Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 07:15 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,922,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
What's with this speaking in 3rd person deal? Am I missing out on a new trend?
PollyGlott thinks this is a weird trend!
It reminds PollyGlott of Gollum in The Lord of the Rings - he too speaks in the third person.
PollyGlott thinks that it makes posts harder to read.
Can someone explain it to PollyGlott?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 07:42 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,912,451 times
fnh likes the idea of a C-D meet-up to drink beer, but unfortunately fnh is a talker. fnh is not able to not talk. fnh is admittedly non-native PNW but instead a dreaded Southerner. Worse, a Texan.

fnh loves Seattle and would love to be able to spend more time t/here instead of just summers and breaks.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:47 PM

854 posts, read 1,140,761 times
Bad apples likes some Seattleites but most can kiss bad apples rear. Bad apples doesn't like people who think they are better than Bad apples because they are crunchy. Bad apples doesn't like the idea of meeting random city data dwellers outside of the internet. Bad apples thinks it could end in bad apples being abducted and taken to a near by forest for rape sessions.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:11 PM

555 posts, read 803,196 times
"Do I get a snazzy new uniform as a Seattle Defender?"

Sure...

Phoenix Jones Attack leaves Seattle superhero with broken nose - YouTube

You...can't...make...this...stuff...up...

Old 06-24-2014, 08:49 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,973,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
fnh likes the idea of a C-D meet-up to drink beer, but unfortunately fnh is a talker. fnh is not able to not talk. fnh is admittedly non-native PNW but instead a dreaded Southerner. Worse, a Texan.

fnh loves Seattle and would love to be able to spend more time t/here instead of just summers and breaks.
BATCAT has in fact met a lot of Texans who live here and most seem to like it. In fact Mrs BATCAT Was a long-time Houstonian. Over the years BATCATS have made quite a few trips to Houston and have grown fond of some things about the city. (Helps to visit around February and mostly hang out around Montrose)

One can't argue with the museums and restaurants there. Liked the charming wide streets with the oaks and the older houses. Not so much a fan of the sprawl and the car-centric-ness...

Old 06-24-2014, 09:23 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,339,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post

We can't have a Seattle C-D meetup to drink beer, and have everyone not talk, so I think we need you there, fnh.
Seattle has a phenomenal amount of good, locally brewed beer. I'm in. I think of myself as shy and introverted, but most people think of me as an obnoxious talkative east coaster.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:36 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,359,565 times
We approve of a C-D meetup and beer drinking day.

(Had to break the 3rd person and go for the plural first person, like the Queen/King of England when speaking in official terms).

Old 06-24-2014, 09:41 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,922,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
We approve of a C-D meetup and beer drinking day.
(Had to break the 3rd person and go for the plural first person, like the Queen/King of England when speaking in official terms).
Oh! The royal "we" ... we're impressed!

Old 06-24-2014, 09:49 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,339,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
Oh! The royal "we" ... we're impressed!
Admiral Hyman Rickover is attributed with saying that the only individuals entitled to use the royal "we" are heads of state, schizophrenics, and pregnant women.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:18 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,196,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBlaz83 View Post
Let you guys know I have chosen KC over Seattle due to I have a better opportunity and it's closer to home. I will YES Seattle is beautiful I stayed an extra day to think about things and site see! Thanks for the help everybody!!!
You can't blame someone for wanting to be close to their family. Good luck with the move to KC !

Last edited by chessgeek; 07-30-2014 at 03:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area