U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 02-18-2008, 01:16 PM

6 posts, read 16,763 times
Default Another Seattle or Bellevue Inquiry

Hi, I am 22 years old and have been offered two jobs in Washington. One in Seattle and one in Bellevue. I am from New Jersey- currently working in NY and have never been to the west coast- so this is definitely going to be an adventure. For fun, I like to go walking, enjoy sporting events and shopping. I like going out and trying new restaurants. Based on my age and my interests- which city is better for a single 22 year old girl! HELP : )

Last edited by scirocco22; 02-18-2008 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: started new thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-18-2008, 01:33 PM

3,874 posts, read 10,577,203 times
Welcome to the wonderful idea of living in the Pacific Northwest! It's the most beautiful place on earth! :-)

For you, based on what you wrote -- Seattle, hands down.
Bellevue is for families, and children and big dogs, and people like me who want to live in quiet, treed bliss.
Living in Seattle, you'll probably be able to find all the fun and city feeling you want. As far as restaurants go, Seattle has almost as many per capita as NYC. Seattle is a rather large city, covers a lot of geographic territory -- and it contains many neighborhoods with different characteristics. Most of the nabes will give you great walks, great restaurants and fun shopping, but lots more of all those things are only short bus rides or drives away from those nabes. We also have lots of spectator sports and arenas.

Here are a few resources to get you started:

For rentals in and around Seattle, this site called NWSource combines the Classifieds of the two leading newspapers in and around Seattle:
http://rentals.nwsource.com/rentals/
When you open that site, you'll see a map showing different neighborhoods you can check. You'll be able to get an idea of prices and amount of space available.
You might also want to check on Craigslist.

On a City-Data WA thread, Seattle Area section, called "San Diego to Seattle!", you can find real photos of different residential neighborhoods of Seattle, thanks to one of our contributors Pwright1. Very informative.
San Diego to Seattle!

Have fun!

Unread 02-18-2008, 01:35 PM

3,226 posts, read 9,229,632 times
If you pick the Seattle job, live in Seattle. If you pick the Bellevue job, live there.

Work commute will be your issue, and whichever offers the better salary. Whatever you find interesting to do in Seattle, you will also be able to do, should you live in Bellevue. We are talking about a 5 minute commute over a lake, from one area to the next... however, that 5 min commute is a bear (and becomes much, much more) if you are doing it on a daily basis during rush hour.

Don't pick the job based on locality - pick the best job, company for your career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area