Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 09:56 AM

400 posts, read 449,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
This. Something is going to give in China and ripple throughout the Seattle housing market. It might take one, five or ten years but it will break.

We've been saying that here in the Bay area for quite some time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 10:19 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,047,654 times
I've been watching the West Seattle market pretty closely, especially below $600k and am seeing a fair amount of price reductions and homes that would have gone the first week two months ago that just aren't selling quickly. Granted, not the price point the Chinese typically want but still interesting.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:52 AM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
Just wondering, the Apt/condo buildings going up in QA & Belltown, how many are purchased by out-of-towners, by pied-a-terres, by resident aliens, or by Chinese for their anchor babies?

May be there is subrental for us?

Old 09-29-2016, 11:42 AM

24 posts, read 27,548 times
Mostly apartments not condos, so they can't be purchased. As with the entire market, the demand is from Amazon employees far more than the Chinese.

Old 09-29-2016, 04:54 PM

628 posts, read 819,116 times
Well the San Francisco Bay Area and Southern California has already been saturated with Asian bought up real estate, it's not surprising the next logical choice was the Pacific Northwest. I actually don't think this is a good thing and no one is going to stop it. Basically home ownership will be less attainable, and people will be forced to pay ever rising rent. Wealth creation will be much harder, even for people working in white collar high tech jobs. Homelessness will increase too.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:33 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,720 posts, read 58,054,000 times
There are still plenty of Chinese buyers remaining after they bought up Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, New Zealand, and Australia....

Recently attended a Perth, Australia traveling High School concert in Venice. Of 90 student performers, there were 3 Caucasians. Perth is NOT immigration central! you should see Sydney! (or Queenstown or Auckland... Arrowtown, NZ!!!)

Global market indeed with serious funding capability (cash works well).

Old 09-29-2016, 05:37 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
https://www.besmartee.com/blog/chine...-in-california Not only here but there also.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:09 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,669,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah View Post
I've been watching the West Seattle market pretty closely, especially below $600k and am seeing a fair amount of price reductions and homes that would have gone the first week two months ago that just aren't selling quickly. Granted, not the price point the Chinese typically want but still interesting.
Inventory moves slower as we get closer to the end of the year. We have a few in my neighborhood that have been on the market for nearly a month, but they're 2 bedroom/priced high. All the well-priced SFH or 3 bedroom anything is still moving quickly... but I don't know what they're selling for... maybe they're still going for 25k over or maybe they're going for listing price or lower.. I really don't follow the sale prices as much as the flow of inventory.

My mom says I missed my "calling" as a real estate agent. LOL.. no, thank you..

Old 10-02-2016, 08:13 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
So beautiful and gorgeous.......I am so proud of my hometown, go Seattle!!!

There is a LOT of Asian investors all over the world, not just Chinese, who have a great deal of money to put into real-estate. With some luck, a large percentage of these asian investment-dollars will go into Seattle's gloriously-hot real-estate market.

It's great for the RE-markets and it is even greater to have this surge in ownership-diversity....even if the new owners are out-of-state/out-of-country investors. More people-of-color having a stake in Seattle, makes me feel like Seattle is fulfilling it's destiny as a thriving area, with lots of diversity!!!!!

Old 10-02-2016, 08:41 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,669,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
So beautiful and gorgeous.......I am so proud of my hometown, go Seattle!!!

There is a LOT of Asian investors all over the world, not just Chinese, who have a great deal of money to put into real-estate. With some luck, a large percentage of these asian investment-dollars will go into Seattle's gloriously-hot real-estate market.

It's great for the RE-markets and it is even greater to have this surge in ownership-diversity....even if the new owners are out-of-state/out-of-country investors. More people-of-color having a stake in Seattle, makes me feel like Seattle is fulfilling it's destiny as a thriving area, with lots of diversity!!!!!
You repeat the same stupid line over and over again and haven't addressed any of the concerns.

Very annoying!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area