Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 02:54 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I can't go to work or walk to the grocery store without seeing people decked out in Seahawks jerserys. Probably made in China by slave labor, and cost up to $100 retail for those suckered in to buy them.

I remember when Ken Behring tried to move the Seahawks to LA. I had a job that put me in contact with a bunch of Seahawks players, and they were all p***ed that the NFL stopped the move. They were mostly great guys, living the American Dream, but they had no loyalty towards Seattle. They wanted to head south to warmer weather and LA females.

I don't blame the players so much, but I do blame Paul Allen. I remember vividly the statewide vote for the funding of the Seahawks stadium back in 1997. It initially had very little support, but Allen put $5 million into an ad campaign, and won the election by 51%. Taxpayers spent about $1 billion to build a pro football stadium ,but we don't have enough money to care for the mentally ill.
Washington state's system for mentally ill broken | OregonLive.com
Not at all. It's fun. But if this bothers you, you should move to some island or small town isolated from everything. You won't even have to pay for new stadiums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 03:30 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,461,335 times
Quote:
I can't go to work or walk to the grocery store without seeing people decked out in Seahawks jerserys. Probably made in China by slave labor, and cost up to $100 retail for those suckered in to buy them.

I remember when Ken Behring tried to move the Seahawks to LA. I had a job that put me in contact with a bunch of Seahawks players, and they were all p***ed that the NFL stopped the move. They were mostly great guys, living the American Dream, but they had no loyalty towards Seattle. They wanted to head south to warmer weather and LA females.
So basically you are wishing that the hawks moved to LA? You do realize Seattle would have gotten a new team as soon as they left. Reason why the NFL vetoed the move to Los Angeles which had a track record of losing it's football teams. Ofcourse NFL players that have no tie to the area dont care, but many do! Players that spent years in the city do! Seattle has had many former pro athletes who played here end up staying or atleast remain active in the community. Sounds like you don't have much civic pride. If gives people a chance to break out of their everyday routine and go crazy!

Old 12-15-2014, 07:25 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Bread & Circuses..............cannot believe how many people are OBSESSED with a game, guys chasing around a ball.

Waiting to hear yet another story of some poor Footballtard getting beat to death because he wore the wrong hat/jersey/coast or colors, SMFH.
We are no different then Roman plebs. Keep the population's belly full and entertain, they won't care about anything else.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:51 AM

1,495 posts, read 1,672,180 times
I find it a bit odd when people stand on street corners waving a big 12 flag. They seem to do it any day of the week, not just game day.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:55 AM

338 posts, read 847,787 times
It bothers me that more people in general care about their given sports team than they do about slave labor, starving people, the homeless, etc.
But we're all guilty of this to some degree. While I donate my $$ and time as I can to help the world's atrocities, I spent this past weekend playing video games. That's time I could have been helping others. That makes me no better than those who spent their time at a football game.
But OP, you're guilty of it as well--just for something else. Different hobbies, same effect.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:18 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
I find it a bit odd when people stand on street corners waving a big 12 flag. They seem to do it any day of the week, not just game day.
So what? I saw a very expensive house with a big number 12 in their front window. I thought it was funny and the season is over in a few weeks anyway.

Are you going to go to Denver and slam their "Orange Crush" slogans? I grew up in Denver and they weren't always a winning team. Support can and does increase with wins. If Seattle had no team or they were losing, you'd be slamming that. The obsession with negativity from a select group of people on this forum is really bizarre.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:46 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
I though this was too much. Pretty neat, but it's just the amount of work that went into that hurts my head, lol:

This Seahawks-inspired holiday light display will blow your mind - GeekWire

Old 12-15-2014, 12:57 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,922,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So what? I saw a very expensive house with a big number 12 in their front window. I thought it was funny and the season is over in a few weeks anyway.
Are you going to go to Denver and slam their "Orange Crush" slogans? I grew up in Denver and they weren't always a winning team. Support can and does increase with wins. If Seattle had no team or they were losing, you'd be slamming that. The obsession with negativity from a select group of people on this forum is really bizarre.
I know, right? I can think of many things to be "sick of" - poverty, crime, homelessness, stray animals, disease... but to be "sick of" people rooting for their team, and having a good time of it???
I call "BAH HUMBUG" on this negativity!

Old 12-15-2014, 12:57 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
I though this was too much. Pretty neat, but it's just the amount of work that went into that hurts my head, lol:

This Seahawks-inspired holiday light display will blow your mind - GeekWire
Wow, I hadn't see that one, but hey, commitment! I don't follow football much but others in my family do and some are Bronco fans because of where we are from. I think it's great that the Seahawks are doing well and getting such a following. I think the 12s hurt exactly no one. And I love that the NBA can see what winning looks like in Seattle, even though I don't follow basketball either. I just like it when Seattle wins anything. I think we are also number one in gum walls so there's that!

Old 12-15-2014, 12:59 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,104,983 times
Quote:

I don't blame the players so much, but I do blame Paul Allen. I remember vividly the statewide vote for the funding of the Seahawks stadium back in 1997. It initially had very little support, but Allen put $5 million into an ad campaign, and won the election by 51%. Taxpayers spent about $1 billion to build a pro football stadium ,but we don't have enough money to care for the mentally ill.
Washington state's system for mentally ill broken | OregonLive.com
Why you hatin' on the 'Hawks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area