Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 04:21 PM

854 posts, read 1,140,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Sorry, but FDA regulations prohibit any animals except ADA service dogs inside any establishment that prepares or serves food to the public, anywhere in the country. "Comfort" animals and "emotional support" animals do not qualify for an exemption. It's a public health issue.

Depending on state and local codes, dogs may be allowed in outdoor seating areas, usually requiring posted signs that they are allowed to warn people who don't choose to eat around animals.
So if the people sat on the ground then the dogs could eat from plates? It seems like Seattle could raise a local petition to allow dogs to eat with their companions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 05:11 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,912,451 times
Dog-friendly restaurants? Sounds like Paris to me. Quelle horreur!

Old 08-03-2014, 05:29 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,339,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
Since many people now have dogs in place of children I have got a great idea. Would it be possible to open a restaurant in Seattle that allows dogs to be served at the same table as humans? Could the dogs eat from the plates too? I believe many people in Seattle would love this type of restaurant being that it is so progressive. I mean dogs should have the same rights as people really. I think everyone would rather sit next to a dog at a restaurant than have to deal with some inhuman cigarette smoking fiends.
Personally, I think we should give dogs the right to vote. You think their choices would be worse?

I'm playing along here. I'm not saying that restaurants should be forced to allow dogs. But have people actually become ill, or have nasty dogfights emerged, in places where dogs dine with people?( I've heard that besides paris, that in Budapest, dogs own the town, and are everywhere with their people, and there's plenty of English pubs with dogs in attendance.
There are a bunch of brewery tap rooms that allow dogs. If you showed up at one, you'd barely notice the dogs. I go to these places with my wife and my dog. They feel wholesome, somehow. A bunch of these places also allow kids. They just don't provide food, so you have to bring your own or buy from the food truck in front.
About 15 years ago, there was a "Doggie Diner" in Bellingham. You could get people food, and dog cookies. Nothing was made on premises, it was delivered from the restaurant next door, and had the same ownership.
The place wasn't successful. Maybe they were too early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area