Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 11:20 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,228,591 times

Advertisements

Referring to the range of temps through the day I believe. Which is nice here. Even on 100 degree days it can still drop down to the 50s overnight. Unlike many other places where you continue to be miserable and bake through the night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 07:14 AM

53 posts, read 83,503 times
I will swap Seattle for SW Florida any day of the week!!!!

Old 04-22-2017, 07:49 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
AC is still an option in Seattle. Latest stats show that abut 82% of homes in Seattle lack it, but the number goes way down in the suburbs, perhaps due to new construction and more efficient systems. When I grew up in the northend in the 70's we simply closed the drapes and blinds on the westside of the home, opened the windows, and were comfortable most of the night. The real problem in Seattle is restaurants and bars that don't have it. Of course, this is only a problem from late June to early September!

Old 04-22-2017, 07:56 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,827,208 times
It's hilarious how people are complaining about Seattle's weather this winter.. Look what I had to deal with for three dreadful months .. This was my front yard this January in Boise, Idaho.. It was -15F and I had an illness, ear infection and was stuck shoveling the snow for over an hour. Eventually, had to start shoveling roofs as the snow accumulation risked damaging the house.

Old 04-23-2017, 09:52 AM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
Wow Rotse, when you coming back?

Old 04-24-2017, 01:49 PM

329 posts, read 1,028,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
It's hilarious how people are complaining about Seattle's weather this winter.. Look what I had to deal with for three dreadful months .. This was my front yard this January in Boise, Idaho.. It was -15F and I had an illness, ear infection and was stuck shoveling the snow for over an hour. Eventually, had to start shoveling roofs as the snow accumulation risked damaging the house.
But I'm sure that Boise probably hasn't gone 5 months with only about 5-6 completely clear days....the gloom has been relentless. And people who say "it doesn't rain in Seattle, it's just a fine drizzle" are full of BS. It POUNDS rain here, to the point you can't really do much outside unless you're in complete waterproof clothing.

Old 04-24-2017, 04:21 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,120,375 times
Yes, this winter and spring the rain is heavy almost every day. No more drizzle.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Wow Rotse, when you coming back?
Coming back? HomesinSeattle, I have moved back to Seattle and been here since February.. And, you didn't even think to get a homewarming gift for me

Old 04-24-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroycreate View Post
But I'm sure that Boise probably hasn't gone 5 months with only about 5-6 completely clear days....the gloom has been relentless. And people who say "it doesn't rain in Seattle, it's just a fine drizzle" are full of BS. It POUNDS rain here, to the point you can't really do much outside unless you're in complete waterproof clothing.
Where in the winter months of this country, outside of Southern California, Southern Arizona and Florida is the winter time so hospitable? Yes, it rains heavier in the winter.. Spring is not so bad. It rains heavy a day, drizzles another then sunny another. Have you been enjoying the nice April weather we been having? The sun is shining and the flowers are blooming.

It does not rain heavy all the time here, it mostly drizzles. But yes, there is periods of heavy rain, but it usually just lasts an hour. There are those El Nino years where you have constant heavy rain. But, guess what, during those years, it tends to also rain heavy in California too. In fact, my brother down in the Bay area told me he cannot believe how much heavy rain they are having every day. He said it rained heavy for a week straight and the city was being flooded.

Southern Idaho has 4-6 (depending on year) without clear days as well. Not to mention the dreaded inversions. The only difference is that it doesn't rain, so in addition to being cloudy it is brown and ugly even in the winter. Unless it is a miserable hell winter that I had this year living over there. We had literally 4-5 feet of snow in two months . I would prefer constant rain to constant snow. I'd take 5 months of rain to 2 months of heavy snow. There is nothing like not being able to leave your house and just making a trip to the grocery store is an adventure that you must pray before embarking in.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:44 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Where in the winter months of this country, outside of Southern California, Southern Arizona and Florida is the winter time so hospitable? Yes, it rains heavier in the winter.. Spring is not so bad. It rains heavy a day, drizzles another then sunny another. Have you been enjoying the nice April weather we been having? The sun is shining and the flowers are blooming.

It does not rain heavy all the time here, it mostly drizzles. But yes, there is periods of heavy rain, but it usually just lasts an hour. There are those El Nino years where you have constant heavy rain. But, guess what, during those years, it tends to also rain heavy in California too. In fact, my brother down in the Bay area told me he cannot believe how much heavy rain they are having every day. He said it rained heavy for a week straight and the city was being flooded.

Southern Idaho has 4-6 (depending on year) without clear days as well. Not to mention the dreaded inversions. The only difference is that it doesn't rain, so in addition to being cloudy it is brown and ugly even in the winter. Unless it is a miserable hell winter that I had this year living over there. We had literally 4 feet of snow in two months . I would prefer constant rain to constant snow. I'd take 5 months of rain to 2 months of heavy snow. There is nothing like not being able to leave your house and just making a trip to the grocery store is an adventure that you must pray before embarking in.
I definitely prefer Seattle's snow - up in the mountains where I can visit it at my convenience. And misty winters are perfect for the holidays, fireplaces and Christmas Ships. Boise looks like Reno to me. That said, we did set the historical record for rainfall this winter so that's something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area