Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 09:25 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,059,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
we were so mad at the French we called french fries...freedom fries..
Not "we". Select republican, conservative idiots, maybe - but not the general public "we". I can say for certain I never called french fries "freedom fries".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 12:22 PM

142 posts, read 558,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
Too bad. It's shocking.

I hear that Boeing will be protesting.
They have a few days to file a protest and it still could turn around. Now is the time to write your congress people and start yelling.

I'm wondering if Bush/Cheney have some Airbus stock???

Old 03-01-2008, 02:21 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,828,610 times
What are you going to yell to Congress? Just curious.

It's not like Seattle's economy is hurting. Or is it?

Old 03-01-2008, 03:12 PM

209 posts, read 820,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swsha4 View Post
They have a few days to file a protest and it still could turn around. Now is the time to write your congress people and start yelling.

I'm wondering if Bush/Cheney have some Airbus stock???
I agree on the protest on the Airbus decision.

Regarding your Bush/Cheney comment, are you looking for a reporting job at the New York Times? They love to print slanderous, biased articles based on "rumors" from "anonymous sources".

Old 03-01-2008, 03:15 PM

209 posts, read 820,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
Not "we". Select republican, conservative idiots, maybe - but not the general public "we". I can say for certain I never called french fries "freedom fries".
Jenbar,

I wonder if there are more republican conservative idiots or democrat liberal idiots?

Old 03-02-2008, 05:39 AM

601 posts, read 1,903,823 times
yes, the treatment of the returning soldiers was appalling. I remember my Dad went to Vietnam twice. The second time he almost didn't come home...he
was hurt so bad he only weighed 100 lbs when he came home. I was in 4th grade and standing on the
tarmac waiting for him to deplane. I almost didn't recognize him.

I still don't understand the Airbus award...I live 100 miles from Mobile(in NW FL) they have no facility built yet, and we do have some Aerospace in the
area but nowhere near
the workforce as qualified as what Boeing already has in place. It seems
as though something stinks here. They only mention Northrup-G here. Not
a word about the Airbus connection.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:43 AM

601 posts, read 1,903,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post

FYI-----I'm a staunch DEMOCRAT

Old 03-02-2008, 10:09 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,059,550 times
Democrat or not, it was a stupid suggestion for the government to make re: freedom vs. french fries.

Quote:
Jenbar,

I wonder if there are more republican conservative idiots or democrat liberal idiots?
I would say there are probably equal parts of both.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:20 PM

Supporters of The Boeing Co. blame Sen. John McCain, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, for the company's failure to win the lucrative $35 billion contract to build new Air Force aerial refueling tankers.

Boeing backers blame McCain for losing deal

How come no one ever mentions Darleen Druyun?

Old 03-18-2008, 12:14 PM

Boeing is officallly contesting the decision.

"This competition was seriously flawed and resulted in the selection of the wrong airplane for the warfighter," said Mark McGraw, manager of Boeing's tanker programs.

Boeing will need to prove that Department of Defense procedures were not followed or that U.S. law was broken somewhere, denying them the contract.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area