U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-11-2015, 12:29 PM
 
9,011 posts, read 8,832,005 times
Reputation: 14452

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWarty View Post
Nobody has their hand on top of yours, jamming on your index finger and clicking the mouse button to read this thread.

Besides, I'm enjoying RotseCherut's rants
Lol Idk why that person dislikes this thread.....

And I say, I'm learning quite a bit about Seattle from these posts
I've always felt like Seattle's weather is ideal for me-
Now that a relative is moving back I'm seriously curious......
Lots of single men, bored w/ the women there is just icing on the cake for me
Rate this post positively

 
Old 09-11-2015, 01:12 PM
 
2,401 posts, read 2,439,914 times
Reputation: 2586
Hence like one poster stated..yes Seattle is great for single women. Truly a depressing place for single men though in my experience. The demographic aspect is very evident. Just my opinion and view.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 09-11-2015 at 01:33 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2015, 02:27 PM
 
930 posts, read 989,542 times
Reputation: 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Hence like one poster stated..yes Seattle is great for single women. Truly a depressing place for single men though in my experience. The demographic aspect is very evident. Just my opinion and view.

I'm so excited!!!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2015, 03:43 PM
 
Location: Nashville
3,535 posts, read 4,652,623 times
Reputation: 4598
If a woman in Seattle is friendly, easy-going, fun to talk to and can get along with the boys, you will notice she will have a crowd of men around here. The typical snotty, feministic, cold-faced and dominant feminists who make up the majority of the female population will usually stay single for a long time and hang out with their girlfriends. Women in Seattle, on average, spend their weekends with their little clique of fellow feminist groupie females, rather than with their boyfriends/lovers. They will band together to boost one another's overblown egos and get some satisfaction of hating and denigrating the men of the city. Most of men are scared crapless of them, although without their little clique, many of these same women are pretty scared, rigid and anti-social. Many Seattle women will look to their group of colleagues for permission and acceptance of any male interaction rather than be able to think and decide for themselves.

Here is another strange aspect of Seattle's asexual/sexually repressed culture. People in Seattle seem to be very ashamed of heterosexual relationships, where everyone will, superficially, admire a homosexual relationship. Seattle is probably one of the few cities in the world, where it is common to see two men or two women kissing public, but where if it is rare to see a man and woman kissing in public. As a matter of fact, if a man and woman are kissing in public, people will be grossed out and look at this "devious sexual act" with disgust. For the sake of Progressiveness and Diversity, people will respect two homosexuals kissing in public. It is almost like when I see two homosexual people making out they are proving a point. However, a woman and man holding hands in Seattle seems to bring about embarrassment. Women are scared to look feminine and G-d Forbid, a man looks at them as something sexual. Heterosexual relationships here are business like and dates are like business meetings. The phenomenon blows my mind!

The girls who are actually friendly, cool, feminine and easy to talk to will have a horde of men around them and they stick out like a sore thumb, it is kind of humorous.. The snotty feminist she-males are too busy hating the inferior men and then screaming how they cannot get a date as they have no means of assessing the fact taht their alpha, dominating , self-absorbed personalities can contribute to the warding off of men who are programmed naturally to not be attracted to such traits.


All you fun, friendly and nice ladies who are not out to make a name for yourself or prove yourself as a liberated, career-oriented, highly independent, outspoken, proudly feminist, extremely educated/sophisticated/intellectually superior, etc.. You are going to find a very receptive group of men in this city.

This doesn't mean you cannot pursue a career or possess intellectual prowess. As a matter of fact, I have met some very intellectually stimulating and successful women in the professional realm who still are good-hearted, modest and not plagued by a sadistic ego. They tend to move up the ladder, enjoy good relationships and also make other women jealous. IN some ways, this rule also applies to Seattle men, many who can also be arrogant, self-righteous and full of themselves. Although, I feel the women here go out of their way more to PROVE THEMSELVES. Being in a city that caters predominately to men, coupled with high cost of living and competitive environment also fuels this. However, the liberal theocracy that dominates the city's psyche is the major factor in influencing people's behaviors.

Men are taught to behave more feminine like and women are taught that if they do not dominate or make a man feel inferior to them, they are not having a fulfilling relationshp. A lot of women, sadly, are forced into this alpha type of behavior, just as many men are forced to accept beta roles, even reluctantly. Needless to say, many relationships here also are very hollow and superficial, as people are forced to live in reverse roles and people are confused as to how they are suppose to behave.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2015, 04:10 PM
 
