Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 01:20 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,041,898 times

Advertisements

'Twasn't a "problem".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 03:40 PM

159 posts, read 185,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
Yeah, I know... pretty much any city in the Western World actually.

But you know what, as an Asian male myself who isn't the tallest or buffest guy, I combat this by ignoring all Asian girls now LOL. Just the look on their faces... You just know that they don't give a crap about you. They are clearly only after white guys, not even black guys... So I just ignore them and approach girls of any different color. So far it's been working better.

do you know where they conjugate or how to get into their circle? seems luje asian female have stricter tighter groups of friends as opposed to others?

Old 02-29-2016, 03:44 PM

678 posts, read 875,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy Bear View Post
do you know where they conjugate or how to get into their circle? seems luje asian female have stricter tighter groups of friends as opposed to others?
Where most of the Asian girls are? In Bellevue, Kirkland, and Redmond but they are also anywhere in the Seattle area.

How to get into their circle? Be a white guy. Or any guy with money.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:49 PM

159 posts, read 185,599 times
Quote:
Where most of the Asian girls are? In Bellevue, Kirkland, and Redmond but they are also anywhere in the Seattle area.

How to get into their circle? Be a white guy. Or any guy with money.

i mean socially, and venues, not their residence.
i read renton had a stronger asian precense too.

do these female lurk at rich people events?

Old 02-29-2016, 04:39 PM

12,839 posts, read 9,562,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
OK then have it your way . WHY are you eliminating so many EUROPEANS... is it just preference or a bad experience?

We have so many nationalities and races in my family I cannot go through all that mess above. My Chinese brother in law would flip out in shock if I called him anything but Jeff he 'd think I didn't like him anymore . Or my African American daughter inlaw anything but Jennifer or my hispanic grand son anything but babylegs , It's done here only for clarity so I understood what exactly you meant . Now I see.

Sorry I totally forgot about Austin and spent a good portion of my life there in a commune on Nueces St. of all things . But that was in the late 70's early 80's . Long time . I lived a VERY long time in Montrose in Houston as well .
Seattle is just a better fit .
I'm a handsome Asian male btw. But straight.

Yes, was taken aback by your exclusion of Austin, which is crazy liberal. I would love to live in Seattle.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:08 PM

415 posts, read 490,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by umropantelija View Post
Dating in Seattle is more a matter of class then race.
Upper and lower classes don't mix regardless of the race.
But it is not like NYC where all possible ethnic combinations coexist peacefully everywhere.
I dated and Asian woman in the past and I don't think (even for a split second) we ever saw each other trough the prism of race. It was just two people together.
I also dated an AA woman and even though we never looked at each other trough the race prism she from the start warned me that people will be rude and disruptive in public. AA males would yell profanities at us (insults mostly directed at her) every chance they got in the public. It was appalling and eyeopening but it didn't stop us from dating. She was an awesome woman and a human being.
Dating IS a matter of class. PERIOD.

Sure there are some "Cinderella" stories and fantasies, but even in that case, Cinderella behaves 'classier' than the spoiled entitled princesses. She already has a classy character to which the fairytale makeover merely makes her outward appearance conform.

Was in the public library a week or so ago. Shared a table with a young man "of color." Observed him surfing the dating web sites and apps and it was interesting that the young man showed a clear preference for "fair complexion" and "fair eyes." I didn't pry enough to determine what kind of success he had with those young ladies, but judging based on the sheer number of Black Male / White Female couples I observe in this town he should have plenty of opportunities if he can play the class angle right and focus on young women in not too distant of a class. It's marketing and sales after all. Sure some of the polished young ladies might be open to a working-class or even a not-working-class fellow who's rough around the edges. But I suspect the highly educated and credentialed young professional ladies are only open to black dudes who are similarly credentialed professional types operating at the same level. To me that fellow in the library didn't give off a particularly classy vibe. And I'm just a guy whose senses on this aren't nearly as acute as those of a young woman who's constantly getting countless pitches and proposals from various suitors. This guy's class markers of how he dressed, spoke and carried himself could easily be read to be lower SES and it would be a shame for him to ascribe the rejection of his approaches only to racism. He might be able to rise a level or two if he puts his mind to it, but I doubt the life of a social-climber can be satisfactory as one will only eventually encounter people with different values and interests that seem foreign and phony. Better to pursue a closer match for sustainable happiness and genuine warm relations.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:14 PM

171 posts, read 218,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treuphax View Post
Dating IS a matter of class. PERIOD.

Sure there are some "Cinderella" stories and fantasies, but even in that case, Cinderella behaves 'classier' than the spoiled entitled princesses. She already has a classy character to which the fairytale makeover merely makes her outward appearance conform.

Was in the public library a week or so ago. Shared a table with a young man "of color." Observed him surfing the dating web sites and apps and it was interesting that the young man showed a clear preference for "fair complexion" and "fair eyes." I didn't pry enough to determine what kind of success he had with those young ladies, but judging based on the sheer number of Black Male / White Female couples I observe in this town he should have plenty of opportunities if he can play the class angle right and focus on young women in not too distant of a class. It's marketing and sales after all. Sure some of the polished young ladies might be open to a working-class or even a not-working-class fellow who's rough around the edges. But I suspect the highly educated and credentialed young professional ladies are only open to black dudes who are similarly credentialed professional types operating at the same level. To me that fellow in the library didn't give off a particularly classy vibe. And I'm just a guy whose senses on this aren't nearly as acute as those of a young woman who's constantly getting countless pitches and proposals from various suitors. This guy's class markers of how he dressed, spoke and carried himself could easily be read to be lower SES and it would be a shame for him to ascribe the rejection of his approaches only to racism. He might be able to rise a level or two if he puts his mind to it, but I doubt the life of a social-climber can be satisfactory as one will only eventually encounter people with different values and interests that seem foreign and phony. Better to pursue a closer match for sustainable happiness and genuine warm relations.
Either (at least part of) your story is made up or you have to be the nosiest person that I've ever come across. Never have a stared at a stranger's computer screen long enough to be able to describe in any detail what they were actually doing... Seriously dude, get a life.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:17 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,439,999 times
Why is this even thread in Seattle: which has the most interracial couple of any American city.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:31 PM

171 posts, read 218,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Why is this even thread in Seattle: which has the most interracial couple of any American city.
Not sure if Seattle has the most, but it does seem to have a fair amount. The interracial couples in Seattle are mostly European male/Asian female, not African American/(fill in the blank) so this is a valid question.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:18 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,579 times
Quote:
What is it with you and European people ??
I am curious about that term he uses He doesn't like White but my dutch husband is white and I am all celtic and some Dutch/ Belgian some people think I look light Cuban or Brazilian.
Funny but my husband wouldn't touch an eastern european with a 10 ft pole . VERY bad experiences with business associate's in that region .
I guess this includes Scandinavia too .

Like another poster said , People from Spain and Italy / Greece can be quite dark and still European .

I personally had a Hawaiian GOD approach me at the bus stop near a Fred Meyer to tell he how beautiful I was and help me with my groceries ..OH MY GOODNESS !!!

If I were 30 years younger and single WOW !!!
The world is so interesting I really couldn't exclude anyone according to race or nationality . Deal breakers for me are in other categories ( users , bums , drunks etc )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area