Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 12:44 AM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times

Advertisements

Nah, not to worry, CityWok has historically had a fun sense of humor on this forum, only playfulness in his words. His name makes me hungry, can't be all bad .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 12:55 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
You know, I get all this. Humor is important. But it needs to be in context. Out of context it can be inflammatory. Knowing when to use it and not use it is also important. A new thread is probably not the right place to use it, IMO. I am not the expert, but I do study and teach communication in the digital age. I have no issue with "playfulness", but only when it has context. On that note, these threads should be not only enlightening, but fun.

Old 05-23-2015, 01:28 AM

426 posts, read 526,656 times
Your intentions are good, but you're definitely overreacting, and perhaps now even over analyzing this It's better to stay on topic and not kill the conversation with how you chose to misinterpret and demean.

The OP has a reputation which has upset some of the long term members of this forum. Regardless though, humor is not meant to be taken seriously Now let's hold hands

Last edited by CityWok; 05-23-2015 at 01:36 AM..

Old 05-23-2015, 01:39 AM

OK, if there was any indication that the OP was a fake, then fair play. But how does one, not extremely familiar with his/her posts have any idea in a public forum? You bring up a good point, but it seems to be part of a "clubhouse" mentalitiy, that few outsiders can understand. Does that make sense? If I am not part of the club, how am I to know this OP was a fake?
This is what I mean by context. How can you expect everyone to understand your context? Call it over-analyzing, or whatever, but this is communication and for it to be effective, it must be understood.

Predicting your next post: "You need to get some". (edited)...no that isn't the problem. Context!

Last edited by pnwguy2; 05-23-2015 at 02:17 AM..

Old 05-23-2015, 06:34 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Bellevue is a destination for shopping, even for people in Seattle who cross a bridge to get there. The main reason is that Bellevue continues to offer free parking, on the street as well as in the malls. I had a business there for 16 years, the first 11 at Lake Bellevue. That strip mall is now gone, as Barrier motors bought it and bulldozed to expand their dealerships. I saw Home Depot come in and cause Tum-a-Lum Lumber to close, Brenner Brothers Bakery close (another Barrier expansion) and many new office towers come in over those years. Despite the fast growth, Bellevue continues to attract new residents because they have managed to keep crime low, and have really good schools. They don't need anything else to attract more people. Even Seattle cruise ships are offering shopping excursions to Bellevue.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:17 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,864,026 times
I am not so sure if an observatory would jive with Kemp. It would be very excellent. My friend's mother works in one of those tall towers in Bellevue and will post pictures of the views...Very lovely.

For the time being, the closest "observatory" there is in Bellevue is at the Golf course @ Newcastle. Now that's an awesome view of Seattle, especially at sunset.

PNWguy, lighten up.

Old 05-23-2015, 03:58 PM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
Consistent rumor has it that Bill Gates has secretly acquired many of the most expensive pieces of art that have been anonymously purchased in the world in the last 20 years. Wouldn't it be incredible if that were true and he would open a world class art museum on the Eastside?

Old 05-23-2015, 07:00 PM

520 posts, read 532,021 times
God Seattle people have really bad senses of humor :-P I gather from the responses here that this thread is some attempt at humor?

Old 05-29-2015, 08:17 PM

And the OP hit it again this evening. Apparently he is now "afraid" of the Space Needle. I guess this poster loves to play. That's OK, I guess, but this is where I need to bow out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area