2,401 posts, read 2,439,914 times
Reputation: 2586
In my opinion, many of the so called attractive, slimmer/shapely single ladies are somewhat elevated to "god-like status (and all the rest do pretty well too) due to the demographics in their favor and the sheer huge amount of single men gunning for them. It is very common for such ladies to receive 100's of messages to their invoices on any dating site they may have a singles ad up on, sometimes in just a few days span. In turn, they often bask in the attention, and experience quite the ego inflation I am sure. Hence often resulting in a " no man measures up" type of mindset. They seemingly hold out for the bigger, better deal, and often a man best have his A game to compete with the hordes of other single men. I tend to think the ultimate man they seek would be very financially successful, stand over 6ft talk, blue eyed, yuppy type, with a house and a boat, and drop dead gorgeous model looks. There is hope for men who grew up in the region though, because they would obviously have a childhood friend pool to tap into. All other transplanted men best have their A game. In the end many single guys will have to contend with lots of rejection, very little choices, a lack of responses, wicked competition, going very long periods without dates, isolation, loneliness, a sex-less life, and a decision to ultimately move to a city where the single women outnumber the single men.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 09-11-2015 at 04:20 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2015, 04:48 PM
 
Location: Washington state
5,620 posts, read 3,215,272 times
Reputation: 17350
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post


All you fun, friendly and nice ladies who are not out to make a name for yourself or prove yourself as a liberated, career-oriented, highly independent, outspoken, proudly feminist, extremely educated/sophisticated/intellectually superior, etc.. You are going to find a very receptive group of men in this city.
So let me get this straight. You are looking for someone uneducated, someone to push around, give you head when you demand it, depend on you like a child, and you want to control everything she does while making sure she has no thought or opinion of her own. Is that right? Jana Duggar, your future husband is calling you..........

Dude, why don't you just hire a call girl and a maid? They would be easier to find, provide you with exactly what you want, and probably be cheaper in the end. And more to the point, you wouldn't have to make any emotional investment into the deal. I hesitate to call this a relationship, but generally, a relationship is about two people. What you want is all about you, you, you.

You and others like you can't contribute emotionally to a relationship, you're threatened by another person's independence ("My God, she might leave me!"), you're too insecure to feel proud of a girlfriend who stands up for herself, and you think you're unworthy of of being a person who might actually get picked by a smart, independent woman who hasn't needed a daddy figure since she left home. Oh, excuse me, you call that feminism, your go-to word for any woman you can't boss around.

To each his own. And you'll probably get the dimwit you deserve. Aren't you the kind of guy that usually ends up in an affair after 10 years because the wife is so boring?


Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Although, I would say Saudi Arabia, probably would be more extreme on its side of the spectrum than Seattle. That is for now, as I think Seattle is getting even more radicalized. A brainwashed and programmed society, where people cannot think for themselves,
Wait, wait! Didn't you just say you didn't want women to think for themselves? I thought you didn't want women to have any independent, er, feministic thoughts. So which is it?

Last edited by rodentraiser; 09-11-2015 at 04:57 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2015, 09:06 PM
 
9,011 posts, read 8,832,005 times
Reputation: 14452
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
If a woman in Seattle is friendly, easy-going, fun to talk to and can get along with the boys, you will notice she will have a crowd of men around here. The typical snotty, feministic, cold-faced and dominant feminists who make up the majority of the female population will usually stay single for a long time and hang out with their girlfriends. Women in Seattle, on average, spend their weekends with their little clique of fellow feminist groupie females, rather than with their boyfriends/lovers. They will band together to boost one another's overblown egos and get some satisfaction of hating and denigrating the men of the city. Most of men are scared crapless of them, although without their little clique, many of these same women are pretty scared, rigid and anti-social. Many Seattle women will look to their group of colleagues for permission and acceptance of any male interaction rather than be able to think and decide for themselves.

Here is another strange aspect of Seattle's asexual/sexually repressed culture. People in Seattle seem to be very ashamed of heterosexual relationships, where everyone will, superficially, admire a homosexual relationship. Seattle is probably one of the few cities in the world, where it is common to see two men or two women kissing public, but where if it is rare to see a man and woman kissing in public. As a matter of fact, if a man and woman are kissing in public, people will be grossed out and look at this "devious sexual act" with disgust. For the sake of Progressiveness and Diversity, people will respect two homosexuals kissing in public. It is almost like when I see two homosexual people making out they are proving a point. However, a woman and man holding hands in Seattle seems to bring about embarrassment. Women are scared to look feminine and G-d Forbid, a man looks at them as something sexual. Heterosexual relationships here are business like and dates are like business meetings. The phenomenon blows my mind!

The girls who are actually friendly, cool, feminine and easy to talk to will have a horde of men around them and they stick out like a sore thumb, it is kind of humorous.. The snotty feminist she-males are too busy hating the inferior men and then screaming how they cannot get a date as they have no means of assessing the fact taht their alpha, dominating , self-absorbed personalities can contribute to the warding off of men who are programmed naturally to not be attracted to such traits.


