Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 05:14 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,811,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
I can see how BATCAT disdains any bad talk about Seattle. Everywhere has pros and cons, and people are entitled to their opinions in the free world. But I still see Seattle as a role model city, one of America's finest. Clean, gorgeous, high quality of life, great weather, as I love the rain, and no wild fire hazards like what is happening right now in central and eastern WA right now. Great downtown, though that area has gotten a tad rougher over the years. I will miss so much about the beautiful western WA area, to be honest, but not the social aspect. I mean what is my alternative? Newark NJ? LA? Albany NY?....all these places will put a dent in my soul, after living in such a majestic region of the USA such as western WA. And why cant places like Bellingham have more affordable homes for sale? It has gotten outrageous, the prices of homes anywhere in western WA.
Mount Vernon/Burlington/Whidbey/Sedro etc are all fairly affordable and not far from Bellingham... Why even bother living in Bellingham when you can live nearby for much less money..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 05:27 PM

Men who need to find a woman to give them happiness will never be happy as feministic women in the Western World generally put the guy's happiness second to their own.. IT is just how it is. Relationships in the Northwest USA are female dominated and if you are not wealthy or supermodel quality, you will need to be able to submit to a woman's authority . Even, I know very handsome and wealthy guys who are totally slaves to their female partners and in constant submission for fear that they may end up "SINGLE" or without their pretty little princess.. AHHHHH!!!

I think a lot of men also try to hard to impress the girls with superficial means. How about, just go on and live your life and if you find a woman who is madly in love with you, then consider yourself blessed. If she wants to make you happy and even spoil you, consider yourself even more blessed! I, myself, would never want to have to go out of my way to constantly impress and pamper a girl. These very "attractive" women that guys are attracted to are generally the flashy, snobby, sexy diva types who generally dominate over their men , which makes the "emasculated" Seattle man feel inferior and the need to prove himself. The fact is, if guys have to try so hard to impress a woman, they have already lost.

Do not date women who have monetary preferences or who make all types of superficial demands on your height, weight, build, hair color, etc.

I, myself, rather choose a plain looking girl who would even enjoy going out of her way for me, like cooking me dinner. Don't ever date a very attractive girl. Trust me.. They will be in love with themselves and their mirror more than you. It is just a given. I also like my women, feminine. If she has a great career, that is fine.. However, still love me enough to cook me a meal.

Seattle does have a lot of plain janes.. I do not see them with very studly boyfriends.. The sexy diva girls will be with the more attractive men.. Go for a plain jane who is not a feminist. I know its hard in Seattle, but it is doable.

Oh yeah , a message to the Seattle guys.. Get your a**es to the gym and start lifting weights and stop eating all the vegan junk food. Seriously, the men in Seattle on average are very skinny or the other extreme, chubby and flabby. Get into shape and find yourself a mediocre looking girl who will really appreciate who you are even more. If you are skin and bones or flabby, unshowered and wear Star Wars t-shirts to the clubs, why would you think you are going to be a magnet for decent ladies? Very attractive girls are more for temporary relationships, although I am not into that kind of relationship, myself. I rarely meet a very attractive girl who can stay in a relationship very long as she generally will never be satisfied with any man and the men she will go for will in general be very popular with other attractive ladies. As a general rule, the more attractive women are, the more screwed up they are in the head. Just find a girl who is mediocre looking and seems feminine and likes being around you, not the other way around.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 08-13-2014 at 05:37 PM..

Old 08-13-2014, 05:58 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,176,255 times
My Vernon and the surrounding areas are not cheap by my standards, unless you want a manufactured home, or a fixer upper, as my housing budget is more suited for places like KY, AR, MO, and Indiana......where I can get a newer, nicer, home with more acreage for much cheaper then some outdated, fixer upper in Mount Vernon. The houses up there in my price range are junker's imo.

here is what 240k gets you north of Everett WA....

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...w=2&source=web

a mobile home on a few acres.....lol

Old 08-13-2014, 08:14 PM

8,065 posts, read 8,325,306 times
Well, there's always Granite Falls or Concrete. Where there's a will, there's a place...

Old 08-13-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
My Vernon and the surrounding areas are not cheap by my standards, unless you want a manufactured home, or a fixer upper, as my housing budget is more suited for places like KY, AR, MO, and Indiana......where I can get a newer, nicer, home with more acreage for much cheaper then some outdated, fixer upper in Mount Vernon. The houses up there in my price range are junker's imo.

here is what 240k gets you north of Everett WA....

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...w=2&source=web

a mobile home on a few acres.....lol
I don't know what type of career you are in, but if you live in Mt Vernon you can commute to Everett or even Bellevue for work and wages in these cities are generally higher than what you would make in Kentucky or Arkansas. Also, Washington does not have a State Income Tax, which significantly adds to the salary. For example, even though I can buy a house cheaper in Southern Idaho, due to the extra 7% state income tax, I am actually paying more money each year, even with the cheaper house payments or rent than I would living in Skagit Valley or Whidbey. Also, Washington state does not tax most food items which also significantly saves money.

BTW.. Oak Harbor is considerably even cheaper than Mt Vernon. Also, you have some of the most beautiful scenery in the USA right in your backyard living up here.. The beauty of the Skagit River rivals the Bellingham Bay IMO and the North Cascades National Park is in your backyard.

I don't know what your budget is like, but I have seen big houses renting for like $900/month in Oak Harbor and you can get a pretty nice suburban track home in Mount Vernon for $1100/month. In Sedro-Woolley, the same suburban track home would be like $900/month as well.

