Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 04:04 AM

73 posts, read 164,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Young pretty girls are better than chubby grumpy ones.. In general, the younger a girl is the more prettier and the less bitter and condescending she feels towards men from years of relationship failures and children she may be raising for the estranged exes . I am not blaming older women totally for their attitudes and can feel sympathy. But, it doesn't mean I want to deal with their drama.

And, just because a guy wants to be with a younger girl , doesn't mean he is looking for a piece of meat.. Many men feel more comfortable with younger ladies, especially if they are active and enjoy a more youthful lifestyle. E.g. they enjoy going to cultural events, hitting the gym, mountain hiking , music shows, etc things that older people in general (especially olden women) probably are not as interested in doing.

It could also be cultural, traditionally, in my culture, a man can be 10-15 years older than his wife, as there was feelings that younger men are inexperienced and will not make as devoted spouses.

There is plenty of young girls who get used sexually by a younger guy who impregnates her and runs away. Older guys generally are looking for more serious relationships.
Where are you getting that 20 somethings are pretty and thin whereas 30 somethings are "chubby" and not pretty? On the contrary, you lose your baby fat in your late twenties and 30 something women tend to be thinner (taking pregnancy out of the equation). What about all the "failed relationships" of men over 30 or "estranged exes" that make them "bitter"? I can't imagine that 30 something women are "less likely to go to cultural events" than a 20 something. I'd say they are more likely to be interested in the arts actually and less into pop culture. It is as if you are saying that a 30 yr old woman is akin to a 70 year old man, which is really sexist, and not at all true.

No one seems to be recommending that women not date a man over 30, claiming that they are bitter, chubby, unattractive, and don't keep in shape. If so, that would be rather degrading and I'd disagree with it as well.

A man of any age can mistreat a woman, just as a woman any age can mistreat a man. I've been crudely hit on (grabbed inappropriately and such) by men in their 50s, so age is clearly not a sign of maturity. Age can not buy integrity or character.

If someone wants to have a may-december relationship it is up to them, but you actually advised a poster to not go for a woman "that old" (meaning 40) even though he is in his forties and said that once a woman is over 30 she is all these negative things, and to just go for 20 somethings. I can see why the women in Seattle are known to be icy feminists if this is the mentality they hear.

I don't know what you mean by "in my culture" it is this way. I have not known this to be the U.S. cultural norm. 10 years is not a huge or inappropriate difference in age, but advising a 40 something man to go for almost a college student (instead of his equal) is.

Last edited by dancingdoll1; 04-26-2014 at 04:31 AM..

Old 04-26-2014, 07:23 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,164,248 times
Just my opinion, but I don't buy any of it,..none of of my single male friends over 40 in Seattle..enjoy single life in Seattle. Many of the more attractive women are near impossible to befriend, date and to meet. We should know, we are the single men who have had to deal with Seattle's smug single women, over 40. Most Seattle women who are good looking, with nice figures, and who are stable, are in high demand, and the competition is brutal for the single guys, imo. As well, many of them tend to prefer the lanky, thin, over 6 ft tall, model looks, metro sexual, hipster, liberal, nerdy, techie, introverted, blue eyed guy, imo. Caucasian, blue collar, masculine, more conservative, type of men are way on the bottom of the totem pole here in Seattle. It is not a good city for certain types of single men, and for others, it is a good fit, imo. The good looking, shapely, sexy ladies in Seattle, are living in paradise, and they know it. If they are complaining, they might be doing it out of narcissism, and feel that no man can measure up, and therefore they are irrationally picky. Seattle is loaded with these types, in my opinion. Has zero to do with makeup, or no makeup, or a natural look, and fake boobs, and all those other nice attempts at rationalizing. It has everything to do with humility, human warmth, and heart and soul. This is all just my opinion and view, and others may differ, and if so, good for them. Seattle still is a nice city in many ways despite the mind numbing traffic and the exasperating social scene for many single men.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 04-26-2014 at 08:24 PM..

