Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 12:05 AM

176 posts, read 299,209 times

Advertisements

do you think it's a profitable business ? can you make a lot of money from it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 12:12 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,470,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adham View Post
do you think it's a profitable business ? can you make a lot of money from it ?
Colorado has stores open now; they are being the guinea pigs in this situation. I strongly recommend studying them right now.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:13 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,227 posts, read 80,425,063 times
The State of Colorado is already raking in the bucks from taxes of only 12.9%. Ours is 25% on each tier (grower, processor, retail) so the profits may be less, but people are investing a lot in it, for example $16,000/month rent.
The only problem is the very limited number of licenses and competition for them. If someone has not already applied they are not going to have a chance.

Pot takes over Port of Willapa | The Daily World

Governor: Colorado pot market exceeds tax hopes - The Denver Post

Old 03-06-2014, 12:39 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,262,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
The State of Colorado is already raking in the bucks from taxes of only 12.9%. Ours is 25% on each tier (grower, processor, retail) so the profits may be less, but people are investing a lot in it, for example $16,000/month rent.
The only problem is the very limited number of licenses and competition for them. If someone has not already applied they are not going to have a chance.

Pot takes over Port of Willapa | The Daily World

Governor: Colorado pot market exceeds tax hopes - The Denver Post
I'm 56. I smoked a ton of pot in high school. If you had told me, 40 years ago, that Port officials would be doing a happy dance because their buildings were being used to grow marijuana, I'd have thought that you were either crazy or stoned. We live in interesting times.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:04 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,227 posts, read 80,425,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
I'm 56. I smoked a ton of pot in high school. If you had told me, 40 years ago, that Port officials would be doing a happy dance because their buildings were being used to grow marijuana, I'd have thought that you were either crazy or stoned. We live in interesting times.
Me too, as I grew up in the San Francisco area in the hippie days. Just wait until the state starts getting the tax money, if you want to see a happy dance.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:24 AM

47 posts, read 70,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlefun View Post
I wanna open up a munchies store next to a dispensary! Or a home delivery company that specializes in desserts! lol
Enterprising Girl Scout Sells Cookies Outside Marijuana Clinic : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 03-09-2014, 12:59 AM

719 posts, read 982,884 times
Here's hoping that the next administration is a Republican one and puts the pot-peddling hipsters out of business. I'd enjoy seeing some of these stoned-out fifty-somethings sent to federal prison. Would make my day, in fact.

Old 03-09-2014, 02:52 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,262,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post
Here's hoping that the next administration is a Republican one and puts the pot-peddling hipsters out of business. I'd enjoy seeing some of these stoned-out fifty-somethings sent to federal prison. Would make my day, in fact.
I don't think it's quite a partisan issue. Most politicians of both parties opposed the initiative to legalize it. John McKay, the Republican former federal prosecutor, was one of the authors of the initiative. And some very Republican counties in this state voted in favor of it, while supporting Republican candidates. And, really? You think it's a good expenditure of taxpayer money to put people in jail for smoking marijuana?

Old 03-09-2014, 03:28 PM

6 posts, read 10,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
I'm always surprised by people in other parts of the country thinking we have marijuana shops and lounges and restaurants where we can go eat pot food. Like, "Oh, honey, can you pick up some pot on the way home when you get gas? Thanks."

How is it surprising when that exact thing is going to exist in a couple months? I mean, in a few months there *will* be marijuana shops where you can just stop for some weed on your way home. So how is it that surprising other people in the country think there already is? They're just ignorant about the timing of implementation of the laws, that's all.

Old 03-09-2014, 03:34 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,042,103 times
Is it going to be legal to smoke pot in public in Washington? I believe that Colorado prohibits that. I have to admit this is the only downer in making my decision to move to Seattle -- I really don't want to have to walk thru a waft of pot smoke everywhere I go. Oh I know you come across it in any City, whether or not it is legal, but if it is legal and legal to smoke in public I hope they have rules that you can't smoke within so many feet of building entrances, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area