Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 11:31 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,083,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I'm not. I'm into just about everything and can have a conversation with anyone on any number of topics, from religion and philosophy to classical music to death metal or old school hip hop, from history to travel to art to hunting and guns. I'm into everything...except sports.
Good for you. You're no better or worse than anyone else, or more or less important than anyone else for it.

Quote:
If their "moment" didn't last for FOUR MONTHS and wasn't screamed at me at my bus stop by drunken idiots and didn't force me to walk miles through morons screaming "Sea-hawks!" at the top of their lungs, I wouldn't mind at all.
Move to Jacksonville. The Jaguars are awful. This won't happen there.

Quote:
Have a celebration indoors somewhere where only those who want to be there have to endure it.
It's pretty hard to have a parade indoors. Also, the turnout of the parade was more than the city's population and that's not counting the people watching it from home and work. I don't think too many people had to "endure it". By the way, if you know of an indoor venue that holds nearly a million people, let the city know. They might want to use it.

Quote:
Again, nobody does this other than sports fans (and those Occupy people, but they've finally moved on, thank GOD)

Again, people talk trash about nerds all the time...does PAX make traffic a nightmare? Does the Cthulhu Mythos convention in Portland involve people screaming in the streets at passers by?
If whatever that stuff is was as big, popular, and mass-celebrated as the NFL, yes it would happen.

Quote:
It's not a moment, it's been MONTHS I've been hearing about this crap.
Because anyone that knows squat about the NFL knows the Hawks were one of the best teams heading into this season, and they played that way. The fans got excited.

Quote:
Honestly, why get so worked up about big men in tight pants jumping on each other?
Football would still be football if the pants were baggy. Is this supposed to make a straight man feel insecure or something that they wear tight pants?

Quote:
If that's your thing, fine, just don't shout it at the guy at the bus stop, assuming he gives a damn, and don't force the entire city to endure your buffoonery.
I feel the same way about hippies who want to invade my private space, interrupt me while I listen to music while I'm walking down the street and spout off some crap for some cause that I don't care about, when I don't give a damn either. So, on that respect I can relate somewhat.

Quote:
I would never subject the city to trying up traffic for thousands of people in robes chanting to the great old ones. I would never scream "For Narnia!" out of my car, assuming the people on the street care. Why do the morons who get their jollies watching men in tight pants struggling to penetrate the end zone get a pass that others never do?
Not sure why you keep focusing on the tight pants aspect but whatever floats your boat.

Quote:
A bunch of overpaid, steroid addicted wife beaters with numbers on their backs that directly correlate with their IQs manage to out dry-hump another pack of overpaid steroid addicts, and the city goes nuts with no regard to those who don't care about sweaty men playing with balls.
We get it. You don't like athletes. Cool. Also, Richard Sherman graduated 2nd in his high school class and graduated from Stanford with a 3.9 GPA.

Quote:
This city makes less and less sense every day.
Chicago had 2.5 million people show up for a parade and subsequent celebration when the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup last year. This was on a Friday afternoon by the way, so, a work day. And it had only been three years since they won last. It's not a Seattle thing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 11:50 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Other cities put money into their streets and freeway systems. Not a valid analogy. And yes, it matters. A parade doesn't cause back to back accidents in San Francisco like it does here. That's the problem: Seattle downtown and the citizens of the region are not designed or prepared for such a thing. Given that, do it on a weekend or do it in Ballard.
Who made an analogy? Who says it doesn't matter? All in all, even though traffic was snarled... it went pretty well.

And what's with the bad suggestion? Like Ballard is even designed or prepared to hold such festivities, LOL. If anything, that's going to make everything worse.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:30 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,202 times
Why not just move to Cleveland they will never wins dam thing so no one will mess with traffic.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:49 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,270,398 times
OP, I wouldn't call you a troll, because you have a large number of posts and reputation, but seriously, what did you expect by starting an "I hate the Seahawks" thread in the Seattle subforum? Did you honestly think that you would get a bunch of replies that congratulated you on your hatred of the local, champion sports team?

Clearly this was just an outlet for you to vent.

Either that, or you love to rile people up from the behind the safety of your keyboard. On second thought, isn't that what a troll does?

Old 02-07-2014, 05:41 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
OP is just expressing a view that is probably more common than you think. I regard Paul Allen as the world's richest welfare mooch. He could have easily built a stadium with his own money, but he demanded a handout from taxpayers. Not only that, but few seem to have noticed how much resources Sound Transit devotes to the customers of the Seahawks and Mariners? All heavily subsidized by the taxpayer.

The team has a long tradition of drunk driving and wife beating. I'm supposed to cheer for that? The whole '12th man' thing is mass hysteria. Few of the players care about Seattle. In this sense they are probably more rational than the fans. If a team across the country offers them a bigger and better contract, they are gone with the wind. So long, 12th man, it's been nice knowing your money.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:05 PM

413 posts, read 789,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Not only that, but few seem to have noticed how much resources Sound Transit devotes to the customers of the Seahawks and Mariners? All heavily subsidized by the taxpayer.
I'm not crazy about subsidizing that either but it seems like a way better idea than sending thousands of drunken sports fans out on the road because there aren't enough cabs and Uber cars to go around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Few of the players care about Seattle. In this sense they are probably more rational than the fans. If a team across the country offers them a bigger and better contract, they are gone with the wind. So long, 12th man, it's been nice knowing your money.
Oh, really?

Michael Bennett '100 percent' wants to return to Seahawks in 2014 - CBSSports.com

Golden Tate: 'I'd take pay cut to remain with Seattle Seahawks' - Sports Mole

It's been well-documented this season that the Seahawks are a unique team and have a more fun, positive environment than any other team in football.

One current player says it the best place to play in the whole NFL and will attract a lot of talented free agents

Old 02-07-2014, 08:30 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,240,802 times
Victorianpunk go sit down somewhere. Your ranting is just ridiculous.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:21 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Victorianpunk go sit down somewhere. Your ranting is just ridiculous.
He just needs to take a few midol and take a long nap.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:55 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,019,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post

And what's with the bad suggestion? Like Ballard is even designed or prepared to hold such festivities, LOL. If anything, that's going to make everything worse.
No major companies are in Ballard. Unlike Seattle downtown where you have major companies and hundreds of thousands of employees.

Do the parade in a place where people are NOT trying to get to/from work.

As far as the other city and Friday afternoon, that's just before a weekend and in the afternoon. WAY better than lunch hour in the middle of the week.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:56 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,125,239 times
stop whining and get a life. Don't worry. There will be another parade in the middle of the week the same time next year, when the Seahawks win another super bowl. You should think about getting a job where a parade is not likely to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area