Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2014, 10:38 AM

46 posts, read 82,011 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone--I lived in Seattle at one time, 1995-2001. In some ways, it was one of the best periods of my life, performing or otherwise; that is to say, at least I did some things I'm proud of. But being a native Californian, and coupled with a terrible depression I eventually went through + the weather, I left. I came back to Calif. to be near my elderly parents, now both gone and I am free to get back into study and performing which is what I love. I've grown disheartened by researching various states and cities. Nothing stands out to me and I keep returning to how much I loved the Puget Sound area. I'm in a lease until next April, so it would be then or possibly another year when I move .... somewhere. :=)

I'm not sure I want the hustle and bustle of Seattle again, plus the affordability factor. Are there performers or theater/music lovers who can tell me about the quality of Tacoma, maybe even Olympia, or other areas near Seattle I could dip my performing feet back into? Until I'm retirement age, some time off, I will still need to work so there should be commerce enough to support me. And when I say music, I'm studying acoustic guitar and would like continue; also musical theater.

Thanks for your input, Tonya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 02:44 PM

46 posts, read 82,011 times
Default No Response? How about...

Telling me what the state of theater in Seattle is, in 2014? I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:28 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,481,112 times
It's not that your question isn't legitimate; the problem with your question is that, well ... there aren't a lot of definitive answers yet.

Amazon's expansion started about a year and a half ago, and had an immediate effect on Downtown Seattle and Capitol Hill, the two places where Seattle theatre tended to be based. A LOT of theatres are priced out of these two areas and are considering where to move. Will they move to South Seattle? Will they move outside of Seattle altogether? There aren't any solid answers at this point, but the change is ongoing and happening in the present.

My advice? Seattle is quite expensive now, and you may want to look at Olympia, which is decidedly less expensive and has a (small) theatre scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area