Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 03:29 PM

2 posts, read 1,965 times

Advertisements

Hey all, lived in Orange County for a good portion of my life but looking for something new. I saw an apartment I liked in an area called Adelaide near Dashpoint. How is that area? is it sketchy and whats the crime like? id be going with 2 roommates and we just want to know what we'd be going to. Thanks for any responses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 04:24 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,365,584 times
The Dash Point area is okay for crime, has affordable rentals. The state park is beautiful. Long way from Seattle, however, for jobs, entertainment, etc.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:15 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranus View Post
Hey all, lived in Orange County for a good portion of my life but looking for something new. I saw an apartment I liked in an area called Adelaide near Dashpoint. How is that area? is it sketchy and whats the crime like? id be going with 2 roommates and we just want to know what we'd be going to. Thanks for any responses!
Not trying to be mean but your title says "Moving to Seattle from the OC" why did you say "the OC?" It's just Orange County.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:55 PM

678 posts, read 875,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Not trying to be mean but your title says "Moving to Seattle from the OC" why did you say "the OC?" It's just Orange County.
That's what people from THE OC call it. I used to call it that when I lived there, so did many others. Gotta prollen?

Old 03-28-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
That's what people from THE OC call it. I used to call it that when I lived there, so did many others. Gotta prollen?
No, but you obviously weren't a native because nobody that actually lives in Orange County calls it "The OC" unless they are from somewhere else and THINK they are sounding like a native. I blame that stupid television program called "The OC."

Old 03-29-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
No, but you obviously weren't a native because nobody that actually lives in Orange County calls it "The OC" unless they are from somewhere else and THINK they are sounding like a native. I blame that stupid television program called "The OC."
Born and raised in Anaheim CA thank you very much

Old 03-29-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
Born and raised in Anaheim CA thank you very much
Oh, please! People that live in Orange County do not say "I live in the Orange County" why would they make themselves sounds so stupid? Do you say I live in the The King County? Go to the Orange County board with that nonsense and see how far you get.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:52 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,365,584 times
What is the origination of the County's name? Lots of orange groves, perhaps? That would make an expression like The "Orange" County more explainable. My guess is that "The O.C." pre-dated the TV-series, perhaps as hip-hop slang (see the expression "The 206" for the Seattle area, for instance). The TV-series likely just mainstreamed it.

Deconstructing: The O.C. And Indie Rock Gentrification - Stereogum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmP-aLiCKL8

Old 03-29-2016, 04:52 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,461,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranus View Post
I actually went to Adelaide elementary school. Its very safe, used to be a tad sketch by the apartments but now it's a great area. Close to several parks, great proximity to the water. You'll wanna go to Fred Meyers to get your shopping done. Its about a 5 minute drive fro Adelaide.

Old 03-30-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Oh, please! People that live in Orange County do not say "I live in the Orange County" why would they make themselves sounds so stupid? Do you say I live in the The King County? Go to the Orange County board with that nonsense and see how far you get.
Beats me! But I don't live there anymore so I've lost all opinion for the area. Best thing I did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area