Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:04 PM

5 posts, read 13,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandC View Post
This IS sarcasm isn't it??????

No, from my experiences and those people that I know from both locations - this would be 200% true. There are many men who don't get manicures - but it isnt uncommon AT ALL!. The rest of my post is pretty much true for the majority of folks you'll meet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 11:41 PM

82 posts, read 614,427 times
I lived in Washington State for 30 years and moved to Fort Worth, Texas last August. I moved away to get away from the gray skies and months of cold, gloomy weather not to mention you can get a house here in Fort Worth for 80-90K with a pool. Only thing I miss about WA. is the scenery, it does get a little dull with these rolling plains here. I'm loving all the sunny days here, think I've only seen like 20 rainy days here since August of course the storm season is in full swing, already heard sirens go off once. If it snows even a trace everything starts to close down, its funny. This summer will be a test here but it beats the cold from Oct. to April in WA.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:57 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,058,896 times
Quote:
no gas guzzling Hummer types....etc.
Ha!! Are you KIDDING ME? Seattle is FULL of the gas guzzling SUV types. FULL of them.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:15 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
Ha!! Are you KIDDING ME? Seattle is FULL of the gas guzzling SUV types. FULL of them.

Man, yeah, I agree. Unless things have changed drastically since I've moved away, it seemed like every other vehicle on the road was a Hummer, Expedition, Suburban, etc.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:25 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,482 times
Quote:
Unfortunately most cities are. Probably more common in the suburbs than in inner city neighborhoods, but as the price of fuel keeps rising that will hopefully change.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately most cities are.
I don't disagree with that - but for this guy to say that Seattle doesn't have them and everyone is concerned about the environment is just not true. Many people in the area recycle because you are fined if you don't - not because you TRULY care. On the flipside, yes there ARE people that truly do care - but to make a misstatement like there aren't hummers in the Seattle area because people care about the environment is silly....

Old 04-06-2008, 09:33 AM

1,053 posts, read 3,089,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimacus View Post
If it snows even a trace everything starts to close down, its funny. This summer will be a test here but it beats the cold from Oct. to April in WA.
That's funny...everyone here says we're hilarious because everything shuts down when it snows. You didn't notice that?

Old 04-06-2008, 09:35 AM

Honestly, every place that doesn't get sizeable amounts of snow (east coast, northern mid west) on a regular basis freaks out when it snows.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:43 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times
Even if Seattle did get sizeable amounts of snow on a frequent basis, I'm assuming that it would still wreak havoc because of the hilly terrain and the type of snow (wet, heavy, slushy stuff). Driving in a more dry snow on level terrain is actually no problem at all for me to drive in.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:44 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,482 times
Quote:
I don't disagree with that - but for this guy to say that Seattle doesn't have them and everyone is concerned about the environment is just not true. Many people in the area recycle because you are fined if you don't - not because you TRULY care. On the flipside, yes there ARE people that truly do care - but to make a misstatement like there aren't hummers in the Seattle area because people care about the environment is silly....
I totally agree with you...

Early last week I was in Kirkland getting gas and a guy in a Hummer pulls in to get gas and was complaining to the women behind him about the price of gas. I nearly chocked when she said, "maybe if you drove something that didn't look like you were trying to compensate for something you wouldn't have to spend so much money on gas".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area