Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 09:00 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times

Advertisements

Gosh I find these threads endlessly fascinating & somehow addictive, lol
I guess I'm reassured knowing that somewhere out there-
The opposite sex is just as equally disappointed w/ their options,
as much as I am, where I am
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 09:07 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,831,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
girls who i felt-up: 1 and a half

Mind explaining that one? Or, er, on second thought.......

Ira, is this what you are thinking?

Old 10-04-2015, 03:45 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,461,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
Hard data on my experience with the women of Seattle

Using this older post as a reference, I need to list my own data.

Me: age early 20s.

Seattle:
Time I've been here: several months
Total number of girls interacted with: about 20
Girls who flat-out rejected: 3
Girls who I could've talked to but got c*ckblocked by vile beastly mother-hen: 2
Girls numbers gotten: 15
Girls numbers gotten but stopped replying: 15
Girls connected with on Tinder: 7
Girls who stopped replying from Tinder: 4
Times I got flaked on last minute: 2
Girls went on dates with: 1
Girls kissed: 1
Girls who I felt-up: 1 and a half
Second dates: 0
Girls still in contact with: 0
Times I had sex: 0

I'm just gonna use my destinations of travel this summer as a comparison...

California:
Time I was there: went to college in Northern LA for 2 years
Total number of girls interacted with: too many to count
Times I had sex: 2

Montreal:
Time I was there: 1 week
Total number of girls interacted with: 2
Times I had sex: 1

Washington DC:
Time I was there: 4 days
Total number of girls interacted with: 5 or 6
Times I had sex: 2
Only 7 girls on tinder? My profile picture is me and a cardboard cut out and Ive got more matches than that. Maybe you beed to change your description...

Old 10-04-2015, 10:27 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
well, that's a disturbing photo (of actors) that can't be unseen (as they say)

Old 10-04-2015, 01:47 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,256,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perigee View Post
For the love of all that is good, please don't feed the trolls. Let this stupid thread die.

Dudes, you guys are weird, that's why girls aren't giving you the time of day. If you come off as weird and creepy on the internet, then in real life you must be VERY weird and creepy.

It's not them, it's you. Get professional help, and I really mean that in a constructive way.
Come on. You've gotta admit this is entertaining to watch.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:33 PM

426 posts, read 527,002 times
Wow so I really haven't experienced the same problems that most people complain about when it comes to Seattle women. I've actually had more success here than any other place I've lived and I really love the women here. But I do understand how other men run into these problems. I've seen it happen, and I know the mistakes they're making.

First, Seattle women are *not* looking for beta males. I guarantee you that. They want a man, but they don't want someone who will treat them like an idiot. This means different things to different people. Statistically women are very intellectual here, so you just need to be clever and less direct when approaching them. If you're too direct, you'll bore them to death. Be a gentleman and look them in the eyes with a genuine smile. Try and make them laugh with something clever (i.e. avoid "obvious" humor). It'll melt the coldness right off their face. Works like a champ.

If that goes well, ask them out on a low commitment date. Something simple like a casual lunch or coffee, or just go for a walk. If that goes well, progress to dinner or something more impressive.

If you like her, then make her feel special (because she is) take her back to your place and cuddle for a bit, THEN business as usual

Old 10-04-2015, 09:51 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,973,372 times
Aside from the other nonsense in this thread... I hope at least some of you understand there is no such thing as "alpha males" and "beta males". Right? I mean there is no science... there are no studies... that apply to human beings or even domesticated dogs or even undomesticated wolves. It solely something parroted by dummies on the internet. You DO understand that?

Old 10-04-2015, 10:16 PM

426 posts, read 527,002 times
There is nothing wrong with beta. People contribute their own strengths in many different ways.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_%28ethology%29

"This terminology was first used in 1947 by Rudolf Schenkel of the University of Basel, who based his findings on researching the behavior of captive gray wolves."

Old 10-04-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATCAT View Post
Aside from the other nonsense in this thread... I hope at least some of you understand there is no such thing as "alpha males" and "beta males". Right? I mean there is no science... there are no studies... that apply to human beings or even domesticated dogs or even undomesticated wolves. It solely something parroted by dummies on the internet. You DO understand that?
The whole science of psychology is quite modern and many of the classifications are up for interpretation.

These terms can be described in different ways, but the alpha/beta classifications tend to be a simpler means of describing a set of behaviors exhibited from certain people (and animals) as CityWok has described. If we were to get a bit deeper into the human psyche, I think we can go well beyond a simple alpha/beta description, but this term helps encapsulate a certain set of behaviors that I find to be quite prevalent among people. Some people are more dominants, other more submissive. As well, some people are quite "extroverted" and others "introverted". We classify some people as "outgoing" and others are reserved. We use classifications based on a set of behaviors all the time, so why get bent out of shape over another description that does a perfectly good job analyzing sets of human behaviors, especially within the confines of conjugal affairs.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 10-04-2015 at 10:38 PM..

Old 10-04-2015, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityWok View Post
First, Seattle women are *not* looking for beta males. I guarantee you that. They want a man, but they don't want someone who will treat them like an idiot. This means different things to different people. Statistically women are very intellectual here, so you just need to be clever and less direct when approaching them. If you're too direct, you'll bore them to death. Be a gentleman and look them in the eyes with a genuine smile. Try and make them laugh with something clever (i.e. avoid "obvious" humor). It'll melt the coldness right off their face. Works like a champ.

If that goes well, ask them out on a low commitment date. Something simple like a casual lunch or coffee, or just go for a walk. If that goes well, progress to dinner or something more impressive.

If you like her, then make her feel special (because she is) take her back to your place and cuddle for a bit, THEN business as usual
My main problem in Seattle is not interacting with women, but actually finding places where there are women. I find women here to be standoffish at most social events. I'm not holding it against them, because usually they are outnumbered by men 10:1. In fact, I myself, become a bit standoffish when I am at any event where women outnumber me in that ratio. There is that certain fear of being different or being opposed by the mass. Some think they are in heaven being in an event where they are surrounded by females, but I have always found the opposite to be true.. When surrounded by a large group of females, it becomes a girl's club and you need to be one of the girls to fit in, which always works out poorly for an alpha masculine male like me. I've always had trouble being one of the girls and seem to alienate women in their own environment. I make a horrible a girl-pal.. On the other hand, when guys outnumber women, it turns into a Bro-Fest and I find women become very shy, threatened and intimidated.

Now, if you are talking about just hitting up women on the street, well, that could possibly be the best option in a place like Seattle. It seems like an awkward social environment. I find people in Seattle ultra policially correct and for a right-wing, traditional, conservative minded person who is not an atheist, I've always felt threatened in Seattle.

My main problem with Seattle is not just with women, but actually with all people. I feel not so welcomed because of my background and feel that if you do not mold into the liberal/lefitst/feministic/Intellectual (meaning educated as a left-wing/liberal) type of person, you tend to be alienated by both genders.

Unlike others here, I am not hating the Seattle women. The men in Seattle are weird too. I find the women a little sociopathic and indoctrinated, but a lot of the guys are just kind timid and reserved. I've never been in a town where trying to make a male friend was more of a chore than hooking up with a female.. It's like you have to win a man's heart in Seattle to be his friend. There is no, "HEY BRO, YOU WANT TO GO GET BEER AND HANG OUT" kind of culture in Seattle. Everything is very professional, sterile and serious.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 10-04-2015 at 10:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area