Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 05:57 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,004 times

Advertisements

You've gotten some great recommendations for restaurants. Canlis is the nicest restaurant in Seattle, and has been for a long time, so if your dad appreciates truly outstanding food and service, that is the place.

Another couple adds for great seafood: Aqua by El Gaucho and Elliott's - both on the waterfront.

Are you looking for a place for Thanksgiving dinner? The Barking Frog in Woodinville is known to be great for Thanksgiving. Here's the menu for this year: http://www.willowslodge.com/pdf/menu...iving_2013.pdf

I went to the Metropolitan Grill the other night for dinner and was reminded of how much I love that place. It's perfect but not pretentious. Steak always prepared properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 05:37 PM

458 posts, read 958,157 times
Favorite seafood is Rays Boathouse...beautiful views...delicious food much of it local, valet parking and one of the most knowledgeable Sommeliers in town! Elegant without being stuffy...

Old 11-04-2013, 08:02 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,885,496 times
So my dad has taken matters into his own hands and days that he wants to go to Morton's. Any feedback on this place?

Old 11-04-2013, 09:28 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,774,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
So my dad has taken matters into his own hands and days that he wants to go to Morton's. Any feedback on this place?
Fly up to Seattle to eat at a chain restaurant? Maybe afterwards you can have dessert at the Olive Garden.

If he's insistent on steak, at least go to El Gaucho.

Last edited by seattlenextyear; 11-04-2013 at 10:09 PM..

Old 11-05-2013, 12:43 AM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,004 times
Quote:
Morton's is a chain steak joint. And I never hear about the one in Seattle. I have a feeling it's mostly out-of-towners that go there. Better steak places to go in Seattle:

Metropolitan Grill
El Gaucho
Daniel's

If you really want a chain, Capital Grille and Ruth's Chris are good, too.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:17 AM

458 posts, read 958,157 times
it is a chain restaurant with everything that entails...I would really encourage you to nudge him toward one of the great local places that would have better food and be uniquely NW!

Old 11-05-2013, 03:38 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,371,813 times
Skip Mortons. Tell him it's your birthday and you're going to Canlis. The service and ambiance are light years beyond anything you'll find in an upscale Outback.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:43 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,371,813 times
Don't worry about impressing him - show him what you love about the place you live. Let him see your enthusiasm.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:20 AM

2,985 posts, read 4,885,496 times
Thank you all for your suggestions! El Gaucho and Canlis definitely seem like the places I'll be taking him.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:46 PM

173 posts, read 225,170 times
Quote:

I'm certainly going to take my family to Pike Place and Post Alley, but that's almost a given for any new tourist to Seattle.

Okay, what I really want to know though: what is your favorite seafood restaurant in Seattle? Preferably, one that is truly a mixture of taste, quality, and location.
My personal favorite is Chinook's. Taste and quality are good, if not the best, but the location at Fishermen's Terminal, is hard to beat. It does get very noisy, though. I always go when it opens. For sightseeing, end November is a "bad" time to visit because the days are so short--half the daylight as in June. I hope they will be impressed enough to return when there is so much more to see during the day.

Some call the Space Needle "tacky". I guess it's tacky the same way the Eiffel Tower or the Empire State Building is "tacky". I personally never tire of the view from on top and it keeps on getting better with the skyline become more spectacular yearly. And at the base of the Space Needle is what, according to one website, is the Number 1 attraction in the city, namely the Chihuly Garden and Glass. It is awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area