Old 04-26-2014, 09:59 PM

102,059 posts, read 106,854,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingdoll1 View Post
Where are you getting that 20 somethings are pretty and thin whereas 30 somethings are "chubby" and not pretty? On the contrary, you lose your baby fat in your late twenties and 30 something women tend to be thinner (taking pregnancy out of the equation). What about all the "failed relationships" of men over 30 or "estranged exes" that make them "bitter"? I can't imagine that 30 something women are "less likely to go to cultural events" than a 20 something. I'd say they are more likely to be interested in the arts actually and less into pop culture. It is as if you are saying that a 30 yr old woman is akin to a 70 year old man, which is really sexist, and not at all true.

No one seems to be recommending that women not date a man over 30, claiming that they are bitter, chubby, unattractive, and don't keep in shape. If so, that would be rather degrading and I'd disagree with it as well.

A man of any age can mistreat a woman, just as a woman any age can mistreat a man. I've been crudely hit on (grabbed inappropriately and such) by men in their 50s, so age is clearly not a sign of maturity. Age can not buy integrity or character.

If someone wants to have a may-december relationship it is up to them, but you actually advised a poster to not go for a woman "that old" (meaning 40) even though he is in his forties and said that once a woman is over 30 she is all these negative things, and to just go for 20 somethings. I can see why the women in Seattle are known to be icy feminists if this is the mentality they hear.

I don't know what you mean by "in my culture" it is this way. I have not known this to be the U.S. cultural norm. 10 years is not a huge or inappropriate difference in age, but advising a 40 something man to go for almost a college student (instead of his equal) is.
Exactly. And a lot of young people have major baggage from their families, that they haven't dealt with. My observation is that somewhat older people tend to have less baggage. Some women go through a pudgy state in their teens and early 20's, due to the hormonal changes of adolescence, and don't come into their looks until their 30's and 40's. Same with men; some are scrawny and/or have acne problems until their 30's, when their hormones start to settle down a little, and they start to fill out.

There's so much individual variation in humans, one simply can't generalize.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:07 PM

4,040 posts, read 4,838,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
Just my opinion, but I don't buy any of it,..none of of my single male friends over 40 in Seattle..enjoy single life in Seattle. Many of the more attractive women are near impossible to befriend, date and to meet. We should know, we are the single men who have had to deal with Seattle's smug single women, over 40. Most Seattle women who are good looking, with nice figures, and who are stable, are in high demand, and the competition is brutal for the single guys, imo. As well, many of them tend to prefer the lanky, thin, over 6 ft tall, model looks, metro sexual, hipster, liberal, nerdy, techie, introverted, blue eyed guy, imo. Caucasian, blue collar, masculine, more conservative, type of men are way on the bottom of the totem pole here in Seattle. It is not a good city for certain types of single men, and for others, it is a good fit, imo. The good looking, shapely, sexy ladies in Seattle, are living in paradise, and they know it. If they are complaining, they might be doing it out of narcissism, and feel that no man can measure up, and therefore they are irrationally picky. Seattle is loaded with these types, in my opinion. Has zero to do with makeup, or no makeup, or a natural look, and fake boobs, and all those other nice attempts at rationalizing. It has everything to do with humility, human warmth, and heart and soul. This is all just my opinion and view, and others may differ, and if so, good for them. Seattle still is a nice city in many ways despite the mind numbing traffic and the exasperating social scene for many single men.
Dude! If you want those qualities, branch out to the women who aren't as curvy or who don't have the model looks, but are fun, smart, nice and have good hearts. You contradict yourself when you go on about the good-looking, shapely, sexy women you say you can't have, then you say you're really into personality more than looks. You're not believable. It's not that hard to find good women in Seattle, but some of the heart-and-soul ones don't stand out in a crowd. They get overlooked a lot of the time. So when you approach 'em, they're receptive, coz they don't get approached at all.

Caucasian men are at the bottom of the totem pole? wtf?? Conservative, maybe, but it depends on the kind of conservative. idk, dude, it sounds like you're doing something wrong. I had good luck with the university crowd, myself, and with the arts/music scene, when I lived there. YMMV.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:27 PM

Enjoy the mind numbing, insane Seattle traffic. That alone, is reason enough to leave the region...lol, let alone anything else.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 04-26-2014 at 11:34 PM.. Reason: d

Old 04-26-2014, 11:37 PM

Agree with RuthforTruth above in the 30 and 40 something women and men looking more sexy and adult in age vs younger girls and boys.

