Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2016, 02:18 PM

11 posts, read 7,156 times

Advertisements

My situation is perhaps not unusual. I need to rent out our current home before we buy a new one.

I need to talk to a mortgage broker to walk through the possibilities of how we can swing that and weigh our options.
We will probably have to buy at the top end of our range, with little room for manouvering...

The market I am looking at has very little inventory and knowing what we can qualify for is important.

What info do I need to gather for that conversation ?
Please recommend brokers that can guide me through this.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 12:21 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,297,556 times
Dave Zulinke at Land Home Mortgage is very good and down to earth. His number is 425-319-6101. Tell him Vince sent you.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:30 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,847,329 times
Bear in mind that if your home is not currently rented out your chances of using the rental income is slim to none.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:41 AM

I will probably move out of the house to a rental myself, while we fix the house to rent it out.

Are there any worksheets that I can use to run some scenarios ?

Old 08-14-2016, 08:41 AM

Daddys, you are correct. Generally, your home has to be officially leased for one year to not count against your debt to income ratio. Kaliper, just call a lender. It won't hurt to get the information. Adam Zylstra of Penrith Home Loans is another good one, 425-879-0766. You can also get solidly preapproved contingent on the sale of your home.

Here is a good strategy I've used for a number of clients in your predicament. Remember that right now it is good to be a seller. So, my clients fix up their home while they are living in it, clean it, stage it, we get it on the market usually on a Wednesday. We set a fair price, market it with gusto, have open houses, wait until the following Tuesday to review offers.

On Tuesday, we often have 4-5 offers, usually escalating over list price. We accept the best one, but more importantly the buyer who is willing to rent back to my sellers for 30-45 days after closing, giving my clients and me enough time to get them another home and often close them simultaneously. I do this all the time. It takes solid preparation but is quite achievable.

Old 08-14-2016, 11:09 AM

thanks for the contacts.

We do not want to sell this house. If it comes to that we may not buy another house, but just rent in the area that we want to live for the next few years....

Old 08-14-2016, 06:32 PM

Sounds like a plan. Some people are able to get approved anyway with their level of income, essentially qualifying for the debt to income for two homes. With the rates so low, this is actually pretty feasible, if you make a good income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area