Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 12:37 AM

8,071 posts, read 8,363,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Holy crap, that's in Rochester? With tax, its minimum of $200/wk. Yikes. Things have really gone up... or maybe they're taking advantage of the location which looks to be really close to the Great Wolf Lodge. I'll have to ask my DH for the Arlington area RV park I was referring to earlier in the thread to see if their rates gone up. I'm sure the name has Smokey in it.
Cheap, compared to other RV Parks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2017, 10:41 AM

16 posts, read 24,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
How did you suddenly get an RV?

If you only have $500 for the move you are pretty much going to suck all that up in gas just trying to get out here.

In any case, good luck....
I didnt suddenly get an rv , I do have possessions, I don't live out of a back pack , there's no market to sell anything here unless it's $100 anymore and no has any money,I put the rv it the not feasible to drive section of my my bc of the fuel cost , I've been from here to the west coast many times in my life, and no it's not a 10k g rich mans rv it's van front rv rear type, the lower cost style.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:00 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,484,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, have you considered Bellingham? The rents are cheaper, and there's a good hospital in town. You could look at Olympia, too.

Would your wife be able to pick up some work online? Call center work, or anything that could be done remotely?

What therapies have you tried for your PTSD? There's an excellent practitioner in the Seattle area, but a certain type of acupuncture can be very effective, as well. Message me, if you want more info. Your artery-blocking stress is coming in part from the unresolved PTSD; adrenal hormones run amok. This can also cause chronic inflammation that sets the stage for the auto-immune issues you're having.

There are a variety of herbal remedies that are effective at flushing out the cardio system. I've been on one for years, and when I got the definitive cardio test results back recently, it showed I had the cardio system of a toddler! Message me, if you want more info.
Bellingham isn't cheap, either. And, rentals, cheap rentals, are difficult to find, especially at this time of year when students are or have returned en mass. Median price of a home in Bellingham is $400,000. Rents are high because people who live here don't have the Amazon, etc. wages that Seattle has to buy homes, thus another pressure on higher rent trends.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:51 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,527,166 times
Bikerdad1969, try Aberdeen/Hoquiam for cheaper rent. People in WA dog the place, yes there is crime, but there are worse places. I think Crazy Donkey grew up there so he knows the area. But Seattle/Tacoma, people aren't lying, very expensive, crowded, homeless everywhere, living in tents. I have seen it.

Also, what about SW Ohio? I have a relative who works in Dayton but lives in a suburb, very clean & safe, the kind of area where kids walk to school, soccer moms, nice, inexpensive housing.

My family was from North/South Dakota, I visited last year, all the tidy & prosperous little farm towns from years ago are now in ruin, it's sad. You could probably find a cheap place to rent near Fargo, but the winters are bad.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:44 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
What happened to the bus ticket???????

Now an RV????

Food reviews on YT while broke?

And dead broke AND on death's doorstep but concerned about the "music scene" and where other Youtubers live?

Nope.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:30 PM

638 posts, read 529,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
What happened to the bus ticket???????

Now an RV????

Food reviews on YT while broke?

And dead broke AND on death's doorstep but concerned about the "music scene" and where other Youtubers live?

Nope.
A lot of people who cannot work outside the home attempt to make money on YouTube selling ads to supplement their incomes.

I don't think the story sounds off. I am always amazed at how disorganized and / or poor you can be in the Midwest and still have stuff like a house and stuff. There was an NPR episode about this one person, long story short they are describing this total train wreck of a life but then drop this bomb that she had a condo!!!! This person was in the South and it was her condo, not inherited, somehow she had managed to buy it at some point. I was like no not possible how can you own a freaking condo and be on smack? Well apparently in some parts of the country you can make a decent little life for yourself without running the rat race perfectly for 40 years straight.

That also underlines what OP is in for if they move out here. No room for error.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:56 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
Rates & Info

$395/mo which includes W/S/G.... not sure about the other things (hookup, internet, et c).

Old 09-25-2017, 07:06 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neerwhal View Post
A lot of people who cannot work outside the home attempt to make money on YouTube selling ads to supplement their incomes.

I don't think the story sounds off. I am always amazed at how disorganized and / or poor you can be in the Midwest and still have stuff like a house and stuff. There was an NPR episode about this one person, long story short they are describing this total train wreck of a life but then drop this bomb that she had a condo!!!! This person was in the South and it was her condo, not inherited, somehow she had managed to buy it at some point. I was like no not possible how can you own a freaking condo and be on smack? Well apparently in some parts of the country you can make a decent little life for yourself without running the rat race perfectly for 40 years straight.

That also underlines what OP is in for if they move out here. No room for error.
Wow? Really?

And who is in the Midwest????

Anyway he wasn't "selling ads" he was reviewing food. He's broke. Doesn't add up.

New poster, from Seattle?

Old 09-25-2017, 02:07 PM

638 posts, read 529,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Wow? Really?

And who is in the Midwest????

Anyway he wasn't "selling ads" he was reviewing food. He's broke. Doesn't add up.

New poster, from Seattle?
Do you know how YouTube works for this? If a video hits a certain number of views YouTube will post ads and the poster gets a cut.

OP is in the Midwest.

Old 09-25-2017, 03:01 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,363,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Rates & Info

$395/mo which includes W/S/G.... not sure about the other things (hookup, internet, et c).
The one in Rochester (near Olympia) that I linked to was $450/mo, but included the first 300 kwh of power, so not that far apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area