All you fun, friendly and nice ladies who are not out to make a name for yourself or prove yourself as a liberated, career-oriented, highly independent, outspoken, proudly feminist, extremely educated/sophisticated/intellectually superior, etc.. You are going to find a very receptive group of men in this city.

This doesn't mean you cannot pursue a career or possess intellectual prowess. As a matter of fact, I have met some very intellectually stimulating and successful women in the professional realm who still are good-hearted, modest and not plagued by a sadistic ego. They tend to move up the ladder, enjoy good relationships and also make other women jealous. IN some ways, this rule also applies to Seattle men, many who can also be arrogant, self-righteous and full of themselves. Although, I feel the women here go out of their way more to PROVE THEMSELVES. Being in a city that caters predominately to men, coupled with high cost of living and competitive environment also fuels this. However, the liberal theocracy that dominates the city's psyche is the major factor in influencing people's behaviors.

Men are taught to behave more feminine like and women are taught that if they do not dominate or make a man feel inferior to them, they are not having a fulfilling relationshp. A lot of women, sadly, are forced into this alpha type of behavior, just as many men are forced to accept beta roles, even reluctantly. Needless to say, many relationships here also are very hollow and superficial, as people are forced to live in reverse roles and people are confused as to how they are suppose to behave.
Oh, Hell no

Wtf kind of bizarre world is that....?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2015, 09:28 PM
 
3,939 posts, read 4,165,771 times
Reputation: 3055
The problem is with dating, itself. Six dates and most of them unsuccessful? Try being a single woman in NYC during the 90's. Every female friend I had in my 20's and early 30's had a longer list than the OP and most of the dates were unsuccessful and in some cases, dangerous.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2015, 09:54 PM
 
930 posts, read 989,542 times
Reputation: 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
So let me get this straight. You are looking for someone uneducated, someone to push around, give you head when you demand it, depend on you like a child, and you want to control everything she does while making sure she has no thought or opinion of her own. Is that right? Jana Duggar, your future husband is calling you..........

Dude, why don't you just hire a call girl and a maid? They would be easier to find, provide you with exactly what you want, and probably be cheaper in the end. And more to the point, you wouldn't have to make any emotional investment into the deal. I hesitate to call this a relationship, but generally, a relationship is about two people. What you want is all about you, you, you.

You and others like you can't contribute emotionally to a relationship, you're threatened by another person's independence ("My God, she might leave me!"), you're too insecure to feel proud of a girlfriend who stands up for herself, and you think you're unworthy of of being a person who might actually get picked by a smart, independent woman who hasn't needed a daddy figure since she left home. Oh, excuse me, you call that feminism, your go-to word for any woman you can't boss around.

To each his own. And you'll probably get the dimwit you deserve. Aren't you the kind of guy that usually ends up in an affair after 10 years because the wife is so boring?




Wait, wait! Didn't you just say you didn't want women to think for themselves? I thought you didn't want women to have any independent, er, feministic thoughts. So which is it?

I'm all for sisterhood, but come ON, rodentraiser, don't twist RotseCherut's words! Where in the WORLD did he say that he wants "someone uneducated, someone to push around, give you head when you demand it, depend on you like a child, and you want to control everything....."? I didn't get that impression at all. I think there is quite a bit of truth in his words.

Men are men. Most (of straight ones) want to be empowered by women. They want to be inspired by them! They want to feel needed and strong and like a hero . Female aggressiveness, testostero-nism (just came up with this word), being head-strong is NOT inspiring to most men. Being sweet, friendly, kind, light - is. It doesn't mean they want a servant, duh! It doesn't mean that you can't be independent and pursue your own goals and climb the career ladder, but women just gotta be smart about it! Relationship-smart, that is.


I think RotseCherut's post was quite insightful and wise, albeit pretty direct which may be hard to take for some people because, perhaps, they saw themselves in his description?..)

Alas, everyone's perspective depends on their individual values, which is fine - that's the beauty of freedom. But please, let's respect each other, not attack each other and let's not take offense in things where there is nothing offensive.

Last edited by Flavia84; 09-11-2015 at 11:07 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-11-2015, 11:50 PM
 
2,401 posts, read 2,439,914 times
Reputation: 2586
The bottom line...men...go somewhere else if you want a healthy and fulfilling dating experience. Seattle will suck the very soul right out of a nice guy, and deprive him of one of nature's greatest aspects: human companionship with the opposite sex. The demographics against single men, the fat ego's of the majority of Seattle women, the gigantic senses of entitlement, the aloof, cold anti social Seattle ethos, coupled with nearly everything RotseCherut wrote, is plenty of reason to decline that job at Amazon single men, and maybe check out opportunities in cities like Chicago, Tampa, Houston, Philadelphia and etc, where single women abound, and outnumber the amount of single men... and where there is no "Seattle Freeze" to contend with. You'll thank me some day for the advice.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top