Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 09:12 AM

1,632 posts, read 6,842,905 times

Advertisements

Bellevue is a great place for these kinds of upscale stores, but I agree about the poorly conceived location for the Bravern. Neither convenient nor logical...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
IMO, it's not convenient. It should have been attached to Bellevue Square or adjacent with a skybridge the way Lincoln Square is. Bravern is off by the freeway, parking is strangely located under it, no theaters, hotels or condos to drive traffic and it's proximity to the freeway makes it less pedestrian friendly. Those same stores in or adjacent to Bellevue Square would do perfectly fine. Neiman Marcus, Louis Vuitton and the like are well suited to the area, we have the economy for them. But look at what Bellevue Square just added, that 365 by Whole Foods. Lots of ready made food as well as grocery items on top of all the restaurants around the mall area. Cinemark has something like twelve movie screens, you have Maggianos and Paddy Coyne's Irish Pub across the street, there's an upscale bowling alley, arcade games and billiards in Lincoln Square where companies host events for their employees, there's just no comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 10:14 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,506,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Dont think im cheap but i buy my clothing at old navy,jcpenny and macys. Most of my shopping is done at the Northgate mall.
Most of my clothes are from the same places, minus Macy's.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:16 AM

474 posts, read 1,455,324 times
Default It's not a lack of money

This area is overrun with stupid money.

But the Bravern - the pretentious, Game of Thrones-level faux-fancy name alone is laughable - is the epitome of a soulless, cheerless, inaccessible mall built for what high-end retailers think that the well-heeled want.

Sure the stores with $800 shoes are there, but who wants to spend time in what an earlier poster described accurately as a 'fortress'? I've been there for work things at John Howie a few times, and it is a ghost town, augmented by the roar of 405 right next door.

The margins of those ridiculous stores are such that it will hang on as long as the Seattle metro economy remains at steel-melting temps, but I don't think it will look much like it does today in 2027.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:18 AM

977 posts, read 1,011,023 times
I've really only see mostly Asians shopping there. And it's like never busy too... Really should have been by Lincoln square...

Old 03-20-2017, 05:07 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,047 times
The wild ginger is moving from the bravern to the new portion of lincoln square.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:54 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I've driven by the Bravern, without much of a clue as to how to park there/get there. That might be part of it.
That's the same issue I had when I went past it a couple of years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: