Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 11:26 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,047 times

Advertisements

Dont think im cheap but i buy my clothing at old navy,jcpenny and macys. Most of my shopping is done at the Northgate mall.

When i lived in LA i used to buy expensive clothing at nemian marcus,nordstrom, jcrew and Bloomingdales.

I feel that in the Seattle area i can get away with wearing jcpenny,macys and old navy clothing because its not as superficial here as LA.

My old friends in LA call me ghetto because i shop at old navy and jcpenny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
It's too upscale. You need a mixture of some normal stores as well so that people can shop around, etc. I have been there only to buy high end gifts (Hermes, etc.) or to have a meal at John Howie. And when I do go there for shopping, I'm there for less than an hour because there just aren't any stores to go browse around. LV is just not made for browsing. I don't really shop at Neiman Marcus because when I was younger I shopped there once and at the time they didn't take regular credit cards (only cash and their own credit card). So my young self splurged and bought myself some lotion and sunscreen from La Prairie for $300 only to have to go find an ATM machine and come back with cash. It was annoying. They have since changed their ways.

Add a Gap, BR, Starbucks (maybe they already have one), Beechers, and Lids and you'll probably get a lot more business over there.
In LA i opened up a neiman marus credit card when the neiman marcus at westfield topanga opened up. Unfortunately since i know have my own apartment and bills to pay i can no longer afford to shop at neiman marucs anymore. I know shop for clothing at macys,old navy and jcpenny

Old 12-03-2016, 08:11 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,228,243 times
I love shopping, and malls, and outdoor malls, and I went to check out Bravern when we first moved to the area, and found it very boring and pretty much dead. All it was was a few boutiques and a couple of upscale restaurants, and we were the only ones there. No people milling about, no place to grab a coffee or pastry or a quick bite and sit around, no place for kids to play, no welcoming stores to browse - the luxury boutiques all had their doors closed, with intimidating looking 'greeters' right by the entrance, that made it completely unappealing to walk in and browse. Maybe if I was dripping in money and just looking to drop a few grand for a purse I'd feel differently, but as it is it did not appeal to me at all and I've never been back.
In contrast, I was expecting it to be similar to Stanford Center in Palo Alto, where I loved to go and hang out.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:54 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,147,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Dont think im cheap but i buy my clothing at old navy,jcpenny and macys. Most of my shopping is done at the Northgate mall.

When i lived in LA i used to buy expensive clothing at nemian marcus,nordstrom, jcrew and Bloomingdales.

I feel that in the Seattle area i can get away with wearing jcpenny,macys and old navy clothing because its not as superficial here as LA.

My old friends in LA call me ghetto because i shop at old navy and jcpenny
Don't feel bad, most of my clothes comes from Costco. I really don't care about fashion or name brands, as long as the clothes looks decent, is comfortable, and lasts. What I don't get there I buy online. There are better things to spend my money on than clothes. Our only venture to that area is the Nespresso coffee boutique in Macy's, and the 360 store on the way out.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:33 PM

427 posts, read 431,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
My feelings about Bellevue/Lincoln Square have changed so much in the past five years. When we arrived from central Michigan I found it insufferable. Like UVillage I found it far too affluent for my taste. It probably took me a good two years to settle into being in and amongst a different demographic but now I enjoy it a lot. It's still very accessible despite growth. It's beautiful and cheerful during the holidays. Store diversity appeals to a wider range of demographics. We enjoy walking from Nordstroms over the bridge to grab a cupcake at Frost. We've seen movies at the cinema and my kids have attended parties at Lucky Strike while I'm downstairs wasting time at the Container Store or Paper Source. I only discovered
the chairs and tables around that awesome fireplace called The Lodge this summer. Five freaking years and I just discovered it...
It's Nordstrom not Nordstroms. Just saying. (I use to work at the Nordstrom Corporate Office, and we did not like people adding the "s" to the last name that has no "s".)

Yes, the Bravern is just in a bad spot. It's out of the way. Should have been close to Bellevue Square/Lincoln Square/The Lodge.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Don't feel bad, most of my clothes comes from Costco. I really don't care about fashion or name brands, as long as the clothes looks decent, is comfortable, and lasts. What I don't get there I buy online. There are better things to spend my money on than clothes. Our only venture to that area is the Nespresso coffee boutique in Macy's, and the 360 store on the way out.
I agree with you totally about clothing.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:21 PM

236 posts, read 289,410 times
The Bravern seems really pretentious. The shopkeepers and people walking around are dressed in very formal office wear, full makeup and heels. I feel out of place walking around in my jeans and fleece. From the snooty David Barton gym to Neiman Marcus to jimmy choos, this place is just not my style. I used to go there to go to anthropologie but it moved to Bellevue square so now I would never go to The Bravern. I don't know how this place stays in business except for the office space that's rented out on the top and John Howie steak house which seems popular.

I'd rather be at Crossroads Mall.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:31 PM

332 posts, read 398,163 times
I haven't been back since Neiman stopped sending me coupons to shop there when it first opened up. They gave me at least a few hundred bucks in free clothes if not more. Veryyy Niiice.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:23 AM

5 posts, read 4,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
I recently got an email today that Sur La Table in Bellevue at the Bravern will be going out of business December 31,2016. The Wild Ginger restaurant is moving out of the Bravern to a new building across from Lincoln Square. There is also a rumor that Louis Vuitton and Niemen Marcus are pulling out of the Bravern. Some stores like Anthropologie moved from the Bravern to Bellevue Square.

Does anyone know the future of the Bravern? Why are business closing at the Bravern?
Bottega Veneta took over Sur La Table's space and will be opening in May 2017. It has been mentioned that Gene Juarez is moving to the Bravern. They will be taking up a huge chunk of the third floor (something like 17,000 square feet).

On GGP's website for the Shops at the Bravern property, they have a "representational" photograph showing a planned expansion in the future for Louis Vuitton. I say "representational" because Bottega Veneta and Tory Burch occupy the bottom floor with Prada. A few years ago I saw a similar image from a different website. That one also said "proposed expansion" for Hermes who eventually moved to a bigger space, just not in the location shown. Hopefully, this will be true for Louis Vuitton as well.

Last edited by Pantherman11; 03-15-2017 at 02:27 AM.. Reason: Omitted word.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:35 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,297,556 times
I shop at both Nordstrom and Goodwill, that about sums up Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: