Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 02:40 PM

50 posts, read 92,799 times

Advertisements

Forget the local banks. Most of them rip customers off with excessive fees. Get a Schwab Bank checking account. Totally free, free bill pay, even free checks. They reimburse all ATM fees incurred, worldwide, which means I can use any ATM anytime, anywhere. No foreign transaction fees. I really don't understand why people stick with crappy Wells Fargo or B of A and pay a bunch for all the things I get for free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 02:49 PM

366 posts, read 596,214 times
Personally I would avoid BECU. Their website is horrible, and I once experienced a rather alarming bank error with them that makes me question the way they issue account numbers.

Old 07-13-2015, 03:25 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Forget the local banks. Most of them rip customers off with excessive fees. Get a Schwab Bank checking account. Totally free, free bill pay, even free checks. They reimburse all ATM fees incurred, worldwide, which means I can use any ATM anytime, anywhere. No foreign transaction fees. I really don't understand why people stick with crappy Wells Fargo or B of A and pay a bunch for all the things I get for free.

Schwab Bank is available online, so I could use it wherever I happen ta live? Even Dodge City, KS, of all places. Because I would love ta have a bank that I can withdraw money from at any ATM and not pay their crummy non-Wells Fargo ATM fees. What a ripoff!

I will look in to this. We're moving to the breadbasket of the nation in a couple of weeks - great time to acquire a different bank. Dodge City doesn't have a Wells Fargo bank, neither does Moses Lake, WA. So we've been paying these crummy fees every time we use a Washington Federal bankmachine ta withdraw cash from!

Old 07-13-2015, 04:12 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

Schwab Bank is available online, so I could use it wherever I happen ta live? Even Dodge City, KS, of all places. Because I would love ta have a bank that I can withdraw money from at any ATM and not pay their crummy non-Wells Fargo ATM fees. What a ripoff!

I will look in to this. We're moving to the breadbasket of the nation in a couple of weeks - great time to acquire a different bank. Dodge City doesn't have a Wells Fargo bank, neither does Moses Lake, WA. So we've been paying these crummy fees every time we use a Washington Federal bankmachine ta withdraw cash from!
Yes, Schwab and many other brokerages have online banks where you can withdraw money from any ATM with no charges. I have a Scottrade Bank account, and it's the same thing. If you have an account with a credit union, you can withdraw from ATMs at almost any credit union in the US, and most 7-11's machines, for no charge.

Dodge City? Now that's a place with a history! And would be the kind of place where the first Wells Fargo started, complete with armored stage coach.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:05 AM

Dodge City? Now that's a place with a history! And would be the kind of place where the first Wells Fargo started, complete with armored stage coach.

You're right, Ira500! I have been to the museum in Dodge and this place is where the Wild West had it's start. It is rather awesome, I will have plenty of things ta do on my days off, looking in to and learning all about this place. Doc Holliday, Billy the Kid, Wyatt Earp...what a trip! I don't think my wife quite gets the historical significance of the place.

It is also the home of the largest beef slaughterhouse in the world, National Beef in Dodge City, KS. Here's where I get kind of sick and sad. I detest the torture and abuse of animals...even if National Beef doesn't torture the cows...my goodness...they meet a sad ending the no matter how you slice...it.

Yeah, we're about 2 weeks away ta moving now.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:07 PM

50 posts, read 92,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

I see Ira500 already answered you, but I thought I'd clarify: you'll pay the fees, but Schwab reimburses them at the end of each month. It does make it much, much easier, especially when travelling, to be able to use any ATM, regardless of brand. We just take pictures of any physical checks and deposit them via the app.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:23 PM

Nice, I'm gonna look in to it.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:51 AM

We just take pictures of any physical checks and deposit them via the app.

I was gonna ask a question about depositing checks but you already answered it above, cristina_ell. Wow, I would be remiss ta not seriously consider joining Schwab Bank. It's all online now, anyway. Doing bills is so much quicker online, love that feature so much.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:25 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
Wells Fargo pulled one over on me, but it was my fault for not catching it sooner... After resolving the issue, I closed/transferred my accounts and moved over to Alaska USA FCU and USAA.

Alaska USA FCU has a small footprint in the SeaTac area, but have branches at the various Safeway stores. Also, their main branch is located in downtown Seattle. If you, your spouse or parent was in the U.S. Military, you qualify to be a member of USAA.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:44 AM

Thanks for sharing, bergun. I'm reading all of these and trying to figure out what bank to use over in Kansas. The Schwab Bank idea sounds worth checking out. Have ta get used ta depositing checks at ATM's but that's doable. And using direct deposit for paychecks has to work with Schwab Bank, too, I have no idea why it wouldn't.

Ahh-the joys of moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area