Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 02:39 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,461,849 times

Advertisements

When I join C-D, I thought it was a great site for like minded individuals to discuss, debate, and advise with people for the cities they love. But lately i've see. An increase in trolls and it really makes it hard to enjoy this forum. Yes Seattle isnt for everyone. It's one thing if you explain the difficulties you had here and try to give advice to other posters how they could avoid them, but the blind blanketed hate is getting old. I mean do those people have anything else constructive to do? I have cities that im not to found about like Memphis, it's hot, humid, dirty, and filled with crime, but every city has possitive attributes and when I talk with people about that city I talk about the soul, and the music, and the food, and the potential the city has. Its not fun to focus on the negatives. Yes, Seattle has alot of homers and people passionate about where they live but I don't understand how some people get off on trying to tear other people down. Why don't we agree to disagree, and add positive and constructure topics to the forum instead of the 10 page keyboard smashing debates between those who love the city and those who hate it. No matter what you do or complain about isn't going to make a change so lets all keep our blood pressure low and try to think more positively!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 02:52 AM

347 posts, read 669,699 times
I've noticed the same thing pretty much everywhere. People in general just seem to be angry at all times. I think intellectually we all know that not everyone has the same needs, wants and opinions but many are having a very difficult time accepting that emotionally...because on some level that means they were wrong...and it seems nobody can admit that anymore.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:00 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Another situation not deserving of the "everyone" is guilty accusation. Many are; many are not.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:41 AM

2,985 posts, read 4,886,156 times
There are three members in particular who have been trolling the Seattle forum recently. I'm just hoping that they'll ecentually get a life.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:09 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Agreed. Maybe there could be a sticky where all the complaints (mostly from a handful of former residents who cannot move on with their life) can be collected. For someone wanting to know the good and the bad, they can review that thread and also give the complaints the proper weighting, since most of the complaints are from the same handful of people. Lately, this same group of people will start or resurrect multiple threads just so they can fill the Seattle and Washington forum with negative posts. It's sad that this is the best they can do for entertainment but it ruins the purpose of the forum, which is likely their intent.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:26 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,973,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Agreed. Maybe there could be a sticky where all the complaints (mostly from a handful of former residents who cannot move on with their life) can be collected. For someone wanting to know the good and the bad, they can review that thread and also give the complaints the proper weighting, since most of the complaints are from the same handful of people. Lately, this same group of people will start or resurrect multiple threads just so they can fill the Seattle and Washington forum with negative posts. It's sad that this is the best they can do for entertainment but it ruins the purpose of the forum, which is likely their intent.
I think there is a difference between honest complaints that might be useful perspectives for potential residents, and people just slamming a city (or it's populace) because they have nothing better to do than stir up trouble on internet forums.

The former is helpful information. The latter is just noise that makes it harder for people to get what they came here for.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:52 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
There are three members in particular who have been trolling the Seattle forum recently. I'm just hoping that they'll ecentually get a life.
Names?

Old 06-30-2014, 05:11 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Names?
Harrier is not on the list. Disagreeable as he might be, he's too amusing to be a hater.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:25 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,886,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Names?
"Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments."

Rules of the forum prohibit anyone from being "outed." While I don't believe the topic of this thread violates any rules, any targeting of a particular member does. For this reason, I think the topic of this thread is potentially dangerous since it can very easily start a flame war.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:32 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,054,720 times
Lots of people being obnoxious lately. Sun's out, so why the grump action? Meh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area