Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2014, 12:45 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,651,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacite View Post
The whole thing is a joke, really. Now admittedly I am a 49ers fan. But I have literalky warched every 49ers SB and never seen anywhere near this volume of hats, sweaters, etc. even in the Niners heyday. I have lived in CA for decades and LITERALLY not met ONE Seahawk fan prior to 2012. Not one. Yet today some idiot at my job in Sacranento was decked out in hat and sweater, and I see more everyday. And stop forcing this rivalry on us. No one in SF cared about the Seahawks pre-2012 and honestly, aside from their uber obnoxious fans I still really don't. Lol 2 year "storied" rivalry. Give me a break.
49ers-Cowboys was the big rivalry back in the '90s, and who even thinks about that now? This always happens when two teams rise to dominance. It's nothing new. Gosh, people just need to lighten up! All this talk about "real" fans and bandwagoners. Who cares? It's a game! The Packers bandwagon was overflowing in the mid-'90s, when Brett Favre was at the top of his game. Didn't bother me. I was a fan long before he was there, and I'm still a fan now. I'm sure most of the bandwagoners moved on a long time ago. Let 'em. The most it ever affected me was when somebody in a chat room accused me of being a bandwagoner! The guy insisted that I name one Packers offensive lineman from the '80s to prove my fandom. I just rattled off "Larry McCarren. Next?" and it shut him right up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 07:15 AM

6,885 posts, read 8,895,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
"more of a festivus person elkotronics, huh?"

Actually I think you and I might be more on the same track than I thought! Our son really loves Seinfeld. He recorded pretty much all of them.

yes to the bromance if larry david is your hero too, elkotronics

Old 12-25-2014, 08:28 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,453,760 times
Larry David is great at getting one to think about the ridiculousness of so many things in life. He'll cut ta shreds your typical prideful weatherman!

Old 12-25-2014, 08:53 AM

1,961 posts, read 2,245,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Agreed. Everybody in Seattle needs to know how good they have it, whether they're football fans or not. A winning team always beats a losing team any day.

Mania or not, Seattle fans ought to be proud of what, right now, is a really good football team in a great city.
And proud of your QB, awesome in every sense both on and off the field. This from a future Sequim retiree and loyal fan...can't get any more loyal than a Packer fan ...of another all-around awesome QB, Aaron Rodgers.

Of course Wilson's short but successful stint as a Badger QB helps me appreciate him even more.

Last edited by Jumpindogs; 12-25-2014 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: Duh.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
Why can't people switch allegiances? That's silly.

Granted, I've been a loyal, diehard Packers fan for over 30 years, and I doubt that will ever change. And I don't understand the logic of having to support the local team -- maybe because I grew up in the middle of nowhere without a local team to support. But goodness, if people move here and want to back the Hawks, more power to them. I even cheer them on and hope they do well, even though they aren't "my" team.
I guarantee you that will never change.

Yup. Allegiance is based on more than merely where we live. There are many other factors that determine our like/dislike for a football team. The existence of devout Packer fans all over the country...fans who've never set foot in Wisconsin...is just one example of this.

I like the Hawks too.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
This is another of my peeves. Why is there so much alcohol abuse connected? People wax on about the intricacies of the game as if it's chess with live pieces. I can appreciate that, and when I used to watch football it was one thing I found interesting about the sport. My head football coach in high school used to say "football is war," and he was a student of military history, and a smart guy.

But then it turns out that everyone seems to have to get snockered to watch. That makes no sense. Maybe it is appropriate in that the fans can get the same brain damage as the players, and don't have to experience it vicariously.
In Green Bay alcohol is the best anti-freeze.

Seriously, there are lots of fans who don't drink or who easily appreciate the intricacies after a few beers. It's the drunks that make the bigger impression because they are so annoying.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:41 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,453,760 times
SEA 28 STL 9. Let's do this. Already.

Old 12-25-2014, 12:07 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,917,241 times
Merry Christmas everyone, and Go Hawks!

Old 12-25-2014, 04:53 PM

6,885 posts, read 8,895,425 times
Quote:
Larry David is great at getting one to think about the ridiculousness of so many things in life. He'll cut ta shreds your typical prideful weatherman!
and seeks fairness, justice, civility

Old 12-26-2014, 03:53 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,321,941 times
Quote:
"more of a festivus person elkotronics, huh?"

Actually I think you and I might be more on the same track than I thought! Our son really loves Seinfeld. He recorded pretty much all of them.
Well then you must be familiar with the Seinfeld spiel on the 'logic' of sports fandom. I've actually never seen it but someone described it to me.

Oh, yeah, here it is. Now I have seen it thanks to youtube & search.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we-L7w1K5Zo

I make fun of it but I'm subject to the same thing. If you look in the basketball forum, you'll see all my posts about the Chicago Bulls (I lived there for many years before coming out West).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area