On that note, I'm not saying I am challenging your experience, Starrider, but I've never known a 40 something woman to prefer an androgynous/effeminate hipster with skinny jeans falling off over a man who actually looks like one. I thought that 'fad' was more in the early-mid twenty something and teens. Are you sure some of this is not exaggerated? Of course a woman is going to want an intelligent man, someone who is engaging and whom she can connect with, but we also want someone whose gender we are certain about.

You've brought up being conservative/libertarian several times...have you considered a political meetup or Campaign for Liberty type event? You could meet women who are more like-minded at events or hobbies that you have in common.

The most important thing a woman wants - more than height and eye color, as you think is very important - is to connect with a man emotionally and mentally/intellectually as well as physically, so if you already have some things in common, that will help establish that connection.

A bit of an aside but many libertarian women are feminists, so I don't see you being a libertarian as necessarily being a problem for them.

Are the 30 and 40 something men really stuck in hipster mode in Seattle? One can be be intellectual and not be a hipster, emaciated or androgynous. One has nothing to do with the other.

Last edited by dancingdoll1; 04-26-2014 at 11:48 PM..

Old 04-27-2014, 02:42 AM

Sounds like an over intellectualized over analyzed, assumption of women in Seattle thinking they can somehow comprehend what so many men contend with in the dating realm in Seattle. Cant be done. Like the song from Lynyrd Skynyrd "Simple Man"..I am reminded of a place and time when heart and soul and simplicity ruled, and not the head based, over intellectualized, artificiality of the post modern, career obsessed, mechanical and programmed social ethos of deeply liberalized Seattle.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 04-27-2014 at 03:00 AM..

Old 04-27-2014, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
Sounds like an over intellectualized over analyzed, assumption of women in Seattle thinking they can somehow comprehend what so many men contend with in the dating realm in Seattle. Cant be done. Like the song from Lynyrd Skynyrd "Simple Man"..I am reminded of a place and time when heart and soul and simplicity ruled, and not the head based, over intellectualized, artificiality of the post modern, career obsessed, mechanical and programmed social ethos of deeply liberalized Seattle.
Are you kidding me? "Over intellectualized over analyzed"? I took the time to genuinely give you helpful suggestions to try to help improve the dating life you complain about and also commend you earlier in trying to find a relationship instead of some play toy.... and this is the response you give me?

If my post above is deemed "over intellectualized" and "over analyzed" then you apparently want some thoughtless response to anything you write. People all over the world use their brain when they engage in dialogue - it is not just limited to Seattle, so I can't think of a place you'd be happy. After reading this surprising response from you, I think the problem is as NewbiePoster said - your attitude, not the Seattle women. You claim you try to engage Seattle women in conversation, which is rebuffed. But actually you are the one doing the rebuffing. This will not get you anywhere regardless of city.

Last edited by dancingdoll1; 04-27-2014 at 04:01 AM..

Old 04-27-2014, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by namenamecheck12 View Post
The "social scene" in Seattle is miserable on a good day.

Dating, friends, doesn't matter. Same ****, different day. It blows. I'm not going to deny it anymore, this place ****ING SUCKS. Unless you are coming here to make money, stay away. I promise you this more than anything. Even if you enjoy nature, enjoy having 200 other people on your trail.

this guys post gave me a chuckle...he gets it, lol...oh well, good luck all

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 04-27-2014 at 05:14 AM..

Old 04-27-2014, 03:37 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,318,586 times
With the exception of a few women here and there, most women over the age of 27 want to get married and have babies. My 30-something single gal friends all lowered many of their standards because in the end all they want is children and a good father. Sometimes I look at them and their struggles and all I can think to myself is "Please shoot me if that becomes me." That's mean, I know.

A woman who makes it known that she just wants sex will always have men lining up at her door. A man who makes it known that he wants to get married will always have women lining up at his door. If you're a man over 28 and you even barely hint that you want to get married, you'll attract plenty of women regardless of what you look like. You can thank women's agonizing biological clocks for that, in combination with the fact that males and females in the coastal cities tend to have a poor concept of family values and there are less marriage-minded men; therefore, making the marriage-minded men hot commodities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area