Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 10:56 AM

737 posts, read 1,462,176 times

Advertisements

Fonda La Catrina in Georgetown is awesome. There are also a bunch of really great places in Burien. To be fair, I have only tried a few in the Seattle area since I have been here. Working on trying them all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 07:31 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,337,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin42 View Post
Fonda La Catrina in Georgetown is awesome. There are also a bunch of really great places in Burien. To be fair, I have only tried a few in the Seattle area since I have been here. Working on trying them all
Fonda La Catrina is great. And they have a sister restaurant a couple of doors down that's also supposed to be great. Taqueria La Estacion on Ambaum is cheap and really good. If you're in the right part of the Seattle area, there is no shortage of good taquerias.

Old 09-02-2016, 02:25 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,321,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJYoung View Post
There appear to be small pockets of Hispanics throughout the greater Seattle metro region. I notice a few small stores/taqueria's and somewhat "authentic" places to eat, but nothing compared to areas similar throughout Texas, Arizona, New York, California, and even Kansas City.

Where are the Latino neighborhoods of Seattle? Do they not exist? Is this based purely n economic factors related to cost of living in Seattle. Then again, this argument doesn't apply to some of the more expensive cities I've already listed.

BTW: Just like BBQ, the Mexican and general Latin food scene here is borderline embarrassing...........What the hell!! (regardless, love the coffee and weather here in Seattle
Tacoma

Old 09-03-2016, 08:12 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,041,601 times
I was going to say, waiting by Home Depot but I know my humor might not be appreciated... But, seriously, I see plenty of Latino folks at my job and in all venues of life around here.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:35 PM

361 posts, read 398,196 times
I see a lot of hispanics living in South Tacoma area, such as Lakewood.

I think there is a hispanic community in certain parts of Federal Way.

Other than Western Washington region, I know that the Pasco area of Tri-Cities have a lot of hispanics. One of my church friends grew up in Richland, and he told me that Pasco is like a "little Mexico" town. The reason is there are a lot of farming and food processing factories (i.e. Conagra) industries out in Eastern Washington, where a lot of the hispanics work at/for.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:42 AM

765 posts, read 898,373 times
Federal Way, parts of Tacoma, Spanaway, Parkland, Lakewood.

Old 09-09-2016, 08:18 PM

65 posts, read 97,338 times
Really surprised this thread is still going strong. Thanks everyone!!!!

Without question, Seattle is mainly populated by caucasians from various backgrounds. That being said, I've discovered a lot of diversity throughout the region as well.

Yes, it seems like I've had great luck discovering the hispanic areas south of Seattle's Downtown (Central District, White Center, Rainier Valley, Burien, etc.) and up throughout Everett. Not gonna lie though, some of the so-called "Hispanic Restaurants" are laughable at best! Maybe I'm letting my Midwest experiences/biases (Kansas City, Oklahoma, and Texas) with hispanic restaurants/taquerias corrupt my thoughts so far here in the Seattle area.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:13 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,295,169 times
Jason, having grown up in Miami and lived in Cali, I tend to agree. Some of the best Mexican food I've found in the Seattle area has been at taco trucks. 4 asada tacos for $5 with some salsa verde, hard to beat.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:40 PM

65 posts, read 97,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Jason, having grown up in Miami and lived in Cali, I tend to agree. Some of the best Mexican food I've found in the Seattle area has been at taco trucks. 4 asada tacos for $5 with some salsa verde, hard to beat.
Ha ha. Dangit, that is so true! I've been killing it at Anita's Food Truck around 122nd & Aurora, on the West side of the road. Owner used to work from the El Camion food truck near Home Depot.

Also try to hit up the 24-hour California Burrito during early mornings for breakfest burritos. I think that area might be called De Moines (near Sea Tac Airport)?

Any recommendations for others? I see various Mexican Food Trucks up and down Aurora Ave, Lake City, and one on Greenwood Ave. I live within a couple blocks of Gorditos, but haven't been back since they reopened (no comment)

HUGE fan of Mendoza's Mexican Mercado! Even though it's delicious, I sometimes scratch my head with their fluctuating charges on items.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:05 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,295,169 times
Yeah Jason, there is a good truck I forget the name of just south of Northgate Way, just west of I-5 behind the McDonalds. I like to get my tasty tacos, sit outside and chuckle at the people going through the McD drive through. Sometimes I have been even known to say to the people in the line (which passes right by taco truck picnic tables) "Amazing tacos, 4 for $5"

Also check out this little hole in the wall called Conasupo, in the back of an authentic Mexican grocery store on Greenwoid Ave N just north of 85th St. They make real Mexican quesadillas, filled with meat, huge, nothing like the quesadillas here. Just a bunch of Mexican guys back there eating them, laughing and having Mexican cokes. I think you can order tasty carnitas by the pound too. When you see "lengua" (tongue) on the menu, you know it's the real deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area