Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 03:37 PM

3 posts, read 2,358 times

Advertisements

Hi there.

I am contemplating moving to Seattle, maybe Portland.
Def concerned about the weather as I have been in LA for a number of years which is a dry concrete ugly place to live in my opinion BUT easy cause of the weather is always the same.
I sold my home in Venice and I can pay 1/3 the price for something way nicer in the NW. (around $1M would be a comfortable price, mortgage free as I am going to sell Real estate once established there as I have been doing that successfully in LA for ten years now) Where shall this be?? I seem to like the Queen Anne area but wish I can find a place 15 minutes out thats green and lush like Portland, any ideas? In Portland I like the heights area, Laurelhurst and East Moreland.
Is it really that cold and wet? somehow I don't want to believe it as why would sooo many people like living there if it was wet and miserable? is it a beautiful place to live??
I am from Greatneck NY where its a dream but wayyyy to expensive with taxes or Id go back there.

I would love some feed back other then anything cocky ones. Best to help move it forward or move on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: