Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 07:42 PM

305 posts, read 450,060 times

Advertisements

Like the "unattractive Seattle women" one for instance? I'm just curious, because I didn't see anything about the thread itself that violated the TOS, plus it got 10,000 views so it was obviously up long enough to be deemed acceptable. Additionally, that would seem to indicate it's a pretty popular, relevant thread... How is a moderator able to close it so arbitrarily? Is this thread even going to get posted? I'm confused.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:39 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,763,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP79 View Post
I'm just curious, because I didn't see anything about the thread itself that violated the TOS,

How is a moderator able to close it so arbitrarily?
1. You do not see everything that has happened in a thread. This thread is an example...

2. "arbitrarily"? you need to contact the moderator who closed the thread. The list of assigned moderators can be found here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/1...ator-list.html

3. You apparently did not read the last post in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
The only thing unattractive and high-maintenance in Seattle is this thread.

We can generalize all day, but in the end, it does nothing to further anybody's cause, or make us happier.

/thread.
The Terms Of Service states "Discussing moderator actions (deleting/moving/editing threads or posts) is not allowed in the public forums. General concerns should be addressed in About the Forum. Any particular issues will only be dealt with in Direct Messages sent to a local moderator."

Please insure that you have read the Terms Of Service (TOS): Terms Of Service

Thread closed...
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: