Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 05:44 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,915,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, how did you make so many friends, in two years' time? A lot of other transplants to the area would like to know. Congratulations! I'm glad Seattle's a good fit for you.
I have been in Seattle for over 2 years. I moved to seattle in july 2015. For the 1st year that i lived in Seattle i didnt know too many people.

I joined a bunch of social groups in Seattle and Bellevue and met friends that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 06:23 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,350,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Enjoy it as much as you can everyday. There is a boatload or thousands of them making the same trek up here. In 5 more years Puget Sound will be So Cal north anyway. Sorry to burst your bubble. Its just reality.
That boat sailed 20+ years ago, King County was Californicated years ago.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:53 PM

638 posts, read 527,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
In july 2015 i picked up from living in the Los Angeles area for my full life and dont regret it one bit. You couldn't even pay me enough money to move out of Seattle and move back to Los Angeles. I used to live in the San Fernando Valley portion of LA in Encino,California.

My parents moved here nearly 50 years ago and never looked back to SoCal. I lived there temporarily and hated it. Again, to each their own: it's just not for me. PNW4lyfe.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neerwhal View Post
My parents moved here nearly 50 years ago and never looked back to SoCal. I lived there temporarily and hated it. Again, to each their own: it's just not for me. PNW4lyfe.
Atleast im not the only one who feels that southern California isnt for me.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:31 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
I have been in Seattle for over 2 years. I moved to seattle in july 2015. For the 1st year that i lived in Seattle i didnt know too many people.

I joined a bunch of social groups in Seattle and Bellevue and met friends that way.
Yeah, I can do the math, lol! What kind of social groups?

Old 10-16-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, I can do the math, lol! What kind of social groups?
Toastmasters,jewish singles groups and aspergers supoort support groups.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:07 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,568,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKirkland View Post
When I got back home to Seattle I was happy to be back. I'll be staying put - flights to SoCal are cheap enough when I need them :-)
People who move to the PNW often feel this way. I know we do. After visiting other areas of the country, it feels really great when you get back to Washington, or Oregon, Seattle, Portland, etc. The clean air, the clean water, the green forests, the beautiful coast and the Pacific Ocean, the mountains. It's just awesome when you get back home to the PNW.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:37 PM

268 posts, read 356,840 times
I m from the ..."old Seattle" (meaning pre 1986!) so I can say that when i flew back to Seattle for the first time in 30 years I was in shock in terms of all the changes. Simply nothing was the same. Not bad but different.

Today we live in San Diego and while the temperature is nice year round ( we get May-June-July gloom every year) on the coast ) many of our friends have moved to Seattle. San Diego is very nice but the beach vibe and no real culture is just not our cup of tea.
The only reason we are not moving yet is I`m afraid that my wife, who has moderate depression, would struggle with the low light days from October-April. Maybe its not that bad but I m afraid to take any risk for the moment.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya97 View Post
I m from the ..."old Seattle" (meaning pre 1986!) so I can say that when i flew back to Seattle for the first time in 30 years I was in shock in terms of all the changes. Simply nothing was the same. Not bad but different.

Today we live in San Diego and while the temperature is nice year round ( we get May-June-July gloom every year) on the coast ) many of our friends have moved to Seattle. San Diego is very nice but the beach vibe and no real culture is just not our cup of tea.
The only reason we are not moving yet is I`m afraid that my wife, who has moderate depression, would struggle with the low light days from October-April. Maybe its not that bad but I m afraid to take any risk for the moment.
The Seattle rain and gloom doenst bother me at all.

Old 10-19-2017, 05:49 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,892,909 times
Quote:
Here is seattle i have many many friends now that respect me and care about me. I see these friends every weekend.
How did you manage that? Many people talk of the Seattle Freeze. That it's hard to make close friends because everyone is already in a clique, or so flaky. And especially hard to find a girlfriend.

I live in L.A. too (in Santa Monica), but have considered moving to Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area