Once again, remember WA state has no state income tax and there are probably better jobs in Everett than in some of these cities in the Rust Belt. Also, I have compared prices of houses and land in the Deep South and if you live near an urban center where there is more work, the prices are actually not too far off from what you would pay in the Skagit Valley.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 08-13-2014 at 09:28 PM..

Old 08-14-2014, 12:08 AM

555 posts, read 801,281 times
Skidamarink:

I would agree with yours (and RotseCherut's) assessment of Seattle men. The Seattle Freeze isn't about relations between the genders alone. It's impossible for normal men to find other normal men to make friends with---or at least very difficult. Seattle does not have a culture attractive to any real man, and not just because of the bad M/F ratios. Most men don't find the passive-aggressive, effete hipster culture; the cliquish immaturity; or the in-your-face boorishness of the trailer-trash types you mentioned appealing. That's why they typically go elsewhere.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:28 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,176,255 times
all fixer uppers or old, or manufactured homes, or downright ugly , non updated homes, I m looking to buy, and my budget is not high enough for the junker up in Granite Falls either, using a VA Loan.....like I said, best to move to a state that is in my price range, I will lose the great weather and the nature some, but I best move, anyway out of state, as socially speaking, WA has not been good to me. So for my soul, I think it is wiser to leave the region and start over somewhere new and different, and hopefully a place, with friendly women!!! Whereby I can finally have dates and a social life again, God willing.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:17 AM

Quote:
all fixer uppers or old, or manufactured homes, or downright ugly , non updated homes, I m looking to buy, and my budget is not high enough for the junker up in Granite Falls either, using a VA Loan.....like I said, best to move to a state that is in my price range, I will lose the great weather and the nature some, but I best move, anyway out of state, as socially speaking, WA has not been good to me. So for my soul, I think it is wiser to leave the region and start over somewhere new and different, and hopefully a place, with friendly women!!! Whereby I can finally have dates and a social life again, God willing.
Have you considered going to Phillipines, Latin America or Eastern EUrope? Poland, for example, has a decent economy, but is known for having a lot of beautiful, old-fashioned and sociable women. If a job is not an issue, you can both live cheap and be in a place where women are more outgoing, friendly and of course, exotic. I mean if you are going to move to a place based on finding friendlier women, I would say that not many places in the USA are really phenomenal in that respect. I understand your the pains you are going through here in Washington. It's not the most friendly, outgoing and social place to live. There is a lot of beauty though. I also don't know how exuberant people are in the South or Midwest or any of the areas you are considering moving to. Somehow, living in a rural piece of acreage in Missouri, I don't find it will be the best place as far as your dating prospects are concerned.

Anyway, I don't know your financial situation or job prospects. If you are retired and barely scraping by, then yeah, Washington isn't necessarily the best bet.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:29 AM

11 posts, read 19,763 times
The biggest thing I've noticed about Seattle is that the people are boring, superficial, and quick to judge. They will rarely "give you a chance" so to speak. They already have their mind made up about you, and it will take several years to change that. Do you *really* want to do that?

If they see you working out in a ripped shirt, you're trailer trash. If you dress up nice for the day, you're a yuppie *******. Stylish clothing? Hipster effete! If you're not 100% built, you're an effeminate hipster. We won't talk to you to find out if you *actually are,* but we saw you, and much like a TV show, we now know which character you play. Likewise, if you actually do work out, you are a blue collar construction worker or homeless. You also have no brains. People in Seattle strongly believe life is an RPG where everyone (but them) was handed a specific amount of points at birth. If you are ugly, you're smart, vise-versa. They blow off men who don't approach them perfectly, then ***** and moan about the lack of men. If you've ever heard some of the conversations women have about the men in Seattle (in line, coffee shops, etc.), you understand the MASSIVE, IMMENSE, superiority complex the average Seattle woman has. This extends well into the senior citizen range.

The nicest women in Seattle are the younger, beautiful ones. I'm not joking. It's the inversion of elsewhere. Why this is is something i have theories on, but will spare readers. It is both comforting and humorous, though, to have some 35 year old angry woman yell at you, then have a beautiful young one flirt with you.

It's just a ****ty place to live. The women are aggressive, get mad the men don't approach them, then go on a feminist rant about how strong they are. Then go ask the men out yourselves, or wear a skirt and start acting like a woman. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too.

God damn, Seattle is awful. Don't move here unless you are going to make six-figures, plus. You don't want to interact with these people. They pretend to care, then judge you for everything you did and did not do. It's sad. It's boring. It's Seattle.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:42 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,572,655 times
Interesting how men outnumber women in Washington and California. In major East Coast cities it's quite the opposite. In NYC, Philly, Washington DC, Baltimore, Atlanta, and Miami the women greatly outnumber the men. Sometimes you just have to get real about what to expect out of a place. If you're a single male, and you're looking to have a more outgoing lifestyle, Washington is not going to be for you, and neither is California. You need to get you a job in Dallas, Atlanta, Philadelphia, NYC, DC, etc. All of these places have good tech markets as well. and a lot of high paying jobs. You may as well go East., grab you a woman, and head back to Washington or California when you have a wedding ring and a few kids. I feel the atmosphere on the West Coast just works more for single family households. The East Coast in general is just more sociable. Even Philly which is one of the less sociable East Coast cities is miles more sociable than Seattle, San Jose, San Diego, Portland, and other West Coast cities. that's just the reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area