Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 03:36 PM

12 posts, read 16,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finance2Tech View Post
I agree with this. Women owe men nothing. And men also owe women nothing. Do not expect a man to buy you drinks or a man to hold the door for you. Everyone should be treated equally; after all, that is what modern feminism is about.
True. We should hold the door for anyone who is behind us or carrying a package or needs help out of basic courtesy. We should buy a drink for a friend or new acquaintance as a sign of friendship without expecting anything in return.

Gender really doesn't have anything to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 12:40 AM

261 posts, read 221,484 times
one point: "Modern feminism" does not seem like this at all. its more aggressive nonsense and attacks for no reason and for things which are not even there but only "Discussed" or fabricated. Just how it is - fact. Otherwise, I wouldn't be saying it.

I've never had a "problem" with equality but todays agenda is so aggressive, its so off putting. I have even heard female therapists say the same thing. Its aggressive to the point of being complete man haters.

Old 06-24-2017, 02:58 PM

905 posts, read 1,102,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I did, but nobody ever said "hi" back. Eventually I wised up, and left.
Since I have tentative/currently-in-debate plans to leave as well, does this mean I may actually experience some random friendliness from women (or people in general) while out and about if i do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJUSMC View Post
These dating threads crack me up. I have been here for over a year and a half I am married and no longer on the searching for that special someone. With that being said I believe Seattle would be a great place to meet someone I see beautiful people everywhere I go. If you aren't getting dates or meeting people don't blame the location maybe re thing your strategy remember the definition of insanity. If I were single I am pretty certain I could thrive in Seattle.
Just for clarification, did you move here already married? That's about the safest way to move here in a dating context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josie13
Please "accept and understand the truth:" The women of Seattle do no owe you anything.
I think guys thinking women owe them anything for being polite is another, more widespread problem altogether, rather than a Seattle-specific dating issue (i.e the gender ratio and The Freeze/reserved social atomsphere), but good advice nonetheless.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:57 PM

102,198 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightoficarus87 View Post
Since I have tentative/currently-in-debate plans to leave as well, does this mean I may actually experience some random friendliness from women (or people in general) while out and about if i do?
It depends on where you move to, but--yes. California and Colorado are the friendliest states I know, but I'm sure there are others.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:59 PM

1,155 posts, read 962,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
Yes but women, even glow-less whales, are entitled to millionaire Chad. Just lol
Presumably "millionaire Chad," whoever he might be, will date someone he finds attractive. Women should be allowed the same privilege.

Old 06-24-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltowney View Post
True. We should hold the door for anyone who is behind us or carrying a package or needs help out of basic courtesy. We should buy a drink for a friend or new acquaintance as a sign of friendship without expecting anything in return.

Gender really doesn't have anything to do with it.
Yes! That's the Seattle I live in. We hold the door or give someone a hand out of basic consideration and courtesy, not because we want something in return. Gender does not have anything to do with it.

Old 06-24-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul2015 View Post
one point: "Modern feminism" does not seem like this at all. its more aggressive nonsense and attacks for no reason and for things which are not even there but only "Discussed" or fabricated. Just how it is - fact. Otherwise, I wouldn't be saying it.

I've never had a "problem" with equality but todays agenda is so aggressive, its so off putting. I have even heard female therapists say the same thing. Its aggressive to the point of being complete man haters.
Perhaps, as an experiment, treat the women you encounter as complete human beings with rich interior lives, just like men. Treat everyone you meet with common courtesy and respect, regardless of gender.

You might be regarded as a stand-up guy before too long.

Old 06-24-2017, 10:24 PM

102,198 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul2015 View Post

It sounds like you're hanging out with an immature crowd. I don't know anyone who expresses views like this. Have you been talking to live women, or have you been getting this off the internet?

Old 06-25-2017, 01:19 AM

617 posts, read 1,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josie13 View Post
Perhaps, as an experiment, treat the women you encounter as complete human beings with rich interior lives, just like men. Treat everyone you meet with common courtesy and respect, regardless of gender.

You might be regarded as a stand-up guy before too long.
In other words, you're saying to treat them like friends. Tons of good guys do that -- and just it doesn't work well for them if they're looking for a romantic partner. Friend zone behavior often does not work because it doesn't create much sexual tension/ emotional attraction. It takes flirting, push-pull behavior, light touching, and other things. In other words, game. The "Chads" out there seem to know this. It goes against my personality/programming to say/do such things with some lady I just meet, though. It is what it is.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arushan View Post
In other words, you're saying to treat them like friends. Tons of good guys do that -- and just it doesn't work well for them if they're looking for a romantic partner. Friend zone behavior often does not work because it doesn't create much sexual tension/ emotional attraction. It takes flirting, push-pull behavior, light touching, and other things. In other words, game. The "Chads" out there seem to know this. It goes against my personality/programming to say/do such things with some lady I just meet, though. It is what it is.
No, I'm saying treat women as persons worthy of respect, which is what they are. If you're running a game on someone, that is not respectful.

All the romantic relationships I've had have started with me realizing that I really like and admire a guy. The more I like and admire him as a person, the more attractive he becomes to me. I'd spend a lot of time with him before making any kind of commitment, talking over things, and finding out what made him tick.

If I ever thought a guy was trying to run some kind of game on me, I'd lose all respect for him, and all interest in him as well. Maybe "game" works on stupid people. But why would you want a relationship with a stupid person?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area