Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 10:07 PM

1 posts, read 782 times

Advertisements

Parking can be an issue at some Sounder stations.

I have been commuting via Sounder between Sumner and Tukwila stations, and just love it. Very relaxing, about 99% on time, and most work places subsidize half the monthly cost. I have been putting less than 25 miles per week on my car since starting my commute..fill up about every two months or so.

Added bonus: the subsidized monthly pass allows for travel on most any Puget Sound transit service, bus, light rail, etc.

I literally walk out my front door in Bonney Lake, and take bus/train to work, SeaTac airport, downtown, UofW campus. Travel time is really not much more than it would be fighting traffic, and I get to watch movies, read, or play games on my portable devices. Or nap!

The Sounder is a commuter train, and only runs weekends when there is a sporting event going on in Seattle, such as Seahawks, Mariners, or soccer. The family uses these opportunities to ride the train to downtown for some fun on the waterfront, museums, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 10:33 PM

314 posts, read 460,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0m8470 View Post
Anyone on this board has any experience commuting to King St Station riding Sounder train? Care to share your experience? Is it reliable and consistent enough for work commute?

We're looking at all housing options and looks like we will end up with either getting a smaller property around West Seattle or Rainier Valley, or a slightly bigger one up North in Lynnwood/Edmonds area, then either commute or ride the Sounder train to downtown area.

Anybody here have any experience, would you care to share?

There's also commuter buses that go up that way as well. On other hand, West Seattle is a LOT closer to downtown. Depending on where you live in West Seattle, you get convenient access to the waterfront, esp. Alki Beach. There's also a lot more to do in West Seattle, which is developing at a rapid clip. This is probably last window of opportunity to buy something relatively affordable in West Seattle as its quickly become "discovered" of late. On other hand, you buy there now, and you are looking at a solid likelihood of home value appreciation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area