Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 08:59 AM

11 posts, read 26,384 times

Advertisements

I was leaning more on the KC side due to it's closer to my family. I have heard about the Seattle Freeze. If I do move to Seattle I kinda would like to live outside of Seattle and live on some land like I am now. Money isn't a problem. I am not really worried about the nightlife because I probably wouldn't go out to a nightclub, just maybe a bar to have a few beers after works and head home. I have been talking to the woman I am dating and she told me she will go wherever I go just to be with me. I known her my whole life! I thinking asking permission from her father to ask her which I know he will be like hell yeah son, lol! We went out from 8th grade to 11th grade. She's a nurse so I know she wouldn't have a problem finding a job. The other reason I want land is because we have 2 horses. I go KC Monday and Seattle on Tuesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 09:38 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,830,230 times
Western WA is a really beautiful place....I would challenge anyone to find a more beautiful place outside of Alaska. We have it all---ocean, mountains, wildlife, natural beauty.

But the weather is a killer This was my 2nd winter in Seattle and March almost did me in. Nothing like watching it rain for almost a month straight with no break

I don't know much about the people....haven't really branched out and made friends yet. It is my observation that people here are not as warm and friendly as they are in other places. I came from NC where everyone is super friendly, and here people tend to be introverted (which is ok, because I am introverted, too). People here are city people...so they are always in a hurry and snappy.

Everything here is super expensive, so definitely bring your money along. Real estate is crazy expensive.

But the summers are gorgeous here, there are endless opportunities for outdoor activities. Going to the San Juan Islands reminds me of just how breathtaking it is here as far as natural beauty.

The rain sucks, though

Old 06-15-2014, 01:46 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,882,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylahc View Post
Nothing like watching it rain for almost a month straight with no break

I don't know much about the people....haven't really branched out and made friends yet.
Well, it sounds like your depression is due to the fact that you're antisocial. I had a wonderful winter and loved the weather because I had plenty of friends to go out with and have fun.

I'm no psychologist, but I'm pretty sure the rain isn't the cause to your unhappiness. Try making friends.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:07 PM

305 posts, read 449,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
Well, it sounds like your depression is due to the fact that you're antisocial. I had a wonderful winter and loved the weather because I had plenty of friends to go out with and have fun.

I'm no psychologist, but I'm pretty sure the rain isn't the cause to your unhappiness. Try making friends.
You sound pretty sure about that diagnosis for someone that isn't a psychologist. Plus the fact that you can make that diagnosis based on a few posts is extraordinary.... Get out of town, you must be the most esteemed psychologist in the entire US with those skills!

Old 06-15-2014, 09:19 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,053,513 times
If you love dark winters, like I've discovered I do, Seattle is paradise. I may be a vampire, I don't know. I just love the weather here. Even as a sun hater, the summers are quite pretty. It's also a great place to raise children.

The only thing that sometimes raises my blood pressure living here are the drivers. It's pure insanity...like I've never experienced before on either coast or in the Midwest.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:17 PM

555 posts, read 802,847 times
"It sounds like your depression is because you're antisocial."

Seattleite response to criticism cheat sheet - I Hate Seattle

See #5. It's never that Seattle is a toxic, antisocial environment in itself; in spite of terms like 'Seattle Freeze' coined for the attitudes here; or that it leads the nation in suicide and mental illness. According to the natives, 'the problem is always with YOU'. Pfffftttt.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:54 PM

11 posts, read 26,384 times
Let you guys know I have chosen KC over Seattle due to I have a better opportunity and it's closer to home. I will YES Seattle is beautiful I stayed an extra day to think about things and site see! Thanks for the help everybody!!!

Old 06-21-2014, 03:02 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike62pp3 View Post
Because the Seattle area is so big, there is always something to do.
Like what? I can't say that I agree. Once you've been to Pike Place Mkt, Pioneer Square, the art museum, and the few other attractions, you're done. What do you do the rest of the year?

Old 06-21-2014, 03:17 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Like what? I can't say that I agree. Once you've been to Pike Place Mkt, Pioneer Square, the art museum, and the few other attractions, you're done. What do you do the rest of the year?
I'll pitch in with a few. When we still had kids at home it was never ending activities, but now that they are grown:

Hiking in the woods or along Lake Sammamish
Boating
Fishing
Museum of Flight
Garden Shows
Elandan Gardens Bonsai
Skiing
Wineries
Home Renovation
Farmer's Markets
Flower World in Maltby
Concerts and Shows in Seattle or at Marymoor Park in Redmond
Nice dinners at restaurants

Trips to:
Leavenworth
Lake Chelan
Hurricane Ridge
Methow Valley
Skagit Valley
North Cascades
Hoh Rainforest
Mt. Rainier
Yakima Valley or Walla Walla Wineries
Portland
Vancouver, BC
Victoria, BC
San Juans

Old 06-21-2014, 03:28 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,834,783 times
Seattle is a joke. You're better of moving to Podunk Idaho than here. There is no nightlife. People are socially retarded. Illegals are everywhere and there is so much crime the cops don't even respond anymore, the dispatcher just takes a report over the phone for statistical purposes, at least that's what they did with me everytime my truck was stolen/broken into/had parts stolen off of it. There, that about sums it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area