U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-31-2008, 08:05 AM

3,281 posts, read 4,375,481 times

Advertisements

Jenbar, there is still one in Kirkland, I was just there a few days after Christmas.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 02:54 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,541,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vripper View Post
Atlantic Street Pizza on 50th and University Ave in Seattle is pretty awesome.
Atlantic st is definitely the best, by far. Strangely enough, only the one in the u district is good. There is one downtown across the street from my building, which is just merely OK.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:07 PM

222 posts, read 498,016 times
I like Hot Mama's on Capitol Hill.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:45 PM

174 posts, read 418,152 times
Has anyone ever had Elliot Bay Pizza, on upper Queen Anne? I haven't eaten there since I think last year, but I still have a great memory of it. One of the best I think I've had up here. Also there is Toscano on Capitol Hill which can't be missed either.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:24 PM

83 posts, read 173,230 times
Default Serious

Has anyone been to Serious Pizza? I want to try there when I get out to Seattle....

Old 02-05-2008, 12:53 AM

957 posts, read 2,433,560 times
Are there any others besides the couple mentioned that are authentic NY-style? If the owners are from NY, hey that's even better.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:11 PM

72 posts, read 209,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsugrad03 View Post
Serious Pie is AWESOME! It was rated the best pizza in Seattle last year. Yet another Tom Douglas masterpiece....I've tried every pie they offer and I think Serious Pie has ruined all other pizzeria's for me. My suggestion is to ask for the Buffalo with prosciutto. It's not on the menu, but they'll make it for you. The restaurant fills up fast, so my suggestion is to get there right when they open.

Pagliacci and Tutta Bella use to be my favorite pizza joints. Zeeks's Pizza in Belltown is another good one.

Thanks so much, wsugrad -- It's on the list! It sounds like my kind of pizza place. I love when chefs get creative with pizza.

I'm counting down the days until my family and I relocate to Seattle. Can't come soon enough for me!

Old 03-31-2008, 04:42 AM

27 posts, read 83,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBorn View Post
Thanks so much, wsugrad -- It's on the list! It sounds like my kind of pizza place. I love when chefs get creative with pizza.

I'm counting down the days until my family and I relocate to Seattle. Can't come soon enough for me!
I love Via Tribunali on Capitol Hill. They only serve dinner, no lunch, which is a bummer. Can be very crowded on weekends, but worth the wait. I also really like Piecora's. Am I the only person in Seattle who can't stand Pagliacci's?

Hey BostonBorn - we used to be neighbors, I lived in Roslindale before moving to Seattle. If you have any Boston/Seattle comparison questions, feel free to pm me! Believe me, you won't miss the snow, and the grey skies here aren't much worse than in Boston.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:37 AM

8,334 posts, read 14,857,085 times
In Seattle, Tutta Bella is up there. In Renton, it's Angelo's, with Armando's a close second, and in Bellevue, I''ll have to try Allforcats recommendation, but until then Topolino's is pretty good(downtown Bellevue on NE 8th) and the owner is a genuine character, an Egyptian born Jew raised in Paris who spent most of his life in Brooklyn. Talk about an accent!

Old 03-31-2008, 08:12 AM

66 posts, read 209,892 times
A bit out of the way, but I have to second the nod to the Rock in downtown Tacoma (the other locations just aren't quite the same as the original). They're known for brick oven pizza, playing classic rock LOUD on Saturday nights, crazy sauces (from standard red and white, to peppercorn ranch and an almost too sweet red sauce, all the way up to the strange peanut sauce and BBQ sauce pizzas), numerous toppings, and big sand box buckets full of some rum concoction that come complete with a plastic shovel (I don't drink personally, so I can't really describe it better than that). I love their peanut butter and jelly pizza too even though we sometimes have to "make up" a niece or nephew in order to get one to go since it's on the kid's menu.

Definitely not for everyone as it's aimed at the younger crowd on weekends and more the family crowd on weekdays.

therockwfp.com is their website
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area