Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 10:49 AM

53 posts, read 219,210 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I currently live in Wisconsin, and want to relocate to your area. Can you give me guidance or advice on where or with whom I could ck with for employment? I have been checking the Daily World on a daily basis, but am becoming frustrated as my skills are in insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2006, 05:19 PM

148 posts, read 1,228,655 times
Call directory assistance for Grays Harbor Worksource in Aberdeen, WA. They post some of their jobs on another website. Check your PMs. Good luck.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:01 PM

291 posts, read 710,355 times
[quote=Ryan]The PA market is stale...QUOTE]

There are hundreds of people looking to buy affordable homes in PA who wish that was true!
It was true 3-4 years ago, but since then demand has exceeded supply, prices have risen ~20%/year. New home construction in the last 3 years has exceeded the previous 10 years put together.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,601 times
Hello...new here (just joined today!) but stumbled onto the city.data site and this particular thread via a search of Kalama, WA, where a Hawaiian guy supposedly founded it 176 years ago.

Truth is, we will retire (from Hawaii as well) in about 20 months (March '08) and have been looking at WA since 1995(!), but regret we didn't buy something then as it appears prices have shot up tremendously. Fortunately it was the same here in Hawaii, so we should be all right, home swap-wise, if we make the move.

Read with great interest about the friendly people in Aberdeen (thanks Ryan), but how are people in Aberdeen towards - *gulp* - Hawaiians?

Old 07-12-2006, 03:05 PM

It's an ethnically diverse area and, honestly, everybody gets along with each other regardless of ethicity. When a city is populated by a lot of different people who have migrated there from a lot of different places, it's kind of hard to discriminate. It might pull people together even more.

Suffice to say, you wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:47 PM

10 posts, read 48,446 times
Default Question For Ryan

Ryan..what do u know about SHELTON WA???

You mentioned it in one of your replies...

rosystarr

a.k.a.

Starr

Old 07-14-2006, 10:42 PM

Nice secluded small city. About 20 minutes drive from the Olympia area. Not much to do in town. Very little shopping. Homes are inexpensive compared to most of the rest of the sound, but it's because the homes for the most part aren't nearly as nice as other areas. High low income population fuels the high amounts of crime, both of which are that much more noticible because the city has so few people. Kind of a weird situation. Definitely an up and coming area, though. I'd expect it to have a suburb type of atmosphere within 10 years or so as Olympia grows out it's digs. Right now, it's probably one of the best deals near a metro, but there are other cities I like better.

Old 07-22-2006, 05:33 AM
Jes

31 posts, read 164,334 times
Hello everone ,I am new to this board and live in Daphne Alabama.We need to ove closer to our children who are in SanFrancisco ,Seattle and Vegas.
Vegas is OUT far too hot and crowded.
We plan to lok at Reno area in November ,but as I am from England originally
love the Seattle .
Anyone visited Hawkes Bay Retirement Community in Lacey? My son suggested we visit there as a starting point.

Old 07-22-2006, 06:19 AM
Jes

31 posts, read 164,334 times
Sorry community is called Jubilee at Hawke,s Prarie in Lacey.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:34 PM

49 posts, read 247,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
In all honesty, PA is not a pretty town. Very old school industrial. There also isn't much to do in town. What's cool though is that the ferry to Victoria (Canada) departs from PA. A lot of people are looking to get out of Seattle/Tacoma/Lakewood (CA as well) and that's fueling the market. The PA market is stale, most likely because it's inconvenient being located so far away from everything. Hope this helps. Any more questions, let me know.
port angeles is not an ugly city, it is a very beautiful place. i love it there and there is so much to do with the olympic national park as your back yard. you can always go over to victoria for a day if you want to. and last year the PA-Sequim housing market was very hot, but now it has cooled off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area