Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 05:33 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
umm, not really...

I can list my house for $500k get 10 offers of $500k and just say ..Nope I changed my mind now its $5,000,000.

that is just how it works, the seller does not have to accept any offer at all
You're absolutely right, a seller does not have to accept a full price offer. But it could increase the risk of legal action. The listing agent could sue because he/she has a contract with the seller, and could potentially sue for the commission. It would be rare, since in most cases the asking price is something the seller and his agent discussed. Also the buyer could potentially take legal action based on discrimination, for whatever reason, whether it's race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. Again, not likely, as there are many over asking price offers these days.
It also just wouldn't be wise to reject a full price offer if the property has been on the market, and the seller was hoping to attract higher offers but none were forthcoming. The longer a place sits on the market, the more the sentiment will be " What's wrong with it?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 08:03 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,623,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
You're right it depends, because I know from anywhere south of Thrasher's Corner, there's no way you're getting to Lynnwood in 10 minutes unless you floor it on the freeway and that's assuming there's no traffic. Hell, it took 10 minutes just to get TO the freeway. 30 minutes was more realistic. I was right on the border of Bothell/Woodinville.

I made that drive plenty on the way to the credit union over there. It was not 10 minutes - yes, even despite being on the border of Bothell/Woodinville. If you took city streets you can count on a minimum 15 minutes unless you're breaking the speed limits. Again, going by freeway took a minimum 10 just to get to it, then it's another 10 just to get down there because of how the freeway loops around.

Auburn has a sign with a saying: "If It Goes Up Or Blows Up, It's Illegal". They don't enforce it. All one needs to do is wait for a Seahawks away game and wait for them to score a touchdown. You'll think it's the 4th.

They won't reverse. Seattle throwing too much money at them while doing nothing to upgrade the infrastructure to support it.

With all the negatives I could say about San Diego that's one thing businesses down there got right: it's actually rare to find high paying jobs in downtown San Diego. Most are in suburban areas consistently except for La Jolla.
True it depends on which parts of Bothell one is in. I am near Thrasher's Corner actually, and so it truly is only 10 minutes to get to Lynnwood- we don't take the freeway, we take highway 524, it brings you in the back way directly to the Alderwood area of Lynnwood where all the shopping is.

And again, no freeway needed from that area to the Woodinville Costco- just hop over to highway 9 and down into Woodinville- of course the Costco is right there on highway 9. From our house it takes 7 minutes to get there.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:22 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Seattle Magazine | Home and Garden/News | How Foreign Investment is Changing our Neighborhoods

Old 05-19-2015, 03:46 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,018,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
True it depends on which parts of Bothell one is in. I am near Thrasher's Corner actually, and so it truly is only 10 minutes to get to Lynnwood- we don't take the freeway, we take highway 524, it brings you in the back way directly to the Alderwood area of Lynnwood where all the shopping is.
524? You mean that glorified city street off of Bothell Everett Highway, the one that runs behind that tanning salon?

If you're taking 10 minutes to get to Lynnwood using that route, you're breaking speed limits guaranteed. After you get down the hill the speed limit drops to like 20MPH!

Come on, even Google Maps is calling BS on your claim. Even if you veer off the side street and go around to Alderwood Mall Way (screenshot 1) you still are over 10 minutes and that's assuming directly from Thrashers. These speeds assume literally nobody is on the road, as you well know in Bothell that's hardly ever the case. 20 minutes is not unrealistic in "normal" traffic on Bothell-Everett Highway.

Quote:
And again, no freeway needed from that area to the Woodinville Costco- just hop over to highway 9 and down into Woodinville- of course the Costco is right there on highway 9. From our house it takes 7 minutes to get there.
Highway 9, 7 minutes. Let's see.

If you're taking 9 I'm assuming you're somewhere in the Canyon Park vicinity. So was I. The 13 minutes quoted there was pretty fair and accurate as long as there weren't a bunch of people on the city roads especially on 228th Street which got nightmarish.

Taking the northern path, as I recall, involved a bunch of windy, twisty single lane roads that wrapped around the opposite side of Fred Meyer. Not too bad, except that redirected 522 eastbound traffic was always a pain because they would jam up city roads to get to 405. So assuming nobody was on the roads and assuming I were coming directly from Thrashers, 12 minutes is fair.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:55 PM

32 posts, read 37,320 times
Quote:
Bothell doesn't have a lot of shopping in its borders, but it's very close to shopping- there are no long drives needed. a 10 minute drive (depending on which part of Bothell you are going from) to Lynnwood gets you to almost all the shopping you could ever need. And you mentioned Costco? Again, 10 minutes or less to the Costco in Woodinville. I think it takes us 7 minutes to get there from our Bothell home. That is far closer than the drive we had to Costco when we lived anywhere else (such as Lynnwood).

And the fireworks? Those are an issue in most of the region on the 4th- not just Bothell! One is only immune from them in the few places who have gone ahead and banned them, like Bellevue.
We're right near Tambark Creek Park. We have to take 164th to Lynnwood, 15 minutes. Do you know of an easier way or quicker way besides 164th from Tambark Creek? I love the location we are because we're away from all the stores and the busyness and I don't mind going up 164th since there's a bunch of retails and such along the way (Mill Creek Towncenter, Walmart, Taco Time, etc).

Old 05-19-2015, 10:48 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
Do any of you real estate professionals see what I see, increased value in Eastern WA? Like Wenatchee, Ellensburg, Yakima, and Tri-Cities?

Old 05-20-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
524? You mean that glorified city street off of Bothell Everett Highway, the one that runs behind that tanning salon?

If you're taking 10 minutes to get to Lynnwood using that route, you're breaking speed limits guaranteed. After you get down the hill the speed limit drops to like 20MPH!

Come on, even Google Maps is calling BS on your claim. Even if you veer off the side street and go around to Alderwood Mall Way (screenshot 1) you still are over 10 minutes and that's assuming directly from Thrashers. These speeds assume literally nobody is on the road, as you well know in Bothell that's hardly ever the case. 20 minutes is not unrealistic in "normal" traffic on Bothell-Everett Highway.

Highway 9, 7 minutes. Let's see.

If you're taking 9 I'm assuming you're somewhere in the Canyon Park vicinity. So was I. The 13 minutes quoted there was pretty fair and accurate as long as there weren't a bunch of people on the city roads especially on 228th Street which got nightmarish.

Taking the northern path, as I recall, involved a bunch of windy, twisty single lane roads that wrapped around the opposite side of Fred Meyer. Not too bad, except that redirected 522 eastbound traffic was always a pain because they would jam up city roads to get to 405. So assuming nobody was on the roads and assuming I were coming directly from Thrashers, 12 minutes is fair.
I'm actually at 39th ave and 212th, so a bit further east of Bothell-Everett Highway, where the endless sea of housing developments is located. It does indeed only take us about 7 minutes to get to Costco.

And the number I mentioned for getting to Lynnwood is not BS, I would have no reason to lie about it. We do it all the time. I should add that is to get to the Best Buy or Lowes stores, I suppose it is a couple more minutes to go up over the freeway and over to the mall itself- so 12 or 13 could be about right. It depends on traffic for sure- if it's 5:00 on a weekday that road is slower and it can take longer, but on any typical Saturday afternoon going over there, it's no problem getting there in about 10 minutes.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyluv111 View Post
We're right near Tambark Creek Park. We have to take 164th to Lynnwood, 15 minutes. Do you know of an easier way or quicker way besides 164th from Tambark Creek? I love the location we are because we're away from all the stores and the busyness and I don't mind going up 164th since there's a bunch of retails and such along the way (Mill Creek Towncenter, Walmart, Taco Time, etc).
No, from where you are that is about the best/quickest route to Lynnwood. The only other option would be to go to Bothell Everett Highway and head south to highway 524 (filbert road) and take that into Lynnwood- but I think for you that would not be any quicker, in fact it would probably take just a bit longer.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:58 AM

32 posts, read 37,320 times
Quote:
No, from where you are that is about the best/quickest route to Lynnwood. The only other option would be to go to Bothell Everett Highway and head south to highway 524 (filbert road) and take that into Lynnwood- but I think for you that would not be any quicker, in fact it would probably take just a bit longer.
I'm still new to all of this. Another question, as for Costco.. Do you go to the Silverlake one or the Woodinville one? I know that they will be opening a Costco near Alderwood but won't be for awhile. Any suggestions?

Old 05-20-2015, 02:25 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,524,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyluv111 View Post
I'm still new to all of this. Another question, as for Costco.. Do you go to the Silverlake one or the Woodinville one? I know that they will be opening a Costco near Alderwood but won't be for awhile. Any suggestions?
I use the Silver Lake location the most from my Mill Creek house, but sometimes I go to Woodinville. What is nice about being so close to two Costcos (three once the Lynnwood one goes in) is that it should lesson the crowds at all of them, and also the inventory is slightly different from one another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area