Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 10:55 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,266,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
I lean more right and I'd have a coffee with seattlefun! I'd prefer mine with Bailey's, though.

Politics has played little to no part in my friendships or happiness here. If you discount me solely because of how I vote then you're missing out on a fun and loving sorta wackadoodle chick.
You? Wackadoodle? Never would've thought it.

Old 08-12-2015, 11:05 PM

100 posts, read 129,676 times
I'm going to stand up for Rotse a little bit here. I do think he should be mindful of the OP's comments on Seattle being a wonderful place, etc., but at the same time, he is entitled to his opinion, and I don't think he should have to censor it in this forum, as long as he is not being rude about it and is being mindful of other people, which I'm not sure about his intentions.

I'm glad the OP is having a wonderful time here, but I don't feel comfortable sharing all of my opinions on this post, unfortunately.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:29 AM

202 posts, read 239,323 times
Seattlefun, I'm so happy to hear that you're loving it there! It gives this CA girl encouragement that I'll love it there just as much! Although, I already know I will; I'm counting down the months until we arrive! Can't wait to be an official Washingtonian!

Old 08-13-2015, 09:38 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,889,435 times
I remember you, seattlefun. You're the guy who was doing all that research, multiple trips to many Seattle neighborhoods, and still couldn't make up his mind where to move. So, I guess you finally did?

I'm still procrastinating. House-hunting, in Los Angeles and Seattle, has been my life for these past several years, :-(

It's nice that it worked out for you. But it was easier for you, if only because you already had a family. The Seattle Freeze is allegedly hardest for single men.

If you move to Seattle with a family, you're not alone. You can ease into Seattle. If you are frozen out, you still have your family to fall back on. And perhaps it's easier to meet people as a group.

If you move to Seattle as a single woman (at least, a reasonably attractive woman), well, women are in short supply, and high demand. So I hear.

Single men are said to most suffer the Seattle freeze.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:41 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,893,316 times
seattlefun! I'm thrilled you and the family are happy in Seattle, and I'm kicking myself that summer is over and I will miss any possible C-D meet up. I have been back in Houston for exactly 14 hours now and already I miss Seattle so much.

Mods? Mods? It would be nice to have threads not able to be hijacked by a single poster's vitriol. Maybe limit users to only one hyperbolic rant per thread?

Old 08-13-2015, 10:44 AM

735 posts, read 866,824 times
Let me issue a blanket apology. We usually keep our trolls under bridges, I am unsure how this one got wifi. An investigation is underway.

Seattlefun, welcome! You are all kinds of awesome and you are making Seattle a better city! I can only hope we get more great transplants, like you, that can help drown out the Debbie Downers that like to lurk on internet forums.

As I am looking to move further east to towns like Fall City and North Bend, I talk with the true locals, people born and raised there. When I tell them I am property hunting, they greet me with enthusiasm, which I am not going to lie, I expected groans and eye rolls over yet another car on their roads. They eagerly talk the pros and cons and how much they have seen the area change over the many decades that they have been alive.

Yeah, our region is going through growing pains, but I would rather grow then shrink. Especially, if that means we get fun new residents like seattlefun!

Seattle doesn't have some kind of weird hate for married heterosexuals. Rotse, you keep moaning how you are unmarried. There is a very good reason why women avoid you and if you want that to change, try therapy. For the record, I don't hate you, I pity you and your sad life.

To all the "invaders" out there, hello and welcome!

Old 08-13-2015, 02:17 PM

13,825 posts, read 29,828,016 times
We all need to chill out.

We all need to stop making everything personal.

We all need to re-visit the ignore list feature.

Seattlefun, congratulations on enjoying Seattle, but this thread needs to end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area