Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 12:06 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,827,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
Yeah......I dont think an event that features minirs and combating bullying has anything to do with open carry. Dont think that woukd go well in downtown Seattle either......
What does there having minors there have to do with open carrying our guns?? It is a constitutional right! Have you ever been to a gun show?? There are minors everywhere. Heck, we even have minors at the gun ranges I have attended who were dang good shots.

As far as open-carrying in downtown Seattle.. Yeah, well maybe it will be frowned upon, but it is perfectly legal. Washington is an "open-carry state". It is time we stand up for ourselves and show the "bullies", to quote Twisted Sister, "We Ain't Gonna Take It, Anymore!".

I was just giving you a suggestion to what I felt would be a more effective, "Anti-Bullying" rally.. Bullies tend to only act tough when nobody is willing to stand up to them.. Be vigilant, be strong, Don't Tread On Me!

As with Bran, I myself have never actually heard of such a rally.. I was just thinking of practical suggestions to help with the cause you were promoting in your OP.

What is the point of holding a rally for the sake of holding a rally?? You should rally for something you believe in and think of an effective means of achieving the cause you are rallying for, rather than just rallying because it is the political correct thing to do..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 05:11 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,141,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
Any suggestions would help us tremendously!!!
What I'd do:

Vision statement (from exec management of the startup). Strategically, what do you want to accomplish. Depending on that, should give you a very rough order magnitude (VROM) on cost, often a sensitive matter to startups.

Move it to a Charter: who owns it, who sponsors it, who is PM, broad timeframe, other similar details. Someone had to own the process and execution, or no one will. They don't need to be a "PM" per se, merely be organized enough to follow-up/follow-through.

From there, you'll need to come up with some sort of scope statement to accomplish the goals set in the charter. That will take some thinking, with someone from marketing involved. There will be a review cycle with proposed plans to execute with the sponsor(s).

Let's be plain: your objective at the startup is to gain recognition for the company, too, in addition to the noble social goal of "Anti-Bullying". The size of the outlay for the endeavor is proportional in some way to the company's expected return in (something: new business, venture capital, etc.) In other words, somehow you are monetizing this event. That is part of the calculation.

In the nuts and bolts, you'll need a pretty solid marketing strategy to get this going, in conjunction with your organizer/executor (PM). That person, or persons, will partner closely with whoever is bankrolling this.

Get crisp as possible about what you want, then think about the details within the constraints of scope, budget, timeline. The details are another conversation.

I know that's a lot for an intern to swallow, but you wouldn't be there unless you were bright and ambitious!

My $.02. Yes, I do solutioning and programs for a living (software).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area