Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 04:36 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
There are non-nerdy, non-socially awkward men in this city. But it's hard to meet them if you have don't have an existing social network here
This is the most sensible, most "real" appraisal of the dating situation in Seattle I've seen in a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 10:10 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
You have to circulate to meet women anywhere you live, that's just a given. And talk to women when you're out, even if you're just going to the store. I didn't run into any defensive walls, man. Women in Seattle seemed happy for the attention. They said dudes never talk to them. One thing I noticed is that when they do talk to women, Seattle dudes are unbelievably clueless. I've been in group activities where almost every time they opened their mouths, the dudes said something that was a put-down of women, but they had no clue. They just didn't know how to talk to women. It was sad. Strange, in fact. Like they had no socialization, no experience with women at all, like they were born and raised on another planet.

So don't let that happen to you. Be mellow with women, don't be a chump, and they won't put up a wall.
Taking to woman is easy for me and would never say anything to put a woman down that not a smart move. I just do not have toe extra 10, 20 , or 30 hours a week to meet woman. I work 40 hours a week and take night classes until 10 pm 3 nights a week so the average day for me is about 18 to 20 hours long . On top of that i live at the library on my days off i spend 5 or 6 hours there reading and studying. Also i do not have the money to do much of anything or have hobbies just no time for them. Lastly i only get 4/5 hours of sleep a night so I am dead on my days off.

Life is too short to have a dead end job being stuck in the working poor class . I just feel telling a woman you put box on shelve and go home sit in dark room with my cats will not score you any points with woman. Having a job that is not job that's not challenging or rewarding it just get old after a few years. People treat me like I'm stupid because I work in retail. Retail sucks, Wages are poor and you get treated like your not important.

I might have a leg up on some guys most of the people in my college classes and in my field of study are 90% woman.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:26 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Taking to woman is easy for me and would never say anything to put a woman down that not a smart move. I just do not have toe extra 10, 20 , or 30 hours a week to meet woman. I work 40 hours a week and take night classes until 10 pm 3 nights a week so the average day for me is about 18 to 20 hours long . On top of that i live at the library on my days off i spend 5 or 6 hours there reading and studying. Also i do not have the money to do much of anything or have hobbies just no time for them. Lastly i only get 4/5 hours of sleep a night so I am dead on my days off.

Life is too short to have a dead end job being stuck in the working poor class . I just feel telling a woman you put box on shelve and go home sit in dark room with my cats will not score you any points with woman. Having a job that is not job that's not challenging or rewarding it just get old after a few years. People treat me like I'm stupid because I work in retail. Retail sucks, Wages are poor and you get treated like your not important.

I might have a leg up on some guys most of the people in my college classes and in my field of study are 90% woman.
This has nothing to do with the Seattle dating scene. This is your personal situation, which isn't conducive to dating. This is completely off-topic, btw.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This has nothing to do with the Seattle dating scene. This is your personal situation, which isn't conducive to dating. This is completely off-topic, btw.
Well let get it back on topic

To the OP I would try a web site called Find your people - Meetup

It seem the only way to date in this town is if A) you have a lot of friends B) big social circle C) put 10 to 20 hours a week meeting people.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:25 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,829,741 times
I am growing tired of City Data dating threads and all the whining , griping , complaining, fear-inducing and other dramatic insanity of these posts..

Just love one another.. Is that so hard?? Do I sound like a hippy now?

The day Seattlites can stop being such tighta$$es is the day that dating in that city will become an enjoyable activity rather than an arduous endeavor.

Seriously, there is as many grungy, geeky, weirdo girls as their are dorky, wimpy, emasculated men in Seattle. There are plenty of macho, tough, mean, foul-mouthed manly men and plenty of fake breasted, plastic-faced, supermodel diva type of girls in the city..

People who have so many dang requirements about the kind of humans they must date are generally not worth dating anyway.. It's nice to find people who are wholesome, intellectual, strong-willed reinforced with a good moral character.

I know I am preaching to the wind, but I just tired of the shallowness and hollowness of these threads.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:34 AM

413 posts, read 789,519 times
Quote:

It seem the only way to date in this town is if A) you have a lot of friends B) big social circle C) put 10 to 20 hours a week meeting people.
Certainly those increase your odds, but I met the woman that I ended up marrying a little over a year after moving to Seattle without those things. It can be done.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:08 AM

1,111 posts, read 2,332,010 times
Quote:
Isn't it that way in any city, though? ALthough it is harder to develop a social circle here, so you could argue from that angle.

How did newcomers meet people before the internet came along? What did people do in the 1970s?

Old 03-04-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Isn't it that way in any city, though? ALthough it is harder to develop a social circle here, so you could argue from that angle.

How did newcomers meet people before the internet came along? What did people do in the 1970s?
I am willing to bet cell phones and labtops have killed being social with people I am sure in the 1970 they did not have this so nothing else to do but go out and meet people. Also people were not glued to there cell phone 24/7.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:01 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Quote:

They hung out with friends and made new friends as people joined the group, and came and went. There were lots of public concerts and "be-ins" and stuff like that back then. People grooved to music and picked up new friends easily, it seems like. (Have you seen the hippie scene back then, in old films? People didn't have many inhibitions back then.) And there were newspaper classified "lonely hearts" ads, too. Or maybe that caught on a little later. People had parties and dances, and lived in communal households with lots of other people.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:55 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,829,741 times
The irony of it all is that all you who are typing out about how much better things were back in the day before computers, laptops, smartphones , tablets were invented from your computers, laptops, smartphones and tablets.. Probably, alone in your room, on your way to work or in a corner of a coffeeshop..

LOL.. Haha, not pointing any fingers of course...

I just thought I point that out..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area