Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 09:51 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,792,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
I come from a traditional society where gender roles a lot more defined than in the US, and wouldn't want anything to do with a man who is whining like this!
Out of curiosity , Flavia, which type of traditional society do you come from? Judging by your name I am thinking Brazil, Italy, Portugal, Portuguese African country? Can you find me a nice wife from there? Haha, just kidding

Now, back to the topic:
I do agree with you on some points.. But, what more are online forums for, than for whining or being told what you want to hear? It's usually one extreme or the other..

EVen though , I do agree Seattle in general sucks for men, especially more traditional/alpha type men, I think endlessly talking about how much Seattle sucks for men is useless. I rather just go up and get rejected and spit on by every tight yoga pant wearing feminist in Green Lake than to sit here and whine how no woman wants to be in love with me.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 10-03-2015 at 10:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 12:30 PM

8,061 posts, read 8,287,033 times
Let's be real? Mere numbers and ratios don't tell the whole story. While men certainly outnumber women in certain age-groups, how many of those men are likely to be considered "eligible" (for dating or marriage)? Women are much less willing than men to date or marry "down". While mere "looks" might be sufficient for either for a one-night stand, for women marriage carries an economic qualifier. Dating is more likely to be "preamble" for women, but the "final act" for men. A man making a mere $60,000/year might be the cat's meow in many parts of the country, but be shunned in Seattle as one of the lumpenproletariat! Have only a bachelor's degree and want to date a lady with a master's degree? Fahgettaboudit!

Contradictions, and thus conflicts, abound. Men outnumber women, but also make much more money, at least in this town, which means some men will attract a lot of female attention, while many others will go begging. On the other hand, although women are out-earned by a substantial margin here, they are better educated and more likely to have professional degrees. Will a woman with a masters degree in psychology look upon a mere "programmer" (with a BA in computer science) as eligible to be her "life partner"? Maybe not.

So, it is quite possible that both men and women can end up complaining about the lack of available or eligible dating or marriage partners. In either case, as always, 75% are chasing (or trying to lure) only 25%, which means that 75% are going to "settle" for leftovers or end up alone. Unlike in the movies, this virtually guarantees that most will be, not happy, but miserable forever after. When will we learn?

Old 10-04-2015, 02:25 PM

678 posts, read 870,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Let's be real? Mere numbers and ratios don't tell the whole story. While men certainly outnumber women in certain age-groups, how many of those men are likely to be considered "eligible" (for dating or marriage)? Women are much less willing than men to date or marry "down". While mere "looks" might be sufficient for either for a one-night stand, for women marriage carries an economic qualifier. Dating is more likely to be "preamble" for women, but the "final act" for men. A man making a mere $60,000/year might be the cat's meow in many parts of the country, but be shunned in Seattle as one of the lumpenproletariat! Have only a bachelor's degree and want to date a lady with a master's degree? Fahgettaboudit!

Contradictions, and thus conflicts, abound. Men outnumber women, but also make much more money, at least in this town, which means some men will attract a lot of female attention, while many others will go begging. On the other hand, although women are out-earned by a substantial margin here, they are better educated and more likely to have professional degrees. Will a woman with a masters degree in psychology look upon a mere "programmer" (with a BA in computer science) as eligible to be her "life partner"? Maybe not.

So, it is quite possible that both men and women can end up complaining about the lack of available or eligible dating or marriage partners. In either case, as always, 75% are chasing (or trying to lure) only 25%, which means that 75% are going to "settle" for leftovers or end up alone. Unlike in the movies, this virtually guarantees that most will be, not happy, but miserable forever after. When will we learn?
Good point CrazyDonkey

Old 10-04-2015, 02:38 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,240,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
yeah guys I am really not complaining! I love this city and all but really ever since I've moved here I noticed I began to develop "Seattle goggles" due to the small number of available attractive women.
You, my friend, are looking in the wrong places.

Beautiful women of Seattle are all over the place, and they are outstanding at hiding themselves. Don't believe me? Go to Sasquatch, Bumbleshoot, FreakNight, or any other music festival and mega party, and count the number of hot girls that aren't from out of town or taken. But how do you find out whether they live in Seattle and are available?

Simple. You do what you should do when you see a beautiful woman. Talk to them.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:27 AM

310 posts, read 443,813 times
Great title! Made me chuckle and read the posts. However, to be serious and try to help you out, join a gym, get a dog and join a Meet-up group, or create your own Meet up group. Also, there are quite a few Taco trucks you can hang out by. Lol

Old 10-05-2015, 01:07 AM

102,063 posts, read 106,896,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAIDOR View Post
I recommend skipping the night club scene and get a dog. Take the dog to places like Green Lake and the dog park at Woodland Park. Also join a parks and rec activity such as rowing or horseshoes. You have better luck with a dog and actively meeting people than you will at a night club on captial hill.
This is what people who are serious about finding a relationship do, OP. Join activity groups or local sports leagues, get involved in enviro groups, walk the dog at the parks that are full of scantily-clad women jogging or biking (or swimming), etc.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:38 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,792,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is what people who are serious about finding a relationship do, OP. Join activity groups or local sports leagues, get involved in enviro groups, walk the dog at the parks that are full of scantily-clad women jogging or biking (or swimming), etc.
Scantily clad??

If by scantily clad you mean wearing tight yoga pants and a sweatshirt or a tank top.. Even in the heat of summer, the only scantily clad people I saw around Green Lake were a few shirtless guys who had physiques that left something to be desired in a so-called "beach/outdoor" community. Women in Seattle are way too reserved socially to dress in a way that may make them feel "dirty". Seattle is no Europe and the few female sunbathers I see are with their boyfriends.. Obviously, they don't have to worry about being hit on or being seen as "sex objects" if they are with their boyfriend/significant other.

Downtown Boise, Idaho on the main drag on a summer night had way more scantily clad, wild and action pursuing females, than anywhere I have found in Seattle. Something like Mormon/Farm Girls gone wild or something . I actually had a girl remove her shirt for me in a bar (not a strip bar) and show me her milkers, during Mardi Gras in Boise, ID. Not that I attend Mardi Gras too frequently, but I cannot believe this would happen in Seattle or Portland (outside strip joints). Another Saturday night, I saw a beautiful girl walk drunk into a Jimmy Johns bottomless.. Me and my friend were just sitting around eating, chatting and then suddenly I am like WTF!!! Obviously, drunk out of her mind and forgot her pants and undies came off.. I just never seen anything like this ever in Seattle or even, the very lewd and misbehaved city of Portland Ok, I take it back, I have been flashed many times by hookers in the past in Portland, but they were working girls and that doesn't count.. Oh yes, not saying these encounters are a good thing, BTW!

Not that I really care, as I don't live in a place like Seattle to hang out with beach bunnies

The undersized tight yoga pants are kind of interesting seeing all that anatomy, but you don't get to see much skin.. LOL

Last edited by RotseCherut; 10-05-2015 at 01:50 AM..

Old 10-05-2015, 02:11 PM

679 posts, read 807,059 times
The title is too funny!

Just missed it last weekend, Everett Sausage Fest or earlier in the year: Taco Truck Challenge - 2015

I learned a long time ago that meeting woman in bars is not an ideal situation unless you are looking for a one night stand.

Don't overthink it, just be yourself (unless you're an ass, then some interpersonal skills improvement might be in order.)
Go about your normal activities and find someone who likes to do the same things as you.

Good Luck!

Old 10-05-2015, 08:48 PM

1,188 posts, read 953,462 times
Go to the UW area and you will find plenty of young, single women. Everywhere else is a desert.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:35 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,896,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Scantily clad??

If by scantily clad you mean wearing tight yoga pants and a sweatshirt or a tank top.. Even in the heat of summer, the only scantily clad people I saw around Green Lake were a few shirtless guys who had physiques that left something to be desired in a so-called "beach/outdoor" community. Women in Seattle are way too reserved socially to dress in a way that may make them feel "dirty".
Oh, good grief! I don't know where you get this cr@p! "Dirty"? Seriously?! Women bike and skate and jog around Greenlake in short shorts and tank tops, or even bikini tops. Guys go there to watch the scenery whiz by. People meet and chat in the parking lots, on the lawns over frisbee games, or the jogging trail. Maybe you scare the women away, so they run and cover up when they see you coming. You're doing something wrong, Rotse, if that's your impression of Seattle women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area