Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 11:44 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Got this mailer from the Manka camp.

Manka is the dem running for district 45 in WA which will determine the fate of our state senate. BIG OIL from another state is sticking its nose in a funding a smear campaign. to scare swing voters in to voting for the FAKE independent ( the Rs are funding and supports a fake independent they moved into the district )

Manka Dhingra 45th District
Democracy is dead. Citizens United along with routine voter suppression were the final nails in the coffin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 12:23 PM

8,863 posts, read 6,869,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
The Constitution?

Both parties are often guilty of stomping all over it when it fits their agenda, but the left seems especially good at it.
The Constitution remains in place, but needs interpretation. I don't recall a constitutional amendment lately.

Let me guess, gun rights? That's an obvious interpretation disagreement.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:25 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Democracy is dead. Citizens United along with routine voter suppression were the final nails in the coffin.
citizens united is a disaster for our democracy but we still have to mail in those envelopes.

In the case of district 45 , the Republicans are running an ""independent"". She moved into the district just for the election and she is funded by a number of Republican PACs.

but if you see her mailers, or signs, you won't see the word "Republican" anywhere. She is hiding it,

Meanwhile phillips 66 and other are running a hard smear campaign against Manka. It will no doubt get worse and more lied filled as we draw closer.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:43 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Outside money is nothing new..

Consider 99% of the major initiatives are funded by OOS interests.

Such as Right (?) to Die... 90% + of it's funding was from outside WA

Democracy (?) not as one would expect, everything is special interest, especially evident and propagated by our friends in the 'other' WA..

Check out how Big Pharma owns the vested interest in the new American(?)CA

Sad. With 'freedom' comes special interest and the affect of MONEY. Politicians know the routine.. WIN and later work as lobbists for FAR more $$ and 'special' benefits!

sad

Old 07-21-2017, 12:55 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Considering the 45th is a small district in Washington State that includes Woodinville, Duvall and parts of Kirkland and Redmond, Texas' Phillips 66 interest in funding Republicans there is pretty blatant. Englund is a hand-picked candidate that just moved to the 45th in order to run. She's previously worked with Cathy McMorris Rodgers and The Heritage Foundation. The other Republican candidate Ken Smith also just moved to the 45th district to run.

Old 07-21-2017, 01:36 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,367,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Outside money is nothing new...
I said that outside money can backfire (for either side), not that it necessarily will. Big Oil coming in and trying to tilt the scale has an obvious agenda - stopping the Dems from passing a carbon tax bill. Could turn a local election into a referendum on global warming.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:09 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Considering the 45th is a small district in Washington State that includes Woodinville, Duvall and parts of Kirkland and Redmond, Texas' Phillips 66 interest in funding Republicans there is pretty blatant. Englund is a hand-picked candidate that just moved to the 45th in order to run. She's previously worked with Cathy McMorris Rodgers and The Heritage Foundation. The other Republican candidate Ken Smith also just moved to the 45th district to run.
very well stated.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
very well stated.
Got home and the mail is packed with 45th District election mail. And yes, Jinyoung Englund's Republican status is barely mentioned but the word "Independent" was everywhere. Never mind that she is a Trump loving Republican and we already have Republicans controlling the entire federal government.

Old 07-23-2017, 06:27 PM

90 posts, read 100,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Thanks for the reminder, I'm traveling but will vote when I get back. I'm so tired of Texas and now Texas involved in Washington State elections? I don't even like seeing their license plates on our local highways. The thought of even more Republicans is sickening. They control all three branches federal government. Stop the madness before we become a banana republic.
You can tell political affiliation through license plates? I see California plates all the time but I don't think they're Liberals automatically. People don't make me sick for their political beliefs. I now feel sorry for anybody that comes into this state with Texas plates. I really hope you don't do anything bad to these innocent people.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacTown View Post
You can tell political affiliation through license plates? I see California plates all the time but I don't think they're Liberals automatically. People don't make me sick for their political beliefs. I now feel sorry for anybody that comes into this state with Texas plates. I really hope you don't do anything bad to these innocent people.
Please. Being less than enthusiastic about newcomers who come from a state that is the polar opposite of the Seattle metro is still allowed. The topic of this thread is about a Texas company that is literally trying to influence the outcome of an election in my very own district. I live in district 45, this matters to me. It sounds like newcomers from Texas are welcome in Puyallup and that's great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area