U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 06:14 PM

1,077 posts, read 521,297 times

Advertisements

Just say NO to Western WA, its chocked full of people now and literally cannot keep your shoes clean 8 months of the year. 40 inches of rain since OCT.1,2015. From all indications it appears to be the near norm with weather change. Rain and more rain till you drown in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 03:16 AM

21 posts, read 11,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meramos View Post
My husband has a job offer with a company in Monroe, Wa. We live in Las Vegas and I grew up in the Southern California high desert. I'd like some feedback from others who have relocated from the desert (or hotter SoCal cities) on the climate in Seattle. Is the sacrifice of sun worth the trade off of green, water and fishing, etc. I'm so sick of brown, hot and being landlocked from beautiful scenery.

My family has almost all relocated to PNW a so I have strong reasons to consider the Seattle area, and a potential job offer is tipping the scales for us.
Yes, definitely. I'm a Phoenix native, moved here a few years ago and I don't miss the 117 F summers even one tiny bit. The rain does get a bit dreary (especially this year), but just take a vacation somewhere warm and sunny in January or February and that helps a lot.

Old 03-11-2016, 02:12 PM

99 posts, read 42,641 times
the weather is as bad as they say always wet gets depressing

Old 03-11-2016, 03:09 PM

156 posts, read 93,125 times
It's only depressing if you're staring at a cold, gray featureless sky. But try looking below the horizon. When I visit the Seattle area, often now that my daughter is in college there, I'm surprised and delighted by the many rich colors I see in the plants, trees, grass, mosses and flowers. So I think of the area as Hawaii, with British weather. I'd love to try that for awhile. I'm closing in on 40 years in Denver, and every year it seems browner, dustier and more drab. For over half the year, it's like living in an ash tray! And I can't even take solace in the blazing sunshine now that I'm more familiar with cataracts and the many varieties of skin cancer tumors.

I'd trade the Sunbelt for the PNW in a fraction of a minute, with no regrets. It's a nice place. You actually have the essentials for life and survival there, not piped in and hauled in from thousands of miles away.

Old 03-11-2016, 03:57 PM

1,465 posts, read 942,691 times
I came from Corpus Christi, Texas but have lived all over the world . I do not miss cremation level temps of south Texas at all.. however I AM cold . VERY COLD and go to LA and party every so often to dry out and warm up .. not incinerate like back home just warm up.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:22 PM

678 posts, read 536,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatridger View Post
It's only depressing if you're staring at a cold, gray featureless sky. But try looking below the horizon. When I visit the Seattle area, often now that my daughter is in college there, I'm surprised and delighted by the many rich colors I see in the plants, trees, grass, mosses and flowers. So I think of the area as Hawaii, with British weather. I'd love to try that for awhile. I'm closing in on 40 years in Denver, and every year it seems browner, dustier and more drab. For over half the year, it's like living in an ash tray! And I can't even take solace in the blazing sunshine now that I'm more familiar with cataracts and the many varieties of skin cancer tumors.

I'd trade the Sunbelt for the PNW in a fraction of a minute, with no regrets. It's a nice place. You actually have the essentials for life and survival there, not piped in and hauled in from thousands of miles away.

It's only depressing if you're an overly-emotional, whiny, psycho robot who blames weather and everything for your sadness and claims to have fake mental disorders from the weather to get attention like seasonal arsehole disorder or bipolarism or whatever and claim you need to take anti-depressants to "get through the day". Is there differences in people's behaviors depending on the weather? Sure. Is the difference so huge to where OMG I can't live my life here because it rains! No unless you're an emotional zombie-fied entitled lame brain who expects people to just walk up to you and smile and invite you over for ice cream cake. Crap, I don't expect people to smile at me all the time, so I just approach them and smile at them. Why does everyone need to approach you? Why don't you approach them? Again, entitled.

Life isn't gonna be a El Macho Peachu tropical beach with martini's in your hand all year round, accept it. Stop being a whiny emotional silly brain and grow a pair and just live your life happily. YOU are in control of your happiness, not some horse crap weather pattern. Jesus.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:33 PM

4,713 posts, read 1,587,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
It's only depressing if you're an overly-emotional, whiny, psycho robot who blames weather and everything for your sadness and claims to have fake mental disorders from the weather to get attention like seasonal arsehole disorder or bipolarism or whatever and claim you need to take anti-depressants to "get through the day". Is there differences in people's behaviors depending on the weather? Sure. Is the difference so huge to where OMG I can't live my life here because it rains! No unless you're an emotional zombie-fied entitled lame brain who expects people to just walk up to you and smile and invite you over for ice cream cake. Crap, I don't expect people to smile at me all the time, so I just approach them and smile at them. Why does everyone need to approach you? Why don't you approach them? Again, entitled.

Life isn't gonna be a El Macho Peachu tropical beach with martini's in your hand all year round, accept it. Stop being a whiny emotional silly brain and grow a pair and just live your life happily. YOU are in control of your happiness, not some horse crap weather pattern. Jesus.
^^^Someone needs SOME kind of pill...

Old 03-12-2016, 01:03 AM

676 posts, read 529,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post

Well, bless your heart. Seems as though you have it all figured out. Thank you for enlightening us.

Old 03-12-2016, 02:16 AM

678 posts, read 536,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinginSeattle View Post
Well, bless your heart. Seems as though you have it all figured out. Thank you for enlightening us.
anytime

Old 03-12-2016, 08:45 AM

18 posts, read 15,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marciamarshamarcia View Post
^^^someone needs some kind of pill...
lol!!! 😂😂😂
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area