Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 07:57 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,372,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
For 6 months out o the year alot of kids from seattle are confined indoors from the elements, basketball is a sport that everyone can enjoy indoors. The high school programs in the area are great! Rainier Beach was ranked 2nd in the country this year, this area produces top talent every year. Even this years draft features Bothell high school's Zach Lavine.
Only the wimpy kids. My 9-year-old daughter's soccer team loves playing in the rain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 08:12 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
Only the wimpy kids. My 9-year-old daughter's soccer team loves playing in the rain.
I never saw that either, our kids played soccer in the rain and once we had to make new lines on the field by clearing snow with our feet, and the game went on.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:09 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
If things don't work out for the better, at least Seattle still has a WNBA team to cheer for. It would be nice if Philly had a WNBA team to call their own but unfortunately we have no choice but to root for the New York Liberty if we want to see any WNBA action that's close by. It sucks.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:51 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhichWayDoIGo View Post
I've read that Seattle is a hotbed for NBA talent...

...even compared to larger metros. I wonder why that is?
Cause you don't have to do it in the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Here in San Diego, we've heard rumors that he might move them back here. No one ever wanted them moved in the first place.
If he builds a new arena, I'd be alright with that. I'd be alright with the Clippers staying, moving to SD, ANA, SEA, or anywhere else large enough to deserve a franchise.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:47 AM

47 posts, read 70,782 times
Aren't new arenas usually paid for by the local taxpayers, not the sports team owner? (Because it provides jobs, increases spending, trickle down, blah, blah, blah.)

And think of the additional traffic! I wouldn't want a new pro team.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:25 AM

719 posts, read 987,578 times
I personally believe that this marks the end of this round of attempting to acquire a 'new' Sonics. If reports are to be believed, Balmer and Hansen came this close to acquiring and moving the Milwaukee Bucs a few months ago. Clearly, Balmer could see the writing on the wall and decided it was more important to him to get involved in the NBA, rather than get involved in the NBA in Seattle. It's his money, and I guess I can't really fault him for it. Although, having said that, from a personal perspective it is a damned shame that one of the dreariest winter cities in America will continue to have no winter sports. Why the NBA seems to be so ardently opposed to Seattle re-expansion is beyond me, but this smells increasingly like some kind of vendetta. Who knows who our local illuminati pissed off to earn the black mark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area