Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 01:30 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,448 times

Advertisements

After living in seattle for over a year im suprised on how much seattle has to offer. From kayacking,hiking,lakes,museums,live theater,comedy clubs,shopping,movie theaters,restuarants,meetup groups. After living here in seattle a year im learning about things i never knew the city offered.

There are also interesting neighborhoods like ballard,Freemont and Wallingford.

After moving to seattle from LA in july 2015 im really suprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 02:08 AM

977 posts, read 1,011,368 times
Is it really better than LA? If so, how?

Old 08-03-2016, 02:13 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
Is it really better than LA? If so, how?
Seattle isnt as spread out as LA. In LA you could be an hour away with traffic to get anywhere. Here in northgate seattle i dont own a car and take king couty metro everywhere. In LA without a car you are screwed.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:19 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,145,168 times
The last time when I was in Seattle, I ate my breakfast at McDonald in downtown. Afterwards I needed to use the bathroom.

The bathroom door could not be pushed open. So I went back to the counter to ask for key. The staff then told me to hold my receipt, show it to the manager, and then the manager used his remote control to "Blip" open the bathroom door.

It seems the homeless in Seattle have a hard time to go to bathroom if they cannot afford to buy a sausage biscuit.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:09 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,738,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post
The last time when I was in Seattle, I ate my breakfast at McDonald in downtown. Afterwards I needed to use the bathroom.

The bathroom door could not be pushed open. So I went back to the counter to ask for key. The staff then told me to hold my receipt, show it to the manager, and then the manager used his remote control to "Blip" open the bathroom door.

It seems the homeless in Seattle have a hard time to go to bathroom if they cannot afford to buy a sausage biscuit.
They do the same thing with the locks down here in Olympia.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:14 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
After living in seattle for over a year im suprised on how much seattle has to offer. From kayacking,hiking,lakes,museums,live theater,comedy clubs,shopping,movie theaters,restuarants,meetup groups. After living here in seattle a year im learning about things i never knew the city offered.

Has it occurred to you that most cities offer those things? With the possible exception of kayaking/lakes. Did you think you were moving to a wilderness?

Old 08-03-2016, 10:39 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,700,279 times
You are still in the honeymoon phase.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:59 PM

368 posts, read 695,581 times
Yep, that's what sucks about living somewhere for decades, you see things get worse or better. In many cases here it's getting worse. Especially the quality of life in the Seattle neighborhoods, in contrast to the cost.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:12 PM

269 posts, read 297,621 times
Quote:

LOL - so that means your only 'winter' here was the last one...

Your perspective may evolve in 5, 17, 29, or 41 months.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:24 PM

1,155 posts, read 962,519 times
Quote:
After living in seattle for over a year im surprised on how much seattle has to offer. From kayacking,hiking,lakes,museums,live theater,comedy clubs,shopping,movie theaters,restuarants,meetup groups. After living here in seattle a year im learning about things i never knew the city offered.

FYI, the neighborhood is Fremont.

annonymous s/b anonymous
Freemont s/b Fremont
kayacking s/b kayaking

I think "restuarant" must have been a simple typo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: