Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 06:23 PM

318 posts, read 628,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Does anyone see any irony in the combination of "Christian" and "gun friendly"? Did Jesus pack heat?
Don't feel bad about the negative responses to your question. Yes, I also see the obvious irony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 07:58 PM

11 posts, read 17,657 times
I would like to thank everybody for all the advice. Greatly appreciated. Have a lot of places to look into.

As for the irony part. Depending on an individuals views/opinion, I can see where the irony can be found. But yes we are Christians who love our second amendments. We were patriotic before we joined the Army and now that we're vets...our patriotism is extremely high. As for guns, we're not looking to murder anyone in cold blood. Our guns are for protection and hunting. We have children, and we want to make sure we are prepared in case of any home intruders. As for the Christian part, the Bible does say we have a right to protect our home and family. But again, I do see where the irony can be easily spotted.

Another question if anyone can help. How difficult is it to get a concealed carry?

All comments are welcome with all views.

Thank you again everyone!

Old 09-13-2014, 08:17 PM

318 posts, read 628,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieVik View Post
I would like to thank everybody for all the advice. Greatly appreciated. Have a lot of places to look into.

As for the irony part. Depending on an individuals views/opinion, I can see where the irony can be found. But yes we are Christians who love our second amendments. We were patriotic before we joined the Army and now that we're vets...our patriotism is extremely high. As for guns, we're not looking to murder anyone in cold blood. Our guns are for protection and hunting. We have children, and we want to make sure we are prepared in case of any home intruders. As for the Christian part, the Bible does say we have a right to protect our home and family. But again, I do see where the irony can be easily spotted.

Another question if anyone can help. How difficult is it to get a concealed carry?

All comments are welcome with all views.

Thank you again everyone!
Not difficult at all to get a concealed permit in Washington. Just have to apply and pass a background check.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:19 PM

Thank you NCDavid! Have a great rest of the weekend!

Old 09-13-2014, 08:39 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Does anyone see any irony in the combination of "Christian" and "gun friendly"? Did Jesus pack heat?
Seriously. I live on the Eastside, not Seattle, and I do see the irony, but I think posters are giving the OP good advice. Go South or North of the Seattle Metro.

And Seattle has nothing to apologize for. They felt this way before the OP decided to come here. It's not like anyone here is moving to Texas and then complaining about them.

Quote:

Idaho has restaurants. (Sorry, couldn't help it.)

Old 09-13-2014, 08:45 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,667,143 times
Just wanted to also mention that I'm surprised by the number of ex-military in my neighborhood. Honestly, I'm not sure how they can all afford it, but that might just be my ignorance.... I know many (if not most) of them are Chrstian and gun owners, and they're great neighbors. Very polite and law-abiding.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:49 PM

Thank you Seacove.

And yes, we are moving in that area. Knowing how seattle is already. We don't expect areas to fit or adjust to us, but we are just looking for the best areas that we would fit into.

As for people, I don't care if they are liberal or conservative. They are people. We will show respect and agree to disagree. But we never intend on causing a stir. We would protect anybody if need be regardless of politics.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:52 PM

338 posts, read 847,748 times
I'm as liberal and atheist as one gets.
As long as you aren't proselytizing in my face or acting like a crazy bigot, we're cool.
I've found a lot of Seattlites to be that way.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:52 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
We don't expect areas to fit or adjust to us, but we are just looking for the best areas that we would fit into.
That's completely fair. Good luck!

Old 09-13-2014, 08:56 PM

Kaonevar,

I understand. We will talk about our faith and God only if people ask or show interest or it comes up, but if they say "ok thats enough", we will gladly stop. We show respect and just strive to be a good example to our children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area