Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 05:06 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3hourtour View Post
You raise a really good point. OK- I'm hoping for a place I can walk a few blocks- stroll, if you will- with my dog- just for a pleasant afternoon or Saturday out. I'm not hiking all over and do have a car. A walk to a coffee shop for me- far more likely than a walk to a market. Lugging home 8 bags of groceries? Not happening. But there are times - even at night- when I get the leash, grab the dog and head out- to walk, to think; I'd like it to be a safe experience. I don't want to have it turn into a marathon race for my door to the strains of the theme song from Jaws.

Thinking further- medium town or suburban area is better for me than heavily urban areas; I love greenery. A bit less traffic is a good thing too.
Access to nice little eateries, galleries, libraries, parks and paths to bike or walk; interesting spots to find coffee and read.. why yes I am retired An art community is a huge plus for me; I'm involved and learning here. Schools where I can sub (former teacher) farmland and horses not too far away... and WATER. I'm currently by a Great Lake; longing for the Ocean, I grew up in L.A. and miss that- (not the constant sun; just the water).
Sounds like Burien. Access to Puget Sound and trails. Small, kinda cute, artsy downtown area. Two or three places to get that cappuccino and hang out.Artists and galleries. A new Burien library. A Trader Joes(a mile away).
A school district desperate for subs. Great ethnic hole in the wall eateries. Farmland? 30-45 minutes away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 08:12 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,041,182 times
Areas like West Seattle and Burien not only have really nice commercial areas with apartments mixed in, but you can also walk to bus stops and park and rides. Seattle is very neighborhood driven. Some of them have the mixed commercial/residential. Many don't. I agree with Diana but that's a way, maybe...

Yes, Seattle and outlying areas are very liberal but don't make the mistake of writing off politically conservative people. They do not have two heads or pitchforks and pointy tails.No two people agree on everything. Let diversity be your watchword.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area