Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 12:16 PM

83 posts, read 94,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baobeijuju View Post
I bought in Sammamish -Woodhaven, are you familiar with the area or are thinking about purchasing a house in Sammamish?
I had a friend that was looking at their community in Magnolia. I hear they have one planned for Queen Anne in a year or two as well.

Sammamish is a wonderful place to live. You get nice newer houses and it is a straight shot on the 90 into the city. I have a friend that lives there and she loves it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 539 times
There is very little incentive, outside of having an existing relationship with a broker, to use an outside agent when purchasing from a new home community. The reality is, that builders have a lot of addenda that nearly all outside agents are not familiar with. In new construction, you are often looking at options and specs and features on homes that are not even built yet and forms and procedures unique to each new community and builder. Not only does Washington State Law require your site agent to look out for your best interests, the builder is very selective in who is allowed on their sales team, and ensures that these brokers take good care of you (buyer satisfaction is very important in selling out a new community, as you can imagine). These site agents are the best of the best, agents would kill for such an opportunity.

Site agents, although hanging their license with the listing brokerage office, make very little money if they do not obtain sales representing buyers. They ARE your agent, both by design of WA law, and the desire of the builder. (Some builders do use agent employees to sell their homes, and that works a little bit differently).

Even when you bring in an outside agent, the paperwork for a new community is so foreign to most of them, that the site agents end up doing all of the work that your broker is being paid to do. It is unfortunate that folks get paid for the work that someone else is doing, especially if the buyer found the new home without their agent's assistance.

My experience in these matters comes from more than 70 years of combined brokerage experience at the boutique brokerage that my family owns, both as listing brokers for more than twenty large new communities, and as buyer's brokers for hundreds of new home purchases.

The only folks who champion using an outside agent are outside agents who want your money, for doing less work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area