Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 04:06 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,994,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpointer View Post
I'm a conservative single man, and I am seeking to meet a conservative single woman, but I am realizing in the Seattle area that I may have to compromise and accept a more liberal woman, since I almost never meet any conservative women.
Perhaps you could use online resources to find a like minded individual? Perhaps somebody who moved here from a more conservative area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 04:18 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,994,681 times
Other people have started threads in which they have expressed their distress living in places they hate. They may be too out of synch with the local environment to be happy.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:10 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Randal Walker View Post
Other people have started threads in which they have expressed their distress living in places they hate. They may be too out of synch with the local environment to be happy.
Some East Coast people also tend to have trouble adjusting to Bay Area culture, as well. Even though the Bay Area is friendlier, and there's more going on, entertainment-wise, and all, East is East and West is West, as they say. So there can be some disconnect when the twain meet.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:50 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpointer View Post
I'm a conservative single man, and I am seeking to meet a conservative single woman, but I am realizing in the Seattle area that I may have to compromise and accept a more liberal woman, since I almost never meet any conservative women. To continue living here, I'll have to change my political views, or keep my political views to myself. If I meet and start dating a single woman, then we may need to come to an agreement to never discuss political matters.
Nah, I wouldn't worry that much about it. Instead of saying you're conservative and someone else is liberal, why not just consider your differences as two people who like different flavors of ice cream? Unless you hook up with someone who is a full blown extremist, I'd say having respect for each other will take care of 90% of any discussion or problems that may come up.

I'm an atheist and one of my best friends is a Christian. If we could get along like a house on fire, I'm sure most people can, regardless of how different their ideologies are.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:53 PM

4 posts, read 4,172 times
Yes, you are right.

The pacific northwest has a large contingent of women who are independent and strong until the first second it is convenient and benefits them not to be. Then, and only then, is it up to the men to "man up" and complete those gender roles which otherwise are outdated and oppressive.

Looking nice is above them. Being friendly is merely a homage to a time when women were slaves and forced into gender roles. Now why are the men here such broken men and not asking women out? The women here are amazing, brilliant, caring, intelligent, fun, loving, wonderful, people, and what is the problem here?

Equality is a buffet line and you take what you want and leave the rest. Other people be damned, they'll pick up the scraps or starve. We see stark differences in behavior between the coasts. Truly, the sexes engage in different behavior when put in similar situations (i.e. have the majority of the dating population).

Old 10-12-2017, 09:10 PM

61 posts, read 79,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Some East Coast people also tend to have trouble adjusting to Bay Area culture, as well. Even though the Bay Area is friendlier, and there's more going on, entertainment-wise, and all, East is East and West is West, as they say. So there can be some disconnect when the twain meet.
The Bay Area is pretty big and I would not say it's friendlier than the Puget Sound overall. The Peninsula and much of the South Bay is decidedly not friendlier. The East Bay and North Bay tend to be friendly but again overall I wouldn't say the Bay Area is friendlier overall. I've lived all over both regions for much of my life, by the way.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:32 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyouareright View Post
Yes, you are right.

The pacific northwest has a large contingent of women who are independent and strong until the first second it is convenient and benefits them not to be. Then, and only then, is it up to the men to "man up" and complete those gender roles which otherwise are outdated and oppressive.

Looking nice is above them. Being friendly is merely a homage to a time when women were slaves and forced into gender roles. Now why are the men here such broken men and not asking women out? The women here are amazing, brilliant, caring, intelligent, fun, loving, wonderful, people, and what is the problem here?

Equality is a buffet line and you take what you want and leave the rest. Other people be damned, they'll pick up the scraps or starve. We see stark differences in behavior between the coasts. Truly, the sexes engage in different behavior when put in similar situations (i.e. have the majority of the dating population).
No, you are wrong. Because I don't change my independence for something that would "benefit" me. In fact, there have been many times when I've had the opportunity to choose between independence and being on my own (read broke) over taking it easy with someone who would support me if I just gave up my independence. I chose my independence every time and I'd do the same again, no matter what coast I was living on.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:21 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,831,396 times
How come so many Seattle threads end up devolving into "Seattle Women Suck" threads.. I agree Seattle is lacking some soul, but you cannot blame this specifically on the women. In fact, I would blame more of Seattle's soullessness on the men than the women.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:47 PM

4 posts, read 4,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
How come so many Seattle threads end up devolving into "Seattle Women Suck" threads.. I agree Seattle is lacking some soul, but you cannot blame this specifically on the women. In fact, I would blame more of Seattle's soullessness on the men than the women.
If you have to ask...

Old 11-02-2017, 12:37 PM

135 posts, read 164,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post

You are not necessarily wrong here. At the same time, Seattle is the worst major U.S. city for single straight men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area