Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 12:41 PM

329 posts, read 1,028,987 times

Advertisements

This winter has been brutal. Absolute hell. Seemingly no end in sight with the gloom. Last year we were running around in flip flops by April, but looking at the weather forecast there's barely an end in sight.

Please tell me it'll get better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 12:46 PM

24 posts, read 23,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroycreate View Post
This winter has been brutal. Absolute hell. Seemingly no end in sight with the gloom. Last year we were running around in flip flops by April, but looking at the weather forecast there's barely an end in sight.

The same here. This has been the worst winter of my 10 years here. I really hope it gets better soon. I suggest taking a trip somewhere warm for a few days.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:58 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
We get these winters sometimes, remember 2008? We normally get plenty of sunny days by now but sometimes the weather gets stuck and it has this spring. IMO it's not bad because it's not cold, just a little gloomy. It's still beautiful though. Book a flight, take a roadtrip, visit Canada, many choices for a weekend pickmeup. Soon people will be complaining and saying where's the rain, happens every year.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:12 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Winter 2007/2008 and spring 2008 were as bad. We get those winters/springs once in awhile.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:28 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
I have been here 23 years, and I thought this winter is actually not bad at all compared to many. The last 2-3 years were unusually mild with no snow, and that seems to have spoiled people. We have had more days of snow than usual, but not much accumulation. We have had very few days below freezing, and even then only down to about 18F where I live. We have been down to 10 in years past, sometimes for over a week at a time. I only remember scraping heavy frost 3-4 times this winter, and never had to drive with freezing fog on the road. It even seems like we have seen the sun this winter more than is normal, getting half or even full days of sun.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:29 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroycreate View Post

Be careful what you wish for. Do you want another summer where it's in the high 80's and 90's all through June, like a couple of years ago?

This winter has been this way because it's a La Nina year. It's part of the cycle, that's all. It helps to understand the forces behind our weather patterns. It helps you have a perspective over it, so you can better take it in stride.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:30 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I have been here 23 years, and I thought this winter is actually not bad at all compared to many. The last 2-3 years were unusually mild with no snow, and that seems to have spoiled people. We have had more days of snow than usual, but not much accumulation. We have had very few days below freezing, and even then only down to about 18F where I live. We have been down to 10 in years past, sometimes for over a week at a time. I only remember scraping heavy frost 3-4 times this winter, and never had to drive with freezing fog on the road. It even seems like we have seen the sun this winter more than is normal, getting half or even full days of sun.
This. Like I said--putting it in perspective.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:30 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
This winter was one of the wettest (if not the wettest) in history and was way below average.

Old 04-07-2017, 03:53 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,783,832 times
Apparently I'm all out of whack. I thought we've had lots of crisp, sunny days when we would normally have gotten windstorms. Of course now we're getting wind when we would usually get a little taste of spring. But most years it seems like after that taste of spring, usually in Feb or March, the rain and clouds come back for the next three months. Eh, it doesn't really seem that different to me. I'm not a fan of hot weather or sunshine, so I selfishly hope it stays like this all year.

Old 04-07-2017, 05:21 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,511,991 times
It's worse down in Oregon. It's colder, hotter, wetter, and windier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area