Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 12:06 AM

8,856 posts, read 6,846,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Unvaccinated children tend to be healthier, ironically.
The only study I know of that compared unvaccinated kids to vaccinated kids showed that the unvaccinated kids had less allergies, less chronic illness, less colds/flus, etc.
This appears to be fake news from Infowars and the like.

In other words, clickbait. Enough people get suckered (and even link back to this crap!) so they make money.

But who cares. Any BS is fair game in this country, even if people die as a result, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 05:03 AM

1,630 posts, read 3,882,419 times
Quote:
The only study I know of that compared unvaccinated kids to vaccinated kids showed that the unvaccinated kids had less allergies, less chronic illness, less colds/flus, etc.

Some of the chemical compounds added to vaccines might damage a child's immune system and cause auto-immune disorders.
Can you cite the source for 'the only study' - is it credible?

Old 06-21-2017, 08:40 AM

436 posts, read 570,273 times
Quote:
And don't forget fluoride in the water supply, mercury byproducts in vaccines, incredibly high sugar intake (high sugar intake has negative effects on the human brain), and a variety of other factors.

I don't think it's one factor alone that's contributing to this epidemic.
Ohhh man, we had a Anti-Fluoride Anti-Vaxxer "advocate" at our last HoA meeting a few months ago with flyers. He was 20 pounds of crazy in a 5 pound bag, just jittery and demanding to speak first. Had a 5 minute speech prepared and had everybody backing away slowly until he was done. Anti-vaxxers and the type are all already a bit off so they were just looking for some contrarian cause to latch on to. Only pity is they decide to willingly put their children at risk of slow death for their silly cause.

As always, the children suffer for parents misguided and uneducated beliefs.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:54 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:

Some of the chemical compounds added to vaccines might damage a child's immune system and cause auto-immune disorders.
Got reputable citations for ANY of this?

Old 06-21-2017, 09:23 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,016,239 times
I am very against this after having 6 children . We are now having a recurrance of diseases once eradicated - but now they are stronger .
I used to volunteer for various Indian Nations in Oklahoma approx 20 years ago, and one time there was a tremendous Hep A epidemic in my area within the tribe I was working for at the time . My kids had to get the vax . This was a particularly virulent strain of A and was killing people of various ages .

As for non vaxed being more healthy ,, my euro husband did it the euro way ,, our fully vaccinated youngest got sick with a random virus - no pain , no infection , no hurling etc - just felt sorta gross and a high fever . Went to Dr. - Yep its just a nasty bug, not flu .. I was panicked about school limitations ( days she was allowed to be out in a year - this was in Texas ) . Husband was unimpressed and said she will stay home until she is well , if it gets worse at any time she will go back to the Dr . She did her normal indoor things and rested for 10 days, 2 whole weekends and a week with Tylenol as needed . That was 12 years ago . she has been sick maybe once since that time and that was something she ate . Her immune system is like iron .

There has been a ton of new info I've started to read just because I read alot that strongly disputes the vax theory. Of course it is your choice but several Dr's are now starting to be able to pinpoint differences in the brain when someone is autistic . If I can find that link I will post it , I just ran across it a few weeks back and was not looking for it .

UCSD study: Autism begins in pregnancy - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Brain Changes Suggest Autism Starts In The Womb : Shots - Health News : NPR

and finally
https://www.autismspeaks.org/science...al-development

I thought the study was at least a breakthrough .

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 06-21-2017 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: I cannot spell today , sorry .

Old 06-21-2017, 11:15 AM

12 posts, read 16,453 times
Quote:

Even if true (big "if")...the premise here is off. Those unvaccinated kids could only be more healthy because the vast majority of parents vaccinate their kids, leaving the unvaccinated unlikely to contract what have now become rare afflictions.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:43 PM

1,630 posts, read 3,882,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltowney View Post
Even if true (big "if")...the premise here is off. Those unvaccinated kids could only be more healthy because the vast majority of parents vaccinate their kids, leaving the unvaccinated unlikely to contract what have now become rare afflictions.
Simply meaning, at best, unvaccinated are 'as healthy', not 'more healthy'

Old 06-21-2017, 02:01 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,523,666 times
Vaccines don't cause Autism period. Don't appreciate people posting fake news on city data.

If you don't vaccinate your kids and they get sick or worse die it is your fault. If they pass the disease on to other children unvaccinated because of health issues or allergies you should be held accountable.

We would not be having these conversations if the polio virus (or worse) was still around. I am really tired of idiots.

For a quick refresher:

Polio, or poliomyelitis, is a crippling and potentially deadly infectious disease. It is caused by the poliovirus. The virus spreads from person to person and can invade an infected person’s brain and spinal cord, causing paralysis (can’t move parts of the body).

Old 06-21-2017, 02:22 PM

545 posts, read 411,243 times
Reading all this anti-vaxxing nonsense makes me glad I don't have kids.

Old 06-21-2017, 02:24 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,524,286 times
I'm old enough to remember polio. & had several school classmates who had somehow survived it...and they were crippled, in pain, could not walk. I also knew adults with post-polio syndrome, which is a cluster of physical problems caused by the polio virus that plague adult polio survivors for their entire life.

I had measles at age 8. The complications nearly killed me, kept me out of school for 2 months, & most importantly, severely & permanently damaged my vision.

My 2 children came along before the vaccine for chicken pox. They were both very ill, & now have the herpes zoster virus in their bodies, which causes shingles. My mother & husband have had shingles..it's pretty miserable, can spread to the eye & cause blindness.

Many of the anti-vaccine proponents were not even born before these diseases were brought under control, so they have no idea of the physical devastation & death that was caused. And what stopped this? Why, it was vaccinations, you